★☆★☆★ NFC Championship: Seahawks vs. 49ers ★☆★☆★

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
AJ is much taller than Sam Shields while Sherman is just as tall or taller than Crabtree. The ball hit Jeffery in his hands while Kaep's pass didn't even get near Crabtree

The bold is why you don't throw that ball in the first place. It requires a perfect throw over a 6-3 All World CB. Just like 6-3 Kam Chancellor picked off CK1 earlier on in the game when CK1 tried to throw it over him to the sidelines then on the last drive he threw pretty much the exact same pass but this time it was completed because he threw it over a 5-11 CB.

As for the Cutler throw, again it was an average jump ball. AJ got his hands on it but it should have been thrown to his back shoulder. Again none of which means it is a bad pass. Nor was that play a bad decision because it was 3rd and 17 unlike today where CK1 taking that chance when they had the ball with 2 timeouts at the 20 against a 6-3 All World CB is just dumb.

The thing I was comparing is that you can throw a less than great pass without it being awful. Neither throw was awful. Against a different CB, a different situation, and with Crabtree coming back to the ball, it may have ended different. The problem is it was against a 6-3 CB, on a down when they could have lived for another day, and Crabtree didn't necessarily adjust to the ball as well as guy like AJ does.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think many people were aware of some of the things Jordan did until after the fact, or at least I wasn't aware of them.

And now that I am aware it has negatively affected my view on him.

Agree or disagree, Sherman's antics take away from how great a player he is and he consistently does things like this.

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong for wanting some level of sportsmanship and respect back in the game, especially after the final whistle.

I have no doubt that these guys say a lot worse things on the field to each other, but don't bring that crap to the camera.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I agree a lot of general fans weren't but I think that was due to willful ignorance. There was enough stuff flying around but the media that loved him just ignored it and fans were content for them to do so. Shit I was hearing stuff about Jordan in the Caribbean in High School.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I agree a lot of general fans weren't but I think that was due to willful ignorance. There was enough stuff flying around but the media that loved him just ignored it and fans were content for them to do so. Shit I was hearing stuff about Jordan in the Caribbean in High School.

LMAO, you are so, unbelievably, full of shit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LMAO, you are so, unbelievably, full of shit.

Nope, he used to vacation in the Caribbean all the time and you always heard stories of the shit he pulled including his long time affair with Vanessa Williams. As the story goes that's how Rick Fox who later married her met her as Jordan allegedly used to tell his wife Williams was Fox's girlfriend. Fox and Jordan being cool owing to the UNC connection.

When I went to UNC, there were also plenty of stories about him as well. People just didn't care because he won so he got a pass.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When have I ever said a ball that hit a WR in the hands was a bad pass by Jay? I think you are confused. I am saying the same thing about CK1's pass that I said about Cutler's pass on 3rd and 17 that AJ didn't catch. I said it was not a great pass nor was it a bad pass. The pass should have been thrown on AJ's back shoulder so that the only guy that could make the play is the AJ just like CK1 should have thrown the pass deeper so that only Crabtree could make the play.

So I am using the same standard. Neither pass was great or ideal and neither pass was bad. The QB in both instances could have made the play easier for their WR. Furthermore, I am making the same criticism of CK1 that I make of Cutler. Taking chances when he doesn't have to. My issue with CK1 on the play is you don't take that chance. Sherman is an all world CB who plays the ball like a WR. It is simply not a good time to take that chance when you can live for another down.

Again you guys seem to act like if a pass is not perfect, it automatically makes it bad as if there isn't something in between those extremes. Or more precisely, it's automatically bad unless you like the person throwing it.
Quite the opposite. I just said one on one is open in my book and I like guys trying to make plays. I don't vary, you do. Check the other thread, I'm one of the few that didn't put all the blame on Kaep. Pretty obvious to me that the 49ers running game was their biggest downfall. You're great at changing others meanings while rotating your own. Here you go.

[I]Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
Yes overall AJ had a bad game but on that play, the ball placement contributed to the play not being made. Most of the time if that pass misses it should miss by sailing out of bounds because you want the ball thrown on the back shoulder towards the sidelines not towards the middle of the field.

When you look at the video, the minute Shields turns around, he can easily pick up where the ball is because the ball is thrown to the middle of the field. It is AJ who has to cut across Shields to try and get in front of him to make a play. A proper throw would be on the back shoulder so when Shields turns to the middle of the field like every CB would, it is harder from him to pick up the ball because it is turn away from where he is turning. Furthermore, even if he picks it up, he would then have to be the one to try and cut in front of AJ because it is on AJ's back shoulder and so AJ is the one who has the position to shield Shields away from the ball.[/I]

You also blamed a pick six that went right through Alshon's hands on Cutler and 'ball placement". You're an amazing hypocrite. What's scary is that you may not even be aware of it, rationalizing any opinion with minutia to infinitude. Now passes need to be perfect and that was just a drop, not a pick. You were on Jay for a the GB loss in a game with no picks (other than the Hail Mary on the last play), no picks, drops and over a 100 rating. You have to gall to accuse others of this;

"Again you guys seem to act like if a pass is not perfect, it automatically makes it bad as if there isn't something in between those extremes. Or more precisely, it's automatically bad unless you like the person throwing it."

when no one displays it better that you. Are you really this delusional or is this guided trolling?

