2-6 at the Bye Week

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think 1-7 matters as long as the young guys are getting better. If were competitive and getting the young guys better then record won't matter. The future is bright. Not sure why Fox is the scrape goat here. He has this talent-less injured team playing above their heads. Could be the best coach we ever had. And yes he is average at best.

This. Nobody was bringing pitchforks & fire at the Cubs brass when they lost for a while during the rebuild. Somehow people think that the NFL can rebuild in 2 drafts when they started with tons of bloated handcuffed contracts. On top of that they expect a winning product this early on gamedays after the worst injury stats of any team before having any depth much less filling holes in the starting 22?!?

Jeebus some people just don't get cause & effect here.

Change for the sake of change is just ignorant and will keep this org from rebuilding.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
This team is bad. It's been bad for decades. I'm not sure what people are seeing that would make anyone believe it will not be bad for many more decades.

the QB throws for 400 yards, the RB goes for over 100 yards, but you still lose the game, why....

to stubborn to double team the only guy on the Colts that was killing you the entire game.

to stubborn to blitz like hell at a oline that is worse by miles than yours, instead you just have your dline guys dance with their oline guys until their pro bowl QB finds the guy you refuse to double team.

to stubborn to admit you made a mistake with Massey, instead you trot him out there to do what he does best, nothing.

to stubborn to admit you made a mistake with Barth, instead you trot him out there to do what he does best, miss FG's.

you wait for injuries to happen before you decide to put the best players on the field.

you trout out a TE that does what he does best, commit penalties, and you will trot him out there again next week to do the same thing.

you have 1st down at the Indy 30 with 2 min left in the game and 2 TO and you refuse to run the ball once, instead you throw 4 straight times, and if you did score right away that would have left your D to defend a 1 point lead while Indy would have had plenty of time left on the clock to kick another 50+ yard FG.

speaking of FG, you never once try to force a rush up the middle to hurry the kicker so he might just miss just one of those 50+ yard FG.

That is a capsule of what the Bears have been under every coach for the past 3 decades......what makes anyone think that is just going to go away by magic. Is it picking the #1 ipck in the 2017 draft? The GM has missed 2 times in two years with top 10 picks, next year all of a sudden he is going to be Mr. top notch GM and pick the super star....nice dream, but that is all it will be.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Fox and Pace both have 5 year contracts,you guy really need to stop with the getting rid of Fox,he's only been here like a year and a half.The team will get better.

Once The QB situation is solved in the offseason,the Bears will start being a perennial contender

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Once the QB position is resolved??? That's taken 40 fuckn years man you act like is a done deal

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I wonder if embarrassing loses to GB and Minnesota will piss off Virginia?

This is going to be an ugly entrance to the bye week.

Virginia is literally 106 years old. She doesn't even know her own name. I think George genuinely wants to win - he's spent a ton of money hiring/firing people.

But you have to do more than just want to win. You have to make good moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thinks Fox signed a 4 year deal.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this team will get better. They have literally no talent and have been void of talent for years. The only good players they had retired and there was absolutely no one there to replace them. The only reason cutler is here is his contract. I really do believe pace will make it a #1 priority to get a qb next year.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
unless they get the next manning under center this team will never reach the next level with fox... he is shit.

elway was sick the week leading up to the SB a few years back because of how little confidence he had in fox due to the team looking like shit in practice and fox not giving a damn. elway actually had to start trying to coach them up himself. and then to top it all off foxs response to failing to get the team over the hump was... "isnt winning the division enough?"

fuck that guy. that lack of discipline and drive is showing up on the field right now.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I said that the offense "was" incompetent. I have liked the play calling since Cutler came out.

3 or 4 receivers run routes on every play. One QB makes the right decisions and hits the open guy accurately. The other QB throws it to the other team.

The play calling hasn't changed.

The result of the play has.

All you have to do is watch the All-22 and you see the Dowell hasn't changed shit other than his QB...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
unless they get the next manning under center this team will never reach the next level with fox... he is shit.

We could have Peyton Manning in his prime playing for the Bears right now and half the fucktards on this site still wouldn't realize it and be clamoring for Jay.

mecha

Liked Posts:
We could have Peyton Manning in his prime playing for the Bears right now and half the fucktards on this site still wouldn't realize it and be clamoring for Jay.

that's seriously like 4 people.

2 of them are already off the bandwagon and are in the "I'm sick of hearing about it" class.

the vast majority of the site, Cutler fans or not, are done.

Peyton Manning in his prime would have retired about 12 years earlier than he did.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the Jags beat the colts, bears lost to the colts. And no way they are beating minny and green bay.

Well the Bears beat the Lions and the Lions just beat the Eagles... so that line of thinking doesn't always pan out.

That being said, I think the Jags have a very strong chance of beating the Bears. I think the Bears have a better chance of beating Green Bay than the Jags TBH. The Minnesota game won't be pretty for the Bears... no matter who is at QB, though Hoyer would probably fair better. He did lock onto Merideth too much at the end of yesterday's game though. I can understand it when Jeffery is being double teamed... but when he's 1v1, he has to be high on the list of reads.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Well the Bears beat the Lions and the Lions just beat the Eagles... so that line of thinking doesn't always pan out.

That being said, I think the Jags have a very strong chance of beating the Bears. I think the Bears have a better chance of beating Green Bay than the Jags TBH. The Minnesota game won't be pretty for the Bears... no matter who is at QB, though Hoyer would probably fair better. He did lock onto Merideth too much at the end of yesterday's game though. I can understand it when Jeffery is being double teamed... but when he's 1v1, he has to be high on the list of reads.

I'm hoping that's something they address when reviewing game footage. I think it's fair to say the offense has improved more and more since the Cowboys game. they get Jeffery in the mix more and maybe they score more points too.

it's good that Meredith showed up and Royal is reliable. and Miller's still alive. knock on wood.

defense has a lot to work on yet.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
They won't fire Fox midseason. The Bears are that type of organization. I would guess that even going 1-15 wouldn't get Fox fired.

Like it or not, I think Fox likely gets year 3 as well easily.

Fox isn't a top end coach, but he is a guy who should field a competitive team. He is a high floor, low ceiling type of coach. Which doesn't sound really exciting, but after the Trestman debacle the Bears needed a steadier captain of their ship.

The record this year is superfluous. They don't have enough talent to compete with good teams.

Year 3 is the turning point. If Bears can play .500 or better, and look competitive against good teams, Fox gets year 4 to get the team to the playoffs. I would think
it takes at least 7-8 wins in 2017 for Fox to prove he can build a team.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
defense has a lot to work on yet.

I agree Mecha, and I expected better on defense this year. But the injuries on defense are horrendous. I am not a Fox defender, but the team is down 2 starting OLBs, 2 starting CBs, starting NT, starting ILB.

Pass rush, while inconsistent, looked better yesterday than it had in a long time. They just couldn't cover anyone because they were so down on personnel.

Lets see if the Bears can keep us this pass rush and yesterday was not an anomaly. If so, the defense should be okay when they gets some experienced CBs back in the lineup. But if the pass rush regresses to games 1-3 performances, it will be ugly.