2014 Bears Schedule

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Home Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Miami, NFC East* (Philly or Dallas)
Away Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina, New England, NY Jets, San Fran

No reason we shouldn't go at least 6-2 or 7-1 at home. And at least 4-4 on the road.
Since we have never beat Brady, I want to see us crush them. We won't beat SF on the road--when is the last time we won at SF? 85?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not even going to make a prediction. You don't know who will get hurt, who will blow up, regress etc but I do know that if Cutler will be back we will get more Cutler threads!

Darkman

Liked Posts:
go undefeated against the NFC

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have to see what happens to our defense.

If Conte, Wright and Anderson are open then I will predict nothing positive.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Go Eagles! I would much rather play Dallas than Philly. We have owned Dallas in recent history; philly just beat us by damn near 50.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
It's nice to see who's on the schedule but it's damn near impossible to make any judgements at this point.

Quick observations:
- It's good to get NO at home as opposed to having to go to NO.

- Having to go to NE and SF are incredibly tough

- There could be four or five teams going through coaching changes on our schedule so it depends on when we catch said teams

- I agree with those saying we want Phi to win so we get Dal at home again.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I really don't care about 2014 right now.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Home Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Miami, NFC East* (Philly or Dallas)
Away Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina, New England, NY Jets, San Fran

No reason we shouldn't go at least 6-2 or 7-1 at home. And at least 4-4 on the road.
Since we have never beat Brady, I want to see us crush them. We won't beat SF on the road--when is the last time we won at SF? 85?

Man, what the fuck happened to Atlanta this year? They were a super bowl favorite for a LOT of analysts.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Detroit would have won today, we would be playing at Arizona instead of at San Fran. Oh well

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Atlanta has a lot of holes to fill. Offensive line needs to rebuilt entirely. Tony G is gone so their wideouts aren't as dangerous. The defense has many, many holes. They have several free agents leaving. The salary cap won't give them much wiggle room and they lack depth at most positions. They will be better next year, but they won't be contenders. Maybe a 10 win team at best.

Chi Town

Kill the Pack! No Mercy!
Liked Posts:
It's extremely difficult to get excited about the 2014 season when this sad excuse for a franchise continues to get smacked around by it's rival and constantly miss the playoffs with another horrible season. The only excitement I will achieve out of the Bears is if they make the playoffs next season, until then there's nothing to celebrate....

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with others. You can't tell who is going to be a contender and who will be a bust next year. Including the Bears.

No one thought that Atlanta would be as bad as they are this year. They look weak for next year but who knows what rabbits can be pulled out of hats. Miami and Buffalo looked like they were a year away this year. Even the Jets have looked decent at times. If they can get anyone to play QB with something close to consistancy they might be dangerous.

Detroit will have a new head coach next year. This could be bad because this team is the most talented overal team in the NFCN. A trained monkey could get more out of this team. New England, Carolina and San Fran look scary but who knows. San Fran, despite finishing strong this year still has some weaknesses and might be exploitable. Kapernick has looked human. Carolina is strong defensively but still not all that great on offense and they need playmakers. Who the hell knows about New England, that team seems to win 12 games every year with bailing wire and cardboard. Bellichick is the MacGuyver of football.

And who knows what we will look like next year. We may not have a QB here next year, we will have to contend with a possibly weak front four, several high paid players that may or many not get cut and a bunch of draft picks to fill some serious holes, especially on defense. If we can just become middle of the road defensively we could dominate this division but that is using this years offense and projecting it onto next year. I don't know if that will happen.

rob923

Liked Posts:
Uhm, based on past years, I'm guessing either 8-8 or 9-7... Swept by Packers, Lions, split with Minny. Four more years until a new GM and coach ... and then they start all over again. Unfortunately, I'll be either dead in or in old folks' home (along with Forte) before the Bears make it back to the playoffs again...

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhm, based on past years, I'm guessing either 8-8 or 9-7... Swept by Packers, Lions, split with Minny. Four more years until a new GM and coach ... and then they start all over again. Unfortunately, I'll be either dead in or in old folks' home (along with Forte) before the Bears make it back to the playoffs again...

[video=youtube;tD4q3leE5Uw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4q3leE5Uw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4q3leE5Uw[/video]

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's nice to see who's on the schedule but it's damn near impossible to make any judgements at this point.

Quick observations:
- It's good to get NO at home as opposed to having to go to NO.

- Having to go to NE and SF are incredibly tough

- There could be four or five teams going through coaching changes on our schedule so it depends on when we catch said teams

- I agree with those saying we want Phi to win so we get Dal at home again.
Proceeds to make 4 judgements.

:andruw: