Yesterday wasn't an anomaly

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know everyone is wracking their brains trying to figure out what went wrong yesterday for the Bears to look so awful against the Packers.

Just a few things to consider and why it will be so hard for the Bears to be even the slightest bit competitive this year.

Yesterday was the absolute worst we've seen from this coaching staff from the offense to the defense.

The Bears couldn't generate pressure with their front four, and Alan Williams REFUSED to dial up any blitzes and Jordan Love had at one point like six seconds to throw the ball. At some point maybe they should have called more than one blitz. Defensive play calling was awful as was

Luke Getsy and the offensive play calling. It's almost like the entire tone of the game (the season?) was set on the Bears' first offensive drive with those idiotic third and fourth down calls. The offensive game plan had no rhyme or reason yesterday. Two targets for DJ Moore?

Justin Fields was God awful yesterday again showing he can't see the field well enough to throw to wide open players. The Packers minimalized his rushing threat and rallied to the football. Justin missed three wide open check down throws and should have been throwing the ball down the field, although one of the times he did he stared down his receiver and threw an awful pick.

He was also under duress all day because the offensive line still can't pass block. Nate Davis was horrible at a complete waste of money yeah who didn't see that coming? Three year 30 million dollars for that.

Lucas Patrick Cody Whitehair and the two offensive tackles were terrible yesterday as well. Wright gave up a sack. I don't know what the hell PFF saw yesterday but you can watch the clips online he was beaten for a sack.

Four penalties from Braxton Jones?

The receivers weren't very good yesterday one big play from Darnell Mooney and that was it from the receivers.

The running game was trash until a late garbage time surge from the rookie finally gave everyone something to cheer about.

The defensive line was trash Justin Jones showed exactly the player I know him to be. Don't know why he's the starting 3- technique at all. The Bears apparently had one of the worst pass rushing days in the history of the metrics era yesterday. Pick who you blame or blame everyone.

The linebackers were awful yesterday. A few decent plays by Edmunds not a single notable play by anyone else. Edwards got torched in man coverage and made no other notable plays.

No turnovers from the secondary no forced fumbles from the rest of the defense.

So what does it all mean? Even if the Bears Luke Getsy and the coaching staff prepare better and call a better game Justin Fields still has to play better

Even if Justin Fields plays better the offensive line still has to block better.

Even if the offensive line protects better, Chase Claypool has to give better effort in the receiving game to take pressure off of DJ Moore.

Even if Chase Claypool plays better they still need better run blocking and production from the run game to help provide balance to the passing game.

The defense still needs to figure out how to stop the run and rush the passer and there's little reason to believe they'll both of those well simultaneously.

So the bottom line, EVERYTHING went wrong yesterday. Even if things start going right there's going to have to be a helluva lot to go right for the Bears to be competitive in these games. I have little faith that there's enough talent on this team for things to go right long enough and well enough for 60 minutes to overcome all of the other shit that's probably going to go wrong.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears looked bad yesterday. But they are hardly the only team in the nfl to have a poor first game. Feel like week 1 has been bad since they went to 3 preseason games. If the offense is still this pedestrian after 4 games, Justin Fields time in Chicago could be in jeopardy. Bears coaching staff gets an F for whatever the fuck that was

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bears looked bad yesterday. But they are hardly the only team in the nfl to have a poor first game. Feel like week 1 has been bad since they went to 3 preseason games. If the offense is still this pedestrian after 4 games, Justin Fields time in Chicago could be in jeopardy. Bears coaching staff gets an F for whatever the fuck that was
I'd believe this if the Bears/Fields/Getsy/Williams/Fluberbus didn't look like this for 11 games in a row now

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You're going to hurt a lot of feelings
He won’t because he doesn’t pretend to be a journalist or have the hubris to think that he is the only one to realize the bears suck. You on the other hand are like an obese scott van pelt trying and failing to monetize the obvious

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Any chance everyone in the building believes Fields isn't the guy and they are tanking for Caleb?

Think there's a far higher chance that the front office and coaching staff don't have a clue what they're doing than that they're deliberately tanking for a QB. They can draft a new QB but it doesn't change the fact the roster collectively sucks.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Caleb is the only QB worth resetting the timeline with. Couldn't say the same about Stroud or Young. Unless the bears get the first pick, I'm riding with Justin.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think there's a far higher chance that the front office and coaching staff don't have a clue what they're doing than that they're deliberately tanking for a QB. They can draft a new QB but it doesn't change the fact the roster collectively sucks.
I just don’t get what people expected?

The man told us he felt he had 70-75% of the players he wanted. Does 75% sound good or finished?