2013 White Sox Team News And Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of rebuild, but being in between is worse. At least during a rebuild you know the team will be bad.

Plus, minors suck. Need a good draft this year

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I'm ready to blow this inevitable horseshit team up. Get it over with and I think that will happen. We have to have a good draft and need to suck and get a high pick next year, so we get a shot at a top stud player. Can't wait for a rebuild honestly. We'll suck but it'll be kind of exciting to have an actual direction. Just hope we make the right moves/decisions.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 hrs in the last week. 2 hrs total for white sox in the last week.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Via Rotoworld

Hector Santiago will start Sunday against the Athletics.

With Jake Peavy likely headed to the disabled list, Santiago will be promoted from the bullpen to make at least one start.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RV wont be around for a few. kid is graduating or some shit

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
addison reed should never close more than 3 in a row.

anastasia g

Liked Posts:
You don't think Gillaspie is working out? I agree we need someone a little more permanent there.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
White Sox Getting Calls On Veterans
By Steve Adams [June 21, 2013 at 1:42pm CST]
We learned earlier today that the Cubs are "open for business" and ready to sell, and it sounds like Chicago's other team may not be far behind. Jon Heyman of CBS Sports spoke with White Sox GM Rick Hahn recently, who confirmed that other teams have begun to express interest in his players:

"We are getting phone calls, and they will probably become a little bit more voluminous if we don't turn it around pretty quickly," White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said.
Heyman's sources indicate that Alex Rios and Alexei Ramirez will at least be discussed, with one rival general manager telling him that Rios will draw more interest. Rios,32, is owed $12.5MM in 2014, the final guaranteed year of his contract, though his deal contains a club option as well. Ramirez, 31, is controlled through 2015 and owed $9.5MM in 2014, $10MM in 2015 and has a $1MM buyout on his $10MM club option for 2016.

Heyman also speculates that names such as Jake Peavy, Jesse Crain, Matt Thornton, Matt Lindstrom and perhaps even Gordon Beckham will become available if the White Sox do indeed take the position of sellers this July. Crain, of course, is on a historic run, having fired 28 shutout innings over his past 28 appearances with a 37-to-7 K/BB ratio in that time.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Quintana is a good 4th starter. Danks can go also not that he has any value

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crazy promotions for food and tickets now. in reality, the prices are so good that i would consider going to a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.