’ Shea MCcellin - bears secondary would be fixed if we didn’t draft him

Liked Posts:
It hurt a lot picking McClellin for sure. It hurt the Bears to also pick Kevin White. It hurt the Bears to pick Gabe Carimi. One could make the simple argument that the Bears are where they are today because Lovie & Angelo refused to draft & aquire a few talented O-linemen & One or two good WR's in 2010. Neglegence & drafting busts hurt.

No real use crying over spilled milk. For once I like a Bears coaching staff a lot. They are a roll of the dice a bit but I like the risks they took, & at least to me they make sense. It's not like the rolled the dice on a CFL coach this time around with an offensive mind either. I love that they hired Nagy & I love that he's brought in an OC who is going to help coach to our young QB's strengths with an RPO system, unlike Fox who seemed hellbent on developing Trubisky souly on what he didn't know instead of trying to build off his strengths.

The Bears made a ton of mistakes & I hhhhated the McClellin pick & wanted to brick my tv when it was announced, but I liked his him, his, attitude & work ethic. The kid should probably scribble up his own gameplan & take a shot at coaching. As a player the kid just didn't have "it". To pin alot of the damage on one bad pick is just plain unfair, here's plenty of blame to go around for the shitstorm that became the Chicago Bears.

Through all of the chaos, I will say again that since drafting Mitch Trubisky, I am finding myself saying more & more, little by little, I like what the Bears are doing & for the first time in years am actually VERY excited about this franchise again. Especially if they get the QB a couple blue chip talent WR's & ice the cake with an O-lineman or two.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
the shoopster will never forget gathering with friends at Ditka's on Chestnut for the 2012 draft. That fat, shitty Sinatra stylist that sings on the second floor was warbling woefully over the draft feed, but finally put the mic down when the Bears came on the clock. The choice of Shea Mc(Sm)ellin was met first with stunned silence (who?) and then resigned, rueful laughter as the crowd realized the Bears had outdone themselves yet again in passing over talent to bring in another Lilly-white, farm-strong tweener who no doubt was soft-spoken and polite enough to pass Ginny's sniff test.

Last edited: