1 year starters: Trey Lance & Mitchell Trubisky

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Being a one year starter has its pros and cons but the difference i see between Lance and Trubisky is intelligence. Trubisky just doesn't have the mental altitude to be elite in this league.

Lance comes from an intelligent family. Background on his Dad...

"
Lance is co-owner of Hampton Ridge Financial, an equipment finance company he started with Nate Bourne. “We both worked at U.S. Bank together and we started the business 12 years ago. We have eight employees,” he said.

Lance has a business degree (marketing minor)"

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky is physically gifted but he always looks and sounds confused not saying he's stupid he'll be successful in life but he's not a Rodgers, or Manning.

He never seems like he enjoys being on the field he looks sad on the field,

AR-191109358.jpg&updated=201911070851&imageversion=Facebook&exactH=630&exactW=1200&exactfit=crop&noborder

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

greg23

Liked Posts:
Pass

Which means pace will trade multiple picks to get this guy

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm finding interviews and body language interesting in the QB prospect realm.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is physically gifted but he always looks and sounds confused not saying he's stupid he'll be successful in life but he's not a Rodgers, or Manning.

He never seems like he enjoys being on the field he looks sad on the field,

if i didn't know who mitch was and judged strictly on that interview, i'd think he is interviewing for the special olympics!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Meh I’m not seeing it

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
if i didn't know who mitch was and judged strictly on that interview, i'd think he is interviewing for the special olympics!

" Me myself" feels the same.

Bust

Liked Posts:
"i'd like to go to a big time school"

**settles for backup role at unc**

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This board is sleeping on Lance, man. He's really good. Or at the very least, can be really good. He's everything the NFL wants in a QB. Height, big body, huge arm, amazing mobility, and he's a baby in football terms. He'll still be 20 on draft day. Only 1 year starting, but 17 total starts which is more experience than Trubisky and Newton had. Hell, Kyle Trask will tie that number just this weekend and Fields is at only 17 starts right now. They'll only have a handful more games than he will going into the draft. Got a full scouting report on him if anyone cares, but he's still my QB3 over Zach Wilson, even if I think Wilson is a better fit for Nagy's Bears.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He went 3-2 as a starter in Chicago right before hurting his ankle and went on the have a elbow injury 'Tommy John Surgery' at the end of his career.
He beat Kurt Warner when he was quarterback of the giants

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This board is sleeping on Lance, man. He's really good. Or at the very least, can be really good. He's everything the NFL wants in a QB. Height, big body, huge arm, amazing mobility, and he's a baby in football terms. He'll still be 20 on draft day. Only 1 year starting, but 17 total starts which is more experience than Trubisky and Newton had. Hell, Kyle Trask will tie that number just this weekend and Fields is at only 17 starts right now. They'll only have a handful more games than he will going into the draft. Got a full scouting report on him if anyone cares, but he's still my QB3 over Zach Wilson, even if I think Wilson is a better fit for Nagy's Bears.

Plus Lance can read D. He only threw 0 INTS.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mitch, while having few STARTS actually played more snaps than your average QB drafted. Keep in mind he played a lot in reserve his Jr. year. But I guess not being on paper as a starter = no experience?

Does this also apply to Lance??? That I don't know. Point is, the knock on Mitch should NOT be his collegiate experience. It's his inability to read a full defense and know his options to execute at the NFL level. or trust his OL / run game, but that's on Nagy/Pace.

No matter who the Bears get, I'm gun shy until I see them actually develop a QB in my lifetime.