Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Well that's a depressing story.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Hi,
I remember Butkus frantically waving to the side line for someone to come onto the field.
He was saying something, but I just remember that he realized that something bigger than the game was happening and he wanted someone to respond.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was 14 and remember it very well.

4a0e7c00db432ad81d4d5ca8dc69c20f.jpg

cobra302

Liked Posts:
I remember it. I was about 19 yrs old at the time. They were showing another game here, (Tennessee) but cut away to that game when this happened. They showed Butkus waving toward the sideline for help. Because the TV showed Butkus standing over Hughes, many assumed Butkus had hit him & caused his death. As a result, Butkus received hate mail, even death threats.

Da Bears Oregon

Liked Posts:

Age gives me perspective that the "younger" fans don't have at all. That's why I'm always amazed by how impatient fans are of the Bears and the players. I've "suffered" thru more seasons of failure than most have been alive and I'm not even one of the oldest members on here. I am a true fan and root for the team thru good times or bad. I want every player to be successful because he is on my team, not call for their head when they don't play well. I remember Bobby Douglas as QB....enough said!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Age gives me perspective that the "younger" fans don't have at all. That's why I'm always amazed by how impatient fans are of the Bears and the players. I've "suffered" thru more seasons of failure than most have been alive and I'm not even one of the oldest members on here. I am a true fan and root for the team thru good times or bad. I want every player to be successful because he is on my team, not call for their head when they don't play well. I remember Bobby Douglas as QB....enough said!

Totally get that.

And no offense meant with the "old" comments, I was just pulling your legs.

(not too hard, mind you. Wouldn't want to fracture anything ;) )

cobra302

Liked Posts:
As one old fart to another, may we all live to be a lot older than we are now. Think of the privilege we had: Seeing guys like Sayers & Butkus LIVE, not in some old highlight film pulled out of the archives. And yes, I remember Bobby Douglas--best tight end ever to play QB. Would like to see another Bears' Super Bowl win before I stop getting older, though!

Da Bears Oregon

Liked Posts:
Totally get that.

And no offense meant with the "old" comments, I was just pulling your legs.

(not too hard, mind you. Wouldn't want to fracture anything ;) )
Not one iota of offense taken. I have very thick skin and your comment was taken in the jest manner it was given.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Love hearing the insight of older fans. I'm a youngling and had just one taste of true Bears success in 2006. It's been rough sledding, but I would love to see just one Superbowl run in my lifetime.