2010 Chicago White Sox Draft Day Thread

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Can any of them join the club...tomorrow? ;)
I've heard Reed could be on the path that Storen took, as in that he could be up here by early next season.

Oh, and the Guillens are pissed about Ozney's draft selection.

I don't know why, Ozney was a steal, I've heard teams were considering him in the 4th round. He sure as hell can't be as bad as KW Jr.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
what position is he?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Im surprised that Reed is on the fast track, he wasn't even our 1st pick, hopefully he gets here soon!

MattAbbatacola12

Liked Posts:
the guillen family is really upset about ozney going in the 22nd round.. i'd imagine that tensions between KW and ozzie are rather high at this point.... This isn't the first time this year that kw has stuck it to the guillens ... in my honest opinon- the whole family.. all three boys.. are fun, hilarious, sweet guys and a blast to know... but between twitter and everything else- the whole guillen deal is getting out of hand.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
He will never play in the majors so who cares. Lol. Ozzie just shut up

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I agree, as surprising as it might sound I think Kenny actually likes Ozzie.

MattAbbatacola12

Liked Posts:
he doesnt like ozzie he just knows he doesnt hae another choice right now. they hate eachother.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
I think he will. It's been well known that they have some pretty tight tension going on lately and with us struggling, I just don't see how Ozzie can keep this job till the end of the season, it'd seem stupid to me that KW speaks change yet he doesn't want to fire the man that would lead it.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
if Ozzie is pissed he should take a look at us fans for what him and KW have put on the field and called them a team...jeez these 2 along with JR are worse than the 3 Stooges

MattAbbatacola12

Liked Posts:
I think he will. It's been well known that they have some pretty tight tension going on lately and with us struggling, I just don't see how Ozzie can keep this job till the end of the season, it'd seem stupid to me that KW speaks change yet he doesn't want to fire the man that would lead it.

KW can't fire Ozzie because Jerry won't let him. Kenny is literally being forced to let the guy who is working under him run the show like a drunken puppetmaster. Kenny needs to grow some balls and tell JR that while Jerry's so concerned about Kenny "lettting Ozzie manage" that Kenny needs to be allowed to do his job as well or he's stepping down.

How do you think this whole rotating DH thing happened this off-season despite Kenny being completely against it?

Both of them need to go but if i had to pick one to stay over the other it would be Kenny. If allowed to do his job correctly I think we could have a decent ballclub.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
KW can't fire Ozzie because Jerry won't let him. Kenny is literally being forced to let the guy who is working under him run the show like a drunken puppetmaster. Kenny needs to grow some balls and tell JR that while Jerry's so concerned about Kenny "lettting Ozzie manage" that Kenny needs to be allowed to do his job as well or he's stepping down.

How do you think this whole rotating DH thing happened this off-season despite Kenny being completely against it?

Both of them need to go but if i had to pick one to stay over the other it would be Kenny. If allowed to do his job correctly I think we could have a decent ballclub.

Can them both promote Hahn so we can finally get someone that really understands the game making the decisions. Though I think promoting KW to some glorified non-GM position would work just as well.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
I woujld like them to be canned as well although KW has more respect from me baseball wise than Ozzie. Ozzie's routine has run its course and its time for him to move on.