BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep, I saw this a few days ago - and he points out how Mitch wasn't even seeing the field...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, I saw this a few days ago - and he points out how Mitch wasn't even seeing the field...

You know what's funnier? Mitch killed it in his 7 lifetime games against the Lions.

If you annualize his 7 games to a 16 game season, this is what you get:

Yards - 4,269

Touchdowns 34

Interceptions. 9

Passer Rating - 106.3

The Lions example is a poor one.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know what's funnier? Mitch killed it in his 7 lifetime games against the Lions.

If you annualize his 7 games to a 16 game season, this is what you get:

Yards - 4,269

Touchdowns 34

Interceptions. 9

Passer Rating - 106.3

The Lions example is a poor one.

Look at it this way:

If Mitch was still fucking it up against a team he killed statistically, just how bad was Mitch?

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Look at it this way:

If Mitch was still fucking it up against a team he killed statistically, just how bad was Mitch?
Enough that he got abandoned by the GM that traded up to get him, and the coach who had enough of trying to make him seem less Special person each week

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the real headline from that video comes in the last minute

dude is trying to explain the poor play of Trubs/Foles and saying that he can't say for sure how much was on the player and how much was on the scheme

but that from all the tape he reviewed, the scheme certainly looked good

the direct quote: "after watching the tape, to be honest with you, I think the system is pretty darn good"

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Said it before, Fields fits Nagy well. It's an aggressive O with movement that had passive or immobile slow armed QBs. I defended Nagy's plays once he stopped all the silly presnap movement and Fields will make them work. If Nagy gets better at sequencing and not tipping off plays with personnel and alignments (still an issue :( ), this could work well. Nagy and Fields both love to attack downfield and we haven't seen enough of those bite a D.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
the real headline from that video comes in the last minute

dude is trying to explain the poor play of Trubs/Foles and saying that he can't say for sure how much was on the player and how much was on the scheme

but that from all the tape he reviewed, the scheme certainly looked good

the direct quote: "after watching the tape, to be honest with you, I think the system is pretty darn good"
Complaints about Nagy aren't the scheme, in actuality.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Said it before, Fields fits Nagy well. It's an aggressive O with movement that had passive or immobile slow armed QBs. I defended Nagy's plays once he stopped all the silly presnap movement and Fields will make them work. If Nagy gets better at sequencing and not tipping off plays with personnel and alignments (still an issue :( ), this could work well. Nagy and Fields both love to attack downfield and we haven't seen enough of those bite a D.
Isn't presnap movement simply suppose to make it easier for the qb to read man vs zone?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isn't presnap movement simply suppose to make it easier for the qb to read man vs zone?
Not that movement. The fire drill stuff. We'd run the same plays from a bunch of different initial sets and wasted movement and it wasn't fooling anyone but the O.

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Yeah Mitch sucks at post snap reads, and funnily enough this isnt the only play where he fucked up the Hank read. You could also do a low lights of him making the wrong decisions in run option situations because he doesnt read the DE fast enought to make the decision to hand off or keep it. SO he just guesses and he dont guess right a lot of the time.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Yeah Mitch sucks at post snap reads, and funnily enough this isnt the only play where he fucked up the Hank read. You could also do a low lights of him making the wrong decisions in run option situations because he doesnt read the DE fast enought to make the decision to hand off or keep it. SO he just guesses and he dont guess right a lot of the time.
Jesus fucking christ... Mitch was a level of remedial/bad, that is just unreal.. They called a fucking H.S. level play, that spelled out his reads, and he STILL managed to not only fuck it up, but get sacked and fumble! I bet Nagy and Lazor were both fucking beside themselves after that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's been plenty of dumb QBs that could calmly go through reads. Mitch? Not so much.

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Jesus fucking christ... Mitch was a level of remedial/bad, that is just unreal.. They called a fucking H.S. level play, that spelled out his reads, and he STILL managed to not only fuck it up, but get sacked and fumble! I bet Nagy and Lazor were both fucking beside themselves after that.
Nagy has a lot of his own warts, but yeah seeing that 2 play sequence of WR schemed wide open and just flat out missed on a bad throw from your QB, so you call an easy short pass to get him back in rythm and he fucks even that up and turns it over has to be maddening.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Nagy has a lot of his own warts, but yeah seeing that 2 play sequence of WR schemed wide open and just flat out missed on a bad throw from your QB, so you call an easy short pass to get him back in rythm and he fucks even that up and turns it over has to be maddening.
I wonder what the dialog was between them, on their headsets, when Mitch went full "Mole Eyes" on that play?

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Yet another f*cking post, on my thread about another f*cking post about Justin Fields. Great vid, from Samuel Gold, showing different scenarios where Fields made a bad play, received and learned from the OC/HC over the week, and never repeated the same mistake again.

Like Brett Kollman, and TTNL, and The QB School, Samuel Gold does some good all 22 break downs of what happens on the field each Sat/Sun for NCAA/NFL players. Check him out, subscribe, and enjoy the content.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As for the vid. I know Ohio state has a QB stigma but I have a hard time believing that would hinder teams from choosing Fields. The scheme they ran with Fields was completely different than what came before and he started with the arrival of a new offensive minded HC. I suppose GMs may have discounted some scout reports due to history but that's being ridiculous.

It's actually worse than not taking Mahomes early because of Texas Tech's O. No, I'm not comparing them as players. Fields is less projection because you could actually watch him run pro concepts in college. I can see some of the concern about navigating a pocket and staying home too much but that's easily corrected with fewer WR options on routes and more reads related to presnap. This O has more early recognition concepts that should allow peeking at the rush. That he would like to more mimic Wilson tells me that he's aware of this as well and will work more on keeping plays alive.

Unlike RG3, he will slide on runs and really tries (too) hard to not break the pocket but he has an even greater ability to extend plays than he's shown in college. If that becomes more common, he could become elite.

It's rare for me to say that because mobile college QB tend to need to be told to stay home and I don't think you can get sustained NFL success without being able to throw from a pocket but we already know he can do that. :)

Last edited: