Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch, while having few STARTS actually played more snaps than your average QB drafted. Keep in mind he played a lot in reserve his Jr. year. But I guess not being on paper as a starter = no experience?

Does this also apply to Lance??? That I don't know. Point is, the knock on Mitch should NOT be his collegiate experience. It's his inability to read a full defense and know his options to execute at the NFL level. or trust his OL / run game, but that's on Nagy/Pace.

No matter who the Bears get, I'm gun shy until I see them actually develop a QB in my lifetime.
I like this because a coach needs to fit an o to his players abilities but Mitch does share some blame. Fact is that I see some QB that are considered great make really bad reads but they are still successful for other reasons. Jackson made one that would have me think he's blind yesterday.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Mitch, while having few STARTS actually played more snaps than your average QB drafted. Keep in mind he played a lot in reserve his Jr. year. But I guess not being on paper as a starter = no experience?

Does this also apply to Lance??? That I don't know. Point is, the knock on Mitch should NOT be his collegiate experience. It's his inability to read a full defense and know his options to execute at the NFL level. or trust his OL / run game, but that's on Nagy/Pace.

No matter who the Bears get, I'm gun shy until I see them actually develop a QB in my lifetime.

I don't have any issue with the lack of experience from anyone. I was just making that comment because that seems to be a reason people aren't sold on Lance.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I like this because a coach needs to fit an o to his players abilities but Mitch does share some blame. Fact is that I see some QB that are considered great make really bad reads but they are still successful for other reasons. Jackson made one that would have me think he's blind yesterday.

Every quarterback blows a read every now and then -- from Brady, to Manning, Brees to Mahomes -- they all occasionally miss a read during a season. That's part of the game. The problem with Mitch is he did it pretty much every game.

There is an old saying in football, "you can't teach speed". I would extend that -- extend that and say, "you can't teach intelligence". Either you have it or you don't. Mitch does not have it.

Now mind you, that does not mean that he cannot be successful in school or in life.... because there is really 2 types of intelligence:

1)
"preparation" intelligence -- where, for instance, you study for a test, and

2) "fast processing" intelligence where you process information super fast and make the correct decision --- this is the type of intelligence most closely aligned with athletic performance -- and this is the type of intelligence that Mitch does not have.... and you can't teach it into him. Either you have this, or you don't. Mitch is missing this.

It also shows in something more fine grained and subtle such Mitch's "deer stuck in highlights" look that you often see from him -- he is not processing the information quickly. And from his interviews (such the ones posted above) where he is struggling to process information "on the spot" quickly to answer questions posed to him. By extension we see all of those mental deficiencies come to life on the football field when the bullets start flying and he has trouble making the correct split second decision.

That said, Mitch will be fine. He has made his millions and I am sure that he is enjoying life. There are people to worry about in life -- and Mitch is not one of them.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This board is sleeping on Lance, man. He's really good. Or at the very least, can be really good. He's everything the NFL wants in a QB. Height, big body, huge arm, amazing mobility, and he's a baby in football terms. He'll still be 20 on draft day. Only 1 year starting, but 17 total starts which is more experience than Trubisky and Newton had. Hell, Kyle Trask will tie that number just this weekend and Fields is at only 17 starts right now. They'll only have a handful more games than he will going into the draft. Got a full scouting report on him if anyone cares, but he's still my QB3 over Zach Wilson, even if I think Wilson is a better fit for Nagy's Bears.

Curious if you still feel this way.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is a run first QB who is scared to run. If he was on another team, it would be sooo funny, instead of mortifying

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, still feel the same about every word, except I think Wilson is going to be my QB3 and Lance QB4. But both are top 10 prospects.

thats what I was meant Wilson or lance

mecha

Liked Posts:
I realize the real problem.

we didn't have Jon Gruden on a TV show to evaluate the quarterbacks coming into the league anymore.

cockdick.