2013 Futures Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I turned on this year's Futures Game expecting to see Cub players everywhere with this great farm system Theo has built that will soon be hanging Championship Banners at Wrigley Field.

But the only Cub player I saw was Alcantara who was signed by *gasp* Jim Hendry without the benefit of an Academy in the DR. The horror!!!

At least I got to hear the dreamy voice of Keith Law give updates and scouting reports on the players.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I turned on this year's Futures Game expecting to see Cub players everywhere with this great farm system Theo has built that will soon be hanging Championship Banners at Wrigley Field.

But the only Cub player I saw was Alcantara who was signed by *gasp* Jim Hendry without the benefit of an Academy in the DR. The horror!!!

At least I got to hear the dreamy voice of Keith Law give updates and scouting reports on the players.

I realize you're only trying to start an argument, and I am helping you do so, but....

The Cub prospects are a year and a half or two away from MLB, and....
Alcantara homered in the game.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I realize you're only trying to start an argument, and I am helping you do so, but....

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, I changed the thread title to reflect the proper year, as we hope the Cubs actually have some prospects to send to the Futures Game in 2103 ;)

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

That is exactly the time frame this game is supposed to feature.

Both Correa and Buxton who were drafted last year were in the game.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
wow.. guess you havent been paying attention, or did know and just wanted to start your usual crap on here..

jorge soler made it but got hurt, so he couldnt play.. javier baez went down to a final FANS voting and was not voted in by the fans, he was beaten out by correa
take it any way you want but they(baseball people ) were saying that baez deserved to be there .. but he wasnt and we move on...

Correa beat out top Cubs prospect and first round pick Javier Baez, Rangers prospect Rougned Odor, Athetics prospect Renato Nunez, and Mariners prospect Ji-Man Choi for his right to represent the World Team.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
jorge soler made it but got hurt, so he couldnt play.. javier baez went down to a final FANS voting and was not voted in by the fans, he was beaten out by correa
take it any way you want but they(baseball people ) were saying that baez deserved to be there .. but he wasnt and we move on...

Could have.

Should have.

Maybe this.

Maybe that.

Weren't there, period.

By the way, Baez was a Hendry era draft pick that you are trying to shit all over in another thread.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could have.

Should have.

Maybe this.

Maybe that.

Weren't there, period.

By the way, Baez was a Hendry era draft pick that you are trying to shit all over in another thread.
:andruw: typical.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Could have.

Should have.

Maybe this.

Maybe that.

Weren't there, period.

ok... we can move on now off of this useless thread that provided nothing of interest to anyone but yourself

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

rolling-eyes-gif-400.gif

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
ok... we can move on now off of this useless thread that provided nothing of interest to anyone but yourself

Translation.....

I have no facts to support my continued belief that Theo is stocking the farm system with championship caliber talent so I will move on to another thread that I can continue my unsubstantiated ramblings.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

stop feeding the troll. His attempts are amusing though. :homer:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Translation.....

I have no facts to support my continued belief that Theo is stocking the farm system with championship caliber talent so I will move on to another thread that I can continue my unsubstantiated ramblings.

Translation --

Instead of actually talking about the topic you created the thread for (The Futures Game), you continue to showcase your five-tool ability, which I must admit is getting fairly impressive: an elite mouth-breather whose knowledge of baseball rivals the bag of yard waste I just dumped behind my house about an hour ago, an uncanny ability to find the cheapest lotion at Wal-Greens so you can quickly high-tail it back to your basement and crank out a few fresh ones while you wait for the newest episode of Storage Wars to come on, a guy who possesses enough rhetorical savvy to talk himself in circles, then completely forget what you intended to talk about, the plus-plus ability to multi-task -- pop zits with a toothpick, adjust blown-out elastic waistband on your jogging shorts and bury your left index finger in your nose while you try to fabricate some nonsensical argument with the other hand and extremely underrated hand-eye coordination, displayed by the rapid movement of your drool cup sliding across the desk as you attempt to hamstring the waterfall of drool spewing from your mouth. High ceiling even higher floor.

There was tons of young talent showcased on both sides of the ball. The "one Cubs prospect out of our "prized farm system" looked good in his at-bats, hit a home run, and looked fairly good in the field, yet you continue to talk about absolutely nothing. And you didn't even have to talk about Alcantara, there were several other interesting topics that could've stemmed into fruitful conversation. Here's hoping you'll one day forget your user name and password.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Translation --

Instead of actually talking about the topic you created the thread for (The Futures Game), you continue to showcase your five-tool ability, which I must admit is getting fairly impressive: an elite mouth-breather whose knowledge of baseball rivals the bag of yard waste I just dumped behind my house about an hour ago, an uncanny ability to find the cheapest lotion at Wal-Greens so you can quickly high-tail it back to your basement and crank out a few fresh ones while you wait for the newest episode of Storage Wars to come on, a guy who possesses enough rhetorical savvy to talk himself in circles, then completely forget what you intended to talk about, the plus-plus ability to multi-task -- pop zits with a toothpick, adjust blown-out elastic waistband on your jogging shorts and bury your left index finger in your nose while you try to fabricate some nonsensical argument with the other hand and extremely underrated hand-eye coordination, displayed by the rapid movement of your drool cup sliding across the desk as you attempt to hamstring the waterfall of drool spewing from your mouth. High ceiling even higher floor.

There was tons of young talent showcased on both sides of the ball. The "one Cubs prospect out of our "prized farm system" looked good in his at-bats, hit a home run, and looked fairly good in the field, yet you continue to talk about absolutely nothing. And you didn't even have to talk about Alcantara, there were several other interesting topics that could've stemmed into fruitful conversation. Here's hoping you'll one day forget your user name and password.

Hmmm. Let's recap shall we??

My post that started the thread was entirely about baseball and the game played today.

Your response was an elongated, run on sentence of a personal attacks.

Yet somehow you are contributing more to fruitful conversation??

Did I miss anything??

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

My post that started the thread was entirely about baseball and the game played today.

Did I miss anything??

The door on the way out.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
The door on the way out.

You have now commented 4 times in this thread without adding anything of significance to the conversation and crying about a lack of baseball content responding to a post entirely talking about baseball.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Did I miss anything??

Yeah, you missed that the only thing you pointed out was that one Cubs prospect played in the game. Congratulations, thanks for pointing out something that could've been discovered in the box score. Why not talk about what Alcantara accomplished in the game? Why not talk about any of the other prospects in the game? I'm contributing to a fruitful conversation by actually trying to get you and other board members to engage in talking about what they saw take place in a baseball game..... or was I mistaken? We are on a sports website dedicated to the Chicago Cubs, right?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Yeah, you missed that the only thing you pointed out was that one Cubs prospect played in the game.

Which is far more actual baseball content than you have contributed to the thread that you are complaining about a lack of baseball content in. lol.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I should've prefaced my post with this -- you did actually watch the game, right? Or did you just want to twiddle your thumbs and point out that Alcantara was the only Cubs representative in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.