2011 Free Agents

Big Z

Byrd is the Word!
Liked Posts:
Jorge Cantu - to replace D-Lee at 1st

Javier Vazquez - to fit into the rotation, should be able to get him cheaper due to his bad year with the Yankees, has proven NL record.

Jason Frasor - a reliable arm for the struggling 'pen.

zwentland

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see maybe Jorge Cantu. He's only 28 now and he puts up solid numbers consistently. Also, He can play 1st or 3rd. Adrian Beltre would be great but I don't think that would happen. He's a great 3rd baseman and a great hitter. Cliff Lee would be a great addition in place for Lilly/Gorzo. No explanation needed bc hes Cliff Lee. I'd really like to see Guillermo Mota or Jon Rauch. A reliever and starter are definitely gunna be a necessity.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I'd prefer to have Cantu at first rather than Dunn. Jason Frasor in the 'pen.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I'd like to know why everyone has such a hard on for Dunn. Yeah he hits a lot of homers but his defense is terrible. I don't know the rest of his stats so I will wait for Lefty.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dunn strikes out a lot, hits well below average and plays shitty defense. He is a DH and that is where he should go.

CarlosSilva

Liked Posts:
Kevin Correia could be cheap. Also Cantu, Pena, and Adam LaRoche would be good options to play first base. Any chance Pujols leaves STL?

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I don't see Pujols leaving. Granted the money they are going to spend on him will cost them in the long run of signing free agents because they will have so much wrapped up in Pujols and Holliday.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They should get a 1B (lee or someone else) and then bullpen and Ted Lilly.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I'd prefer them to go after a different first baseman. Lee is getting up there in age and his refusal to seek help from Rudy this year is detrimental to the team at this point and he is only going to get worse with his growing age.