You've been a big Jay critic and that's your right but fuck, Kaep threw a 56 rating. Cutler's worst game this season which he absolutely sucked in, (I started a Cutler sucked thread) was a 66.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreeance. I'm not sure it's bias, I think it's less sinister. I think it's a combination of inept officiating and too many 'grey area' rules.

Let's be honest folks, it's a complete fucking mess.

I've watched years and years of football. We always bitch about missed holds and such, but I don't recall seeing such pathetic and most important - GAME CHANGING - officiating as we are seeing now. It happens multiple times in multiple games each week and it's change the outcome of games.

These things even out over a tear but maybe they should allow red flags on any play in the playoffs. SF kinda got boned this game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Quite the opposite. I just said one on one is open in my book and I like guys trying to make plays. I don't vary, you do. Check the other thread, I'm one of the few that didn't put all the blame on Kaep. Pretty obvious to me that the 49ers running game was their biggest downfall. You're great at changing others meanings while rotating your own. Here you go.

[I]Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
Yes overall AJ had a bad game but on that play, the ball placement contributed to the play not being made. Most of the time if that pass misses it should miss by sailing out of bounds because you want the ball thrown on the back shoulder towards the sidelines not towards the middle of the field.

When you look at the video, the minute Shields turns around, he can easily pick up where the ball is because the ball is thrown to the middle of the field. It is AJ who has to cut across Shields to try and get in front of him to make a play. A proper throw would be on the back shoulder so when Shields turns to the middle of the field like every CB would, it is harder from him to pick up the ball because it is turn away from where he is turning. Furthermore, even if he picks it up, he would then have to be the one to try and cut in front of AJ because it is on AJ's back shoulder and so AJ is the one who has the position to shield Shields away from the ball.[/I]

You also blamed a pick six that went right through Alshon's hands on Cutler and 'ball placement". You're an amazing hypocrite. What's scary is that you may not even be aware of it, rationalizing any opinion with minutia to infinitude. Now passes need to be perfect and that was just a drop, not a pick. You were on Jay for a the GB loss in a game with no picks (other than the Hail Mary on the last play), no picks, drops and over a 100 rating. You have to gall to accuse others of this;

"Again you guys seem to act like if a pass is not perfect, it automatically makes it bad as if there isn't something in between those extremes. Or more precisely, it's automatically bad unless you like the person throwing it."

when no one displays it better that you. Are you really this delusional or is this guided trolling?

You've been a big Jay critic and that's your right but fuck, Kaep threw a 56 rating. Cutler's worst game this season which he absolutely sucked in, (I started a Cutler sucked thread) was a 66.

Where do I say in the above that the ball was a bad throw? I said his ball placement could have been better and that it contributed to the play not being made but no where did I say it was a bad pass. That is exactly what I am saying here about CK1. It was not a great pass and because it was not a great pass it contributed to the play not being made. However, that does not mean it was a bad pass. Once again, you can have a great pass, a good pass, an average pass, a bad pass, or an atrocious pass. Use any identifiers you want. I am saying in both situations it was not a great ie perfect pass. However, it was average and not a bad pass.

As for the pick 6. If I recall I believe that was the play where Jay threw when there were 3 guys around Alshon. Yes it hit him in the hands but I thought I criticized him for throwing the ball in the first place with so many guys in the area because if 3 guys were around Alshon, it means someone else was open. That's the difference between he and McCown IMO. McCown would throw that ball to someone other than Alshon whereas Cutler will trust his arm and try and force it in there. Again, this is the exact same criticism I have of CK1. On that play in particular, he made a terrible decision to throw that ball against a 6-3 All World Corner. In his press conference he pretty much says he would take that match-up any day. That is just dumb. I am sure there were other people he could have potentially gone to on that play that were not matched up against Sherman. So my criticism here is about his decision making. You have to know the situation and whether it makes sense to take a chance like that.

So you are confused. No one is claiming CK1 played great. He was fucking terrible. No one is even trying to say he shouldn't be criticized on that play. The only thing we are arguing about is if CK1 deserves criticism for throwing a bad ball or if he deserves criticism for deciding to throw that ball at all. I am in the latter camp which somehow you have confused with my thinking he played great.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But it wasn't a bad throw. LOL
[video=youtube;kK62tfoCmuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK62tfoCmuQ[/video]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But it wasn't a bad throw. LOL

Nope it wasn't. It was an average throw. Unlike you I have more words in my vocabulary to judge a pass than great or bad.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was being facetious. It was an awful throw.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was being facetious. It was an awful throw.

I know you were hence my comment about having more words in my vocabulary to describe a pass other than some derivation of great or bad.