Your Favorite Sports Writers

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I would like to know what sports journalist you all read...whether local or national or even someone localized in another market. I am always interested in new points of view....here are my favorites...

Chuck Rosen/Fox Sports....Raw basketball knowledge based on years as a coach (coached under Phil Jackson) and a player. Does not sugarcoat anything.

Jason Whitlock/Fox Sports....Same as Rosen, best when talking football, says very controversial things, had the guts to criticize ESPN...while working for them.

K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune....Really knows basketball, interested to see how the Score uses him this winter.

Sam Smith/Bulls.com....One of the great minds of basketball journalism. I would much rather listen to him tell why a trade won't happen then to come up with trade scenarios of his own.

If you have any, please share them with the class.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only one I know is Sam Smith. -.-

JakeN7

Liked Posts:
My job this summer required a lot of driving, so I found my self listening to a lot of podcasts. Bill Simmons BS report is probably my favorite of the bunch, and I recently started reading his columns. Although usually very lengthy I do enjoy them as he brings humor and pop culture like TV shows and movies into sports.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Mike McGraw. He actually responds to emails with a lot of thought, incorporates what people tell him into his articles, etc. He was also the only one to bring up the point in regards to the Bulls re-signing Ben Gordon, that the Bulls were the most profitable team in the NBA.

Jillian Jesk, she gets some good interviews. She doesn't have the best flow to her questions all the time in her interviews, but the questions she asks are great...largely because she listens to the community.

Finally, Adrian Wojnarowski. He is the GOAT of sports journalism. His sourcing is amazing, and he has a good grip on all things NBA.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
McGraw turned corner this year, but it hard to like a guy thats fine with Hughes starting

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sam Smith is up there. I used to read Rick Reily's section in Sports Illustrated all the time before he left.

Liked Posts:
Back when he was a writer, Tony Kornheiser.

Norman Chad was good.

Dan LeBatard was aight.

And most of all...

Michael Ray Wilbon!

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
dude, MICHAEL RAY WILBON of course. plus he's even better on tv :) and i really like tony as well.

but other than that:
i like sam smith, except for some things he says i don't agree with.
rick reilly's stuff in ESPN the Mag i like.
and i've liked the scoop jackson stuff on kush's show, so i should try him.

and JAY MARIOTTI!!! i kid, i kid, don't shoot me :p does he even like sports? he never has something positive to say, does he.