2011 Draft, Bears Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre

Liked Posts:
Ok first off I don't see us wasting our frist round pick on a O linemen. This isn't that great of a class of O linemen, but a great class of top WR. I see us going after a big play, not a #1 that so many want WR. Round 2 & 3 and maybe a later round pick will go to O linemen and then the moving on to the defesive side of the ball. There is no reason especially after this years draft to pick a QB in this draft, it would only turn out to to be another wasted pick.

There are several offensive linemen worthy of being taken in the first round. I like our receivers - we don't have a top deep threat, but we have a good corps of young pass catchers who can thrive if we give Cutler more time to throw. The offensive line is the #1 priority this draft.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
QB of any kind is well out of the question. Locker is not a great prospect anyway. There has statics looked back over the past 20 years one key stat all the successful QBs have had in the modern era is at least 1 season in college over 60% competition percentage. Bret Favre is the only one without having that, and that just happens to fit the INT machine don't it?

O-line is key but going multiple O-linemen EARLY is badd and foolish. Not many teams these days have success with multiple pure rookie players starting. Look at San Fran, Buffalo, Jacksonville last year and you see line struggles when trying to fit two new boys in there.

A early center would be a great pickup, but there is few targets, a LT is possible but who knows how that will turn out, they likely will be in the mid-high 20s

Just remember Jerry Angelo is in charge of this time as of now still... you may likely see Lance Louis or Edwin Williams again, and their playing time wasn't awful but I can see them making the move for Edwin Williams being their center next year because they couldn't get their guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.