CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd pick up the option on the Bobcats pick (top 8 protected?) and draft Shabazz.

Mejex

Liked Posts:
Imo, we should draft a SG.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope would be perfect but he is probably going to be a lottery pick.
What about Hardaway Jr? Do you think he'd be a reach?

Tapatalk

I think if hardaway is there he would be a great fit. I would like a center but if hardaway is there i would want him

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Hardaway is a reach at 20. If we go center I hope we avoid Adams and Withey.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'd pick up the option on the Bobcats pick (top 8 protected?) and draft Shabazz.

Top 12 protected.
2014 - top 10
2015 - top 8
2016 - unprotected

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler is the shooting guard of the future. with hopefully nate robinson coming off the bench in the stackhouse role.

Teague is the perfect backup point.

We need to take chances on back-up bigs.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Butler is the shooting guard of the future. with hopefully nate robinson coming off the bench in the stackhouse role.

Butler is likely the SF of the future, not SG...Nate will not be back (kid's gonna get paid)...Teague actually will develop into a good back-up, imo. And yeah - we need to get some back-up bigs.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hoops report and Walter Football added. If you all know of any reputable mocks, let me know and I'll check 'em out. Thx.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

I like this

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seems like Shabazz's stock is falling...maybe even out of the lottery. Scouts are really not liking his attitude or something.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Well, then thibs is certainly not going to like his attitude. He is a steal at 20,though

Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i doubt he falls out of the lotto....draft is waaayy too weak...some lotto team will take a chance on him

although the further he falls the less we would have to give to move up if we wanted him

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
X -- I'll be posting my first mock draft on the home page either tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to link it up when I'm done. In the meantime, here's who I have the Bulls selecting, without going into much depth.

First-round selection (20th overall)

Kansas-Jeff-Withey-finds-new-motivation-FD17DJR9-x-large.jpg

Jeff Withey, senior, Kansas

Withey performed well when it counted most this year -- averaging 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks during the Big 12 Championship game and Kansas' two tournament games. He's a four-year guy who excels at the things Coach Thibs likes best -- defense, high basketball IQ, solid rebounding and the ability to finish around the rim. Withey has never been the sexiest prospect when it comes to centers, but his intangibles point to a long NBA career. Whoever drafts Withey knows what they're getting. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with that.

Second-round selection (50th overall)

724719.jpg

Carrick Felix, senior, Arizona State

Felix isn't a household name. Hell, most "college buffs" don't know who he is, but just like Withey, Felix fits the bill of what the Bulls are looking for in young players. When given increased playing time during his junior and senior seasons, Felix showed drastic improvement on both ends of the floor. He's an explosive leaper who can finish in traffic thanks to his above-average strength. He's also shown huge improvement as a set shooter, as his 37% field goal percentage from deep will attest to. He's also a vastly underrated on the defensive end and finished fifth in the nation among guards in rebounds per game. With the proper coaching, he could be an absolute steal. Defense, the ability to hit an open jumper and rebounding? Sounds like a Chicago Bull to me.

I've seen Felix play alot obviously and he is vastly underrated. Great streak shooter but seems to give up alot on plays or in games in general when team falls behind. His defense is very underrated as you pointed out. He also played for one of the most underrated coaches in America in college (Herb Sendek)

If the Bulls went Pac-12 with both their picks and got Allen Crabbe in the 1st and Solomon Hill or Carrick Felix in the 2nd I would be just fine with that.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
but he doesn't really strike me as a GarPax kind of guy...

yeah hes really not...i'd be surprised if they take anything other than a center

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
yeah hes really not...as i said i'd be surprised if they take anything other than a center

I agree. I am just saying I won't be mad if they take someone like Crabbe in the 1st round either

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Been really busy this week with work. I'll have my mock up tonight after I get home from the gym.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Shabazz will end up being a steal. With the right coach and around the right people I think he could be a superstar. His athleticism is off the charts, he can get to the basket, and he's a pretty good shooter at this stage. Needs to work on finishing and his defense but that will come in time. On top of all of that, rarely do you see someone, especially that young, want the ball in crunch time. I watched a few games where he would get pissed when he didn't get the ball in clutch time...I think that's an underrated attribute to someone's game. The only Ben Howland player I can remember in recent time that was as productive in his system as he was in the NBA was Kevin Love, most go on to have better NBA careers.