WTF has happened to our defense..

Perspective

Liked Posts:
that CB blitz was brutal...CB blitz on Rodgers with one on one deep is a recipe for disaster.

the play where they were faking the blitz on the left side was well played. Almost resulted in an INT.....

It is better to fake blitzes that to actually blitz, let alone a CB blitz.

The CB blitz was a good play call as long as they had dimes coverage package which means DHC should have been on MVS....Trevathan should not even be on the field in that situation .....guessing Bush was injured for this game? They shoukd have had Vildor DHC Shelley Fuller EJax on the field

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The consensus is Pagano, however Mack and Quinn certainly have not been elite, the tackling has been abysmal and it seems like the whole defence is out of sync. Injuries dont help either, but this is not all on the coach, the players need to be accountable for there poor play.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mack, Hicks and Quinn rarely ever make plays. That’s a huge problem. Quinn was never good for us, but those other guys have fallen off big time.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Does anyone have stats on the Bears QB pressures? Seems to me that this is a huge problem. Most of the other nfl games that I watch, I think it sure would be nice if the Bears could bring that heat.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But he is still a candidate. (or was before injury)

Not sure he'll be over J.Chinn and A.Winfield who have both played very well for Carolina and Tampa.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The consensus is Pagano, however Mack and Quinn certainly have not been elite, the tackling has been abysmal and it seems like the whole defence is out of sync. Injuries dont help either, but this is not all on the coach, the players need to be accountable for there poor play.
No the underneath stuff is wide open.
He jump the route because that's his only responsibility on the play. It's man across the board. Bracket coverage is designed to dbl a specific receiver. You don't set your safties up to bracket in an empty formation with two dbs blitzing. If you did it would be pure negligence because there would be people open everywhere inside the hashes. I rewatched this play about 8 times now.

You can't ask a Safety to bracket on the outside and simultaneously carry inside leverage on the slot wr.
possibly i guess, it makes no sense to drop a defensive lineman into a zone when you’re in man

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No the underneath stuff is wide open.

possibly i guess, it makes no sense to drop a defensive lineman into a zone when you’re in man
Yeah, its just something that is designed to create a bit of confusion/hesitation with two DBs screaming off the corners along the Oline. But as we well know, Rogers is the master of finding his hot read and getting the ball out.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hear it's not Pagano's fault.

Because coaching doesn't matter at all, the players are the ones out on the field playing the game.

I love when people say that shit^^^

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, its just something that is designed to create a bit of confusion/hesitation with two DBs screaming off the corners along the Oline. But as we well know, Rogers is the master of finding his hot read and getting the ball out.
Easy to also find the ILB in 1 on 1 with a Wide Out. Or ILB's forgetting to cover a TE in the end zone or even better, your slowest ILB trying to cover your teams #1 Wr.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Easy to also find the ILB in 1 on 1 with a Wide Out. Or ILB's forgetting to cover a TE in the end zone or even better, your slowest ILB trying to cover your teams #1 Wr.
Woods blowing that assignment hurt. Credit to the Packers for targeting him right after Roquan went down. That play doesn't happen with him on the field.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The CB blitz was a good play call as long as they had dimes coverage package which means DHC should have been on MVS....Trevathan should not even be on the field in that situation .....guessing Bush was injured for this game? They shoukd have had Vildor DHC Shelley Fuller EJax on the field
The secondary was out of position for sure

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Excuses...
Pagano scheme
DROY candidate corner out
Starting nickle out
Best run stopper on COVID leave
Best defender injured in first Q
old
EJack sucks after his contract

Was gonna copy the "One Word PAGANO" post, but this sums up even more noteworthy factors.

Coach not having the balls to challenge the league on Mack, Quinn, & Hicks being blatantly held every other play without calls is another.

Nitschke

Liked Posts:
Never should have let the Packers steal this guy:
S Adrian Amos: The former Bear plays his best games in Chicago. An offside penalty on Preston Smith prevented what should have been a two-takeaway day for Amos. Late in the first half, he wrestled the ball away from David Montgomery in the flat and then recovered the fumble, but the penalty negated the play. Later, he essentially sealed the game by ranging to his left and intercepting a misthrow from Mitchell Trubisky down the seam in the fourth quarter. The Packers had the route covered perfectly and Amos was right there to grab the forced throw. Twice, Amos made nearly perfect tackles. He smacked Darnell Mooney along the sideline short of the sticks, and his diving stop of Trubisky in the open field prevented a potential touchdown on the final drive.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never should have let the Packers steal this guy:
S Adrian Amos: The former Bear plays his best games in Chicago. An offside penalty on Preston Smith prevented what should have been a two-takeaway day for Amos. Late in the first half, he wrestled the ball away from David Montgomery in the flat and then recovered the fumble, but the penalty negated the play. Later, he essentially sealed the game by ranging to his left and intercepting a misthrow from Mitchell Trubisky down the seam in the fourth quarter. The Packers had the route covered perfectly and Amos was right there to grab the forced throw. Twice, Amos made nearly perfect tackles. He smacked Darnell Mooney along the sideline short of the sticks, and his diving stop of Trubisky in the open field prevented a potential touchdown on the final drive.
Amos is that you?

One of those near perfect tackles was an illegal hit to the head.

Nitschke

Liked Posts:
Rules in the NFL fans handbook.
#1- If a ref doesn't see a penalty happen it never happened.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Nothing is wrong with the defense they just played the #1 offense in a league whose rules are designed to give every advantage to the offense . The problem is with the fanbase whose still thinks its 2004 and you can beat good teams scoring 15 points.

The defense has faced 6 of the top 11 scoring offenses in the league

#1 GB 32 ppg held them to 21 points until midway through the 4th
#3 Bucs 30 ppg held them to 20 points
#4 Titans 30 ppg held them to 17 points
#5 Saints 30 ppg held them to 26 points in a OT game
#9 Colts 28 ppg held them to 19 points
#11 Vikings 27 ppg held them to 19 and 27 points in the two meetings

Im not trying to defend the defense because they are overrated but on the offensive side of the ball it just has not worked against good teams and even with solid Oline play and a run game we still are getting the same results with Mitch as qb