12-15 runs tops

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Is a sound strategy this week. I am all for a balanced attack typically, but with the Jets D being so good against the run and our banged up line struggling to find it's groove, it's a sound strategy to pass much more. I would call a pass play every play and tell Jay to only check out if the D is giving us something. If not we should be able to move the ball quite well through the air. There is no need to run through a brick wall when you can climb over it!

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get Forte out on the edges as much as possible and I think we'll be fine running the ball. Forte is the best outside runner in the NFL.

This. If they try to run up the middle, they'll have to deal with Harrison, Wilkerson and Richardson. They also need to establish the pass early to set up the run game later on.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
What ever happened to the Jets player throwing the punch, against gb? No suspension?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Bears need to run our offense. We can't abandon the run before we even start. Maybe the Jets are so good against the run because they haven't face a back as good as Forte yet. It is only week 2.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am almost certain that the Jets are going to force the Bears to throw the ball.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am in agreement with modo. Really looking forward to those wco short throws to forte.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is a sound strategy this week. I am all for a balanced attack typically, but with the Jets D being so good against the run and our banged up line struggling to find it's groove, it's a sound strategy to pass much more. I would call a pass play every play and tell Jay to only check out if the D is giving us something. If not we should be able to move the ball quite well through the air. There is no need to run through a brick wall when you can climb over it!

Nope. The worst thing that a powerful offense can do is to concede anything to the defense in front of it. We have a powerful offensive line. I attack this defense hard and then use play-action to catch them in one-on-one coverage. I think that the offensive line wants to prove something to themselves and their opponents, namely that they can beat the defensive line all day long.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
you have to run eventually

Like the 33rd play of the game, back in 01 Trestman had Gannon come out slinging it against the Steelers and he threw it 30 something times in a row before they ran a running play... which happened to go for a long TD.

Reactions: WCL

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What ever happened to the Jets player throwing the punch, against gb? No suspension?

I guess its like the Tommie Harris situation from 2008, when he was ejected from the Bucs game for throwing a punch--but he was ejected early while Wilkerson was ejected much later in the game. No suspension was given to Harris

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Like the 33rd play of the game, back in 01 Trestman had Gannon come out slinging it against the Steelers and he threw it 30 something times in a row before they ran a running play... which happened to go for a long TD.

Good ol' wco

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Good ol' wco

Yep, and that's what I had visions of when Trest got the job. I think he's working towards it, getting everyone to the point where he is confident they can execute if he calls 30+ passes in a row.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree as soon as it works