Your boy Leno doing his thing last night…

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you finally admit that having Leno which would cost 11M in 2021 (a savings of 8 million in 2021 if he is cut, not 6. Read Peggers post above), "leads to the same thing" or the QBs getting killed.

Why pay anything at all to keep that type of results if his best is crap? Replace him for cheap, save the money and have a floor of Leno results, with a chance of getting a cheap and GOOD replacement?
What do you mean "finally admit"? My first post to you(which i reposted) literally says "leads to the same thing" = the QBs getting killed. Did you finally read it?

I don't think Leno is good. But id rather have a guy with familiarity with the offense, zero durability issues and knows the guys on that OL over Alex Bars and Larry Borom. I also would rather they play Jenkins(if healthy) at RT, where everyone seems to believe he's better suited.

You think a bunch of random, inexperienced, late round OTs are less likely to get the QB hurt without a shred of evidence outside of one good practice. We can just agree to disagree here. I'm not gonna go back and forth all night over charles fucking leno vs larry borom.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leno will be easily replaceable with equal or better play.

If Leno were this everybody-wants-him-super-LT, he would not be in Washington with a 4 million one-year contract. He would have gotten a multi-year contract at least making 12 million per year.

Simple. Can't argue with that.

If he had changed his contract to the same one year 4 million dollar contract with the Bears, I guess he could have been in the running for a spot on the Bears. However; that was never going to happen.

Yes I already said he was a replacement level player. That isnt the same as claiming he was one of the worst LTs. Wilkinson who could conceivably start this year graded out much worse than him.

You again are conflating average with one of the worst. They were plenty of guys that graded out worse than him.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I watched Leno's snaps from yesterday and he played with more effort than he did here of late. He was not diving and keeping his feet with a bit more aggressiveness than we're accustomed to. He had a couple other not so good reps in less than a quarter but not as bad as the one in the link. Doesn't really move people as much as shields on runs. The relocation may have been good for both parties since Leno would likely still be playing less urgently if still here. That said, less than a quarter is a big incomplete to evaluate from and 1 rep like the one in the link every quarter would be a disaster.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are people on this team right now that we've never heard of that have fundamentals equal to or better than Leno.
Leno is where he belongs. If Jenkins never plays a down, Leno is still where he belongs.

Bust

Liked Posts:
So I watched Leno's snaps from yesterday and he played with more effort than he did here of late. He was not diving and keeping his feet with a bit more aggressiveness than we're accustomed to. He had a couple other not so good reps in less than a quarter but not as bad as the one in the link. Doesn't really move people as much as shields on runs. The relocation may have been good for both parties since Leno would likely still be playing less urgently if still here. That said, less than a quarter is a big incomplete to evaluate from and 1 rep like the one in the link every quarter would be a disaster.

Bruh, defenses are playing vanilla. Coaches don't want to give away their plays "blitz schemes and what not" to the week 1 opponent.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bruh, defenses are playing vanilla. Coaches don't want to give away their plays "blitz schemes and what not" to the week 1 opponent.
OMG, really? Such unique insight! Who are you quoting?

I said I'd watch his snaps and comment on his play. I can only speak to what actually happened "and whatnot."

I won't miss him.