“Order of extensions”

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Poles is adamant that he wants Allen to be a Bear past 2024, but time will tell when an extension will get done

“I think down the road," Poles said Monday about an extension for Allen. "I try to be intentional with the order that we do extensions, so we’ll review that and kind of see what our order looks like. But for what he stands for, I would love to have him long term.”

Looking at this quote has me thinking who is even worthy of being extended at the moment?

DJ is the obvious one. Jenkins? I can’t think of anyone else even eligible.

Pure speculation here but I think after the draft priority #1 is a big extension for DJ. 26 year old WR’s who catch 1,000+ yards from pretty much anyone, and have zero drama, shouldn’t even sniff the free agent market IMO.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Poles is adamant that he wants Allen to be a Bear past 2024, but time will tell when an extension will get done

“I think down the road," Poles said Monday about an extension for Allen. "I try to be intentional with the order that we do extensions, so we’ll review that and kind of see what our order looks like. But for what he stands for, I would love to have him long term.”

Looking at this quote has me thinking who is even worthy of being extended at the moment?

Pure speculation here but I think after the draft priority #1 is a big extension for DJ. 26 year old WR’s who catch 1,000+ yards from pretty much anyone, and have zero drama, shouldn’t even sniff the free agent market IMO.
Hurts my head to think a GM traded DJ, DW, CW, and a future 2nd rnd pick away for the 3rd best QB in the draft. Obviously behind Stroud and Bagent. How many billboards would we have paid for if this happened in reverse for Chicago ?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
extensions are on the way to george and kevin "stadium" warren! they come first!!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, there really is nobody else. Jenkins, if extended, should be relatively "cheap" due to his injuries, but you never know. I also hope they extend KA for another 2-3 years. However, I'd like to see him gel get out of training camp uninjured and looking good before more guaranteed money is laid down. Don't want to see a preseason injury or anything crazy.

Chicagofam

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
1) Moore
1A) Allen

Second tier with the guard market exploding I just wouldn’t feel comfortable going a huge deal with Jenkins. Like the player but obviously injuries are scary.

I could see Coleman Shelton getting a mid year extension if he fits in well at center. Ala billings last year.

cwcwcwcw1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Close to no chance in hell I'd extend Jenkins. He has missed significant time every year due to injury.
Sure, maybe there is a number low enough to where it makes sense from a Bears perspective. However from Jenkins perspective that number would probably be low enough that Jenkins and his agent would feel more inclined to declining it and test free agency following the year.

Jenkins, at the bare minimum, needs to play a healthy year before the Bears come anywhere near a number that both parties can agree on.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
IMHO Jenkins extension should be fine as long as there lots of stipulations/safeguards in place. Hopefully he get past that health bug and have great career as a Bear. When healthy he is a beast. They don't make like him anymore..:)

Bust

Liked Posts:
Close to no chance in hell I'd extend Jenkins. He has missed significant time every year due to injury.
Sure, maybe there is a number low enough to where it makes sense from a Bears perspective. However from Jenkins perspective that number would probably be low enough that Jenkins and his agent would feel more inclined to declining it and test free agency following the year.

Jenkins, at the bare minimum, needs to play a healthy year before the Bears come anywhere near a number that both parties can agree on.

After another loss to the Packers . . . (2-18, last 20 games #brutal)

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I am just glad that he keeps an eye on how he formulates his contract structure.

The man ate a lot of shit for how this team has looked so far under his tenure. He best not waste the clean slate that he spent his reputation to achieve.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
IMHO Jenkins extension should be fine as long as there lots of stipulations/safeguards in place. Hopefully he get past that health bug and have great career as a Bear. When healthy he is a beast. They don't make like him anymore..:)
That's why they make two-year contracts.

If he plays fully healthy this year, give him two years and a chance to prove that he gets a bigger payday in a relatively short amount of time. And for the win-win, the team doesn't have to absorb a rich contract for very long if it blows up in their face.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's the only two it can be and not sure T.Jenkins is on that list but DJ has to be and deserves to be.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Jenkins has been a top 10 guard the past 2 years. After seeing what Carolina paid for their new guys, I’m sure he will command a big market. If he stays healthy and takes another step to becoming an elite Guard then I’d have no problem signing him to an extension.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Jenkins missing time this past season was as Flukey as it gets. A very random collision with Miles Garrett that resulted in a concussion.

He doesn't have a real concussion history and his back held up all season with no issues. I think they'll let him play out the year but I wouldn't be shocked if he plays a full season. The back injury (since he had the procedure) seems to be a non issue. Which is what hampered his first few seasons.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He best not waste the clean slate that he spent his reputation to achieve.

Polez is the man. Every GM of the Bears had the ONE DRAFT

For Jerry Angelo it was the 2003 draft, got himself Grossman (superbowl starting qb), Lance Briggs 6x pro bowl and the best db in bears history, Peanut Tillman. Also landed Wade and Gage in latter rounds who contributed on special teams and depth.

For Jim Finks it was the 1983 draft, duh (no explanation needed)

For Ryan Polez it is the Carolina Panthers trade. Polez is in line to match the 1983 draft boyz and perhaps finally resolve the qb position of which no gm in bears history could do.

#woah
Panthers got...1. QB, Bryce Young (5'9)

Bears got...
1. Caleb Williams
2. DJ Moore
3. 4th round pick this draft
4. Darnell Wright
5. Tyrique Stevenson
6. 2025 second round pick

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:

Hey man, although I would love to extend DJ, I just don’t know if Poles would spend big money on both DJ and Keenan, who was traded because he refused to take a pay cut from the Chargers. During an interview last week, Keenan seems to expect premium money after this season.

It’s why I expected Poles to draft a blue chipper at WR that would be locked in on a rookie contract this year, which would allow an extension for DJ, but he traded for Keenan instead.

Don’t forget we have Brisker and Gordon coming up for extensions within the next couple years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jenkins has been a top 10 guard the past 2 years. After seeing what Carolina paid for their new guys, I’m sure he will command a big market. If he stays healthy and takes another step to becoming an elite Guard then I’d have no problem signing him to an extension.
If he can stay healthy and take another step towards elite then i think we all would want him re-signed. I'm a big fan of Jenkins and think we've messed with him a lot with moving him around and the whole BS with them not playing him because he wasn't practicing hard enough on Wednesday's.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hey man, although I would love to extend DJ, I just don’t know if Poles would spend big money on both DJ and Keenan, who was traded because he refused to take a pay cut from the Chargers. During an interview last week, Keenan seems to expect premium money after this season.

It’s why I expected Poles to draft a blue chipper at WR that would be locked in on a rookie contract this year, which would allow an extension for DJ, but he traded for Keenan instead.

Don’t forget we have Brisker and Gordon coming up for extensions within the next couple years.

Two more years under contract.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I want T. Jenks if he stay healthy and play elite