1PM Conference call with George

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he announce that a President of Football operations will be hired in addition to the new HC/GM.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been involved in hiring coaches and GM's so he has been involved in the football side for years. Even if that's all he does..... it's been too much.

In the past, he's been involved with drafts too... Not sure if that's been the case recently.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Monty doesn’t need to say anything. He would have been drafted either way. He’s a solid football player that can have success with any organization.
True…but they did trade up for him which shows more faith. Pace pretty much has to trade up every draft no matter what or he would be sad and cry

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It would be too much to hope for some humility from George today, but it sure would be refreshing to hear him say he missed on his evaluation last year of Pace and Nagy and giving them another season was a poor decision. If he learned from it, how did he evaluate differently this time and what inputs did he have that led to the firing and helping find their replacements. When the media and your fans all saw what you couldn't 1 year ago in your coach and GM, coming out this year and simply proclaiming your next choices as some sort of wise move is going to come off as so tone deaf and not very confidence inspiring.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Teddy is stepping down in 2023 but will not have any say in the next GM and HC. This will be announced in the presser by George
We were told years ago he had no involvement in football decisions, and the bears recently announced he will "no longer have involvement in football decisions".

Did they forget their previous lie to us?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It would be too much to hope for some humility from George today, but it sure would be refreshing to hear him say he missed on his evaluation last year of Pace and Nagy and giving them another season was a poor decision. If he learned from it, how did he evaluate differently this time and what inputs did he have that led to the firing and helping find their replacements. When the media and your fans all saw what you couldn't 1 year ago in your coach and GM, coming out this year and simply proclaiming your next choices as some sort of wise move is going to come off as so tone deaf and not very confidence inspiring.
I want my team to make the right hire this time. It does me no good for them to speak the words "we made a mistake".

Doesn't firing the GM and HC say that?

I am far more interested in getting it right in the present than shaming someone for the past.

I'd much rather hear him say they sold the team.