🏈🏈🏈OFFIFAIL🏈🏈🏈 2024 SEASON ALL AROUND THE NFL IGT (WEEK SEVEN)

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
all receivers drop a pass occasionally, go's with the territory
Again, this one was late in the 4th quarter while Falcons were trailing and seemed like it was their last shot. Then on the final fg tying drive in regulation, Cousins started it off with a completion to Mooney.

There are times that drops are inconsequential. There are times when they happen at the worst time. There are times a receiver may be blamed for dropping it but it was actually a difficult catch to make. There are times, like this, where the ball hits the receiver right in the chest. There's levels to dropped passes.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, this one was late in the 4th quarter while Falcons were trailing and seemed like it was their last shot. Then on the final fg tying drive in regulation, Cousins started it off with a completion to Mooney.

There are times that drops are inconsequential. There are times when they happen at the worst time. There are times a receiver may be blamed for dropping it but it was actually a difficult catch to make. There are times, like this, where the ball hits the receiver right in the chest. There's levels to dropped passes.

The series before that when he threw an interception it was intended for Mooney. So after the drop, he went back to Mooney still.

I'm not even sure Mooney saw the ball (maybe I'll change my tune with being able to see it a few times upon review). Cousins got the ball out way before Mooney made his break. By the time he turned around the ball was right there.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mooney is still the same Mid receiver he always was. Nothing has changed besides the QB. Good riddance to the whiny bitch

Canth

Liked Posts:
Receiving touchdowns, 2024:

Chicago: 3
Pittsburgh: 3
Darnell Mooney: 3

Maybe wait until after week 5 to do the stat comparison for Chicago and Pittsburgh when using Mooney's Week 5 game for your comparison.

Mooney only had 1 TD prior to last night.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
he's played 22 games in those 3 years, so it's more like a year and a half in games played, so your take is bullshit
You’re full of excuses for these Lions busts 😂

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
img_1_1728076568291.jpg
How the fuck did Flus lose to this guy

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's had a pretty good year so far.

he's not bad, he's always been a solid #2. Last year he looked like he was still hurt, and 2022 they tried to force him into the #1 role and he clearly could not handle that, then got hurt.

He's also got pretty shit hands for a guy who's first purchase was a jugs machine. I think he had 2 drops last night?

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FFS some whiny salty cunts. Mooney has a decent game and people come out to shit on him. Is he a number one wr? Absolutely not, but he's still a pretty decent/solid receiver. Probably would have kept him over Allen as far as things "are going now." Wish the dude the best.

The way some people pick and choose to give excuses is crazy and most of you don't even know your biases. I'd hate to work with a lot of you.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
FFS some whiny salty cunts. Mooney has a decent game and people come out to shit on him. Is he a number one wr? Absolutely not, but he's still a pretty decent/solid receiver. Probably would have kept him over Allen as far as things "are going now." Wish the dude the best.

The way some people pick and choose to give excuses is crazy and most of you don't even know your biases. I'd hate to work with a lot of you.
He’s just a guy.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darnell got paid and is making plays. Always a class act as a Bear and put up with a ton of shit at QB while playing for the Bears. A hell of a 5th round draft pick.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Agreed.

I’m happy for Mooney that he got out of this Chicago offensive rut and is doing well.

His hands are inconsistent but he can make some spectacular catches but also drop the easy ones. Such is how it is.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Darnell got paid and is making plays. Always a class act as a Bear and put up with a ton of shit at QB while playing for the Bears. A hell of a 5th round draft pick.
He wasn’t a class act when complaining about not getting the ball last year and then follows it up with dropping a GW TD catch against Cleveland.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn’t a class act when complaining about not getting the ball last year and then follows it up with dropping a GW TD catch against Cleveland.
Hard catch to make, but yes, he fucked up. Thank goodness, otherwise we wouldn't have Rome.

And eventually, after playing in the shit show known as Chicago, even the strongest men may crack. Overall, I believe the Bears got amazing value from that draft pick and he was an otherwise bright spot during some tumultuous times.