2013 Futures Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Which is far more actual baseball content than you have contributed to the thread that you are complaining about a lack of baseball content in. lol.

Really?

....The "one Cubs prospect out of our "prized farm system" looked good in his at-bats, hit a home run, and looked fairly good in the field....

Please stop.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Sorry that I missed the one or two sentences of actual baseball talk after the 175 words or so of personal attacks.

I think it is very noteworthy that the Cubs farm system that is supposedly leading to the long term consistent success of the franchise managed to only field one player in the game and that player was from the previous management that supposedly left the system completely devoid of any talent at all.

Yeah Alcantara looked good.

But that has nothing to do with the now two seasons of wasted major league baseball that is supposedly moving this franchise forward but have yet to have any tangible improvements to the organization.

It is not unreasonable for fans to expect to see some results now a full season and a half and two full off-seasons into this brilliant plan.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sorry that I missed the one or two sentences of actual baseball talk after the 175 words or so of personal attacks.

I think it is very noteworthy that the Cubs farm system that is supposedly leading to the long term consistent success of the franchise managed to only field one player in the game and that player was from the previous management that supposedly left the system completely devoid of any talent at all.

Yeah Alcantara looked good.

But that has nothing to do with the now two seasons of wasted major league baseball that is supposedly moving this franchise forward but have yet to have any tangible improvements to the organization.

It is not unreasonable for fans to expect to see some results now a full season and a half and two full off-seasons into this brilliant plan.

Yet you totally neglect that Soler was left out of the game due to injury and Baez was left out because of a 'fan vote'. It's a moot point. And no "tangible" improvement? Even though the team's record is better than last year at the All-Star break? For a guy who always toots the "MLB TEAM RECORD IS ALL THAT MATTERS" schtick, that doesn't mean anything. Cool, nice to know that being contradictory is the key to appearing intelligent. Is the improvement small? Sure, they were 35-52 last year and 42-50 now. But the Cubs now have five top 50 prospects are are poised to add even more prospects at the deadline or begin to start filling out roster holes this offseason with free agents. I thought that's what you and your buddies were pining for? Or is that just another example of contradictory behavior?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing KB is unaware that MLB limits teams to a maximum of two representatives in the Futures Game.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing KB is unaware that MLB limits teams to a maximum of two representatives in the Futures Game.

Probably not. But we all know the point of his exercise was to try and destroy as many brain cells as humanly possible.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

whether he aware of anything or not, we all know what his only purpose on this site is.. seriously, what does it say about a poster who been kicked off of what 3 message boards.. not sure why he still on this one :shrug:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Yet you totally neglect that Soler was left out of the game due to injury and Baez was left out because of a 'fan vote'. It's a moot point.

I am not neglecting that.

You are neglecting the fact that Baez was not seen as good enough to be selected to the team in the first place.

And no "tangible" improvement? Even though the team's record is better than last year at the All-Star break? For a guy who always toots the "MLB TEAM RECORD IS ALL THAT MATTERS" schtick, that doesn't mean anything. Cool, nice to know that being contradictory is the key to appearing intelligent. Is the improvement small? Sure, they were 35-52 last year and 42-50 now.

Yes the record is better.

Kinda funny how the leaders of 'winning 80 games is useless unless you make the playoffs' are not leading the charge of how the slight improvement in record is a meaningful.

Yes the record is better, but fairly soon most of the players responsible for the slightly improved record will be gone. Feldman is already gone. Schierholz and Garza will likely be gone soon also. Soriano is an albatross and destroying the franchise.

But the Cubs now have five top 50 prospects are are poised to add even more prospects at the deadline or begin to start filling out roster holes this offseason with free agents. I thought that's what you and your buddies were pining for? Or is that just another example of contradictory behavior?

It has yet to be seen what kind of offseason moves will be made.

There will have to be some significant moves made just to replace what will likely end up being traded away to just stay even as one of the worst teams in the league.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Actually I was not.

Thanks for the info.

I spend more of my time following major league baseball and not lottery tickets.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
whether he aware of anything or not, we all know what his only purpose on this site is.. seriously, what does it say about a poster who been kicked off of what 3 message boards.. not sure why he still on this one :shrug:

Thanks for furthering the baseball discussion and not personally attacking posters.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I was not.

Thanks for the info.

I spend more of my time following major league baseball and not lottery tickets.

You're welcome. It clearly shows when the whole premise of the thread is flawed since you clearly were not aware of that fact.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I was not.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for furthering the baseball discussion and not personally attacking posters.

This just about sums up you as a poster.
Worthless.

Alcantara did good though, wish I caught the game but I stumbled on Justin Verlander shutting the Rangers out today and watched that.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am not neglecting that.

You are neglecting the fact that Baez was not seen as good enough to be selected to the team in the first place.

Or the fact that the other shortstop prospects for the World Team -- Xander Boegarts and Carlos Correa, are seen as superior prospects and were blocking him from making the team? Yet, fans and managers still thought highly enough of him to include him on the fan vote? Whoops.

Yes the record is better.

Kinda funny how the leaders of 'winning 80 games is useless unless you make the playoffs' are not leading the charge of how the slight improvement in record is a meaningful.

Yes the record is better, but fairly soon most of the players responsible for the slightly improved record will be gone. Feldman is already gone. Schierholz and Garza will likely be gone soon also. Soriano is an albatross and destroying the franchise.

It has yet to be seen what kind of offseason moves will be made.

There will have to be some significant moves made just to replace what will likely end up being traded away to just stay even as one of the worst teams in the league.

For a guy who always complains that the Cubs don't have enough building blocks at the major league level, you sure seem like you have man crushes on Schierholtz, Feldman and the rest of these "non-essential" players. Should we just go ahead and give Garza $120 million over six years so he doesn't leave? How about we quadruple what we're paying Schierholtz and hope he turns into the second coming of Mike Trout? Sounds like a plan! Sign me up, let's spend money so we can talk about spending money!

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This just about sums up you as a poster.
Worthless.

Alcantara did good though, wish I caught the game but I stumbled on Justin Verlander shutting the Rangers out today and watched that.

Alcantara looked good in his at-bats. Made great contact on a good pitch on that homerun and really smashed it. He was patient in taking pitches and worked the counts. It was nice seeing him get some reps against better competition. Hopefully the Cubs like what they see and give him a chance at AAA later this year. I highly doubt he'll get a shot at the majors until the end of next season.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're welcome. It clearly shows when the whole premise of the thread is flawed since you clearly were not aware of that fact.

:andruw:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Not really flawed that even with teams limited to two, the Cubs 'powerful' farm system still didn't field one player acquired by the new Genius Front Office.

And yet SD ended up with 3 players in the game, breaking the 2 player per organization rule.

Tampa and Seattle both had a third player selected to replace an injured player....

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really flawed that even with teams limited to two, the Cubs 'powerful' farm system still didn't field one player acquired by the new Genius Front Office.

And yet SD ended up with 3 players in the game, breaking the 2 player per organization rule.

Tampa and Seattle both had a third player selected to replace an injured player....

Soler? He was hurt and couldn't participate though. WOOPS

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
let's spend money so we can talk about spending money!

And yet not one person has ever suggested spending money just to spend money.

Let's talk about things that have actually been mentioned instead of hysterical overreactions.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being that this thread is now pointless, we're going to close it and let it die. Good day, gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.