2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I can only think of one, that one that Cutler threw a little too high that Alshon still almost caught. I wouldn't really label that a dropped TD though.

It's sad that when the WR doesn't make an incredible play he considers that a drop.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Fucking Jeffrey and Marshall suck and make Cutler look bad in the process. Will there ever be a time when Cutler isn't surrounded by scrubs?

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
So, do you clowns still think Cutler is amazing?

This game was pathetic and this team is pathetic.

It's absolutely incredible how a team can play so much better in the first half and just completely fall apart in the second.

Let's go back to last week. Terrible INTs aside, Cutler had what should've been a TD to Jeffery in the 2nd quarter on that 1st and goal from the fucking half yard line. But he overthrew him and they ended up settling for a FG. Then he throws that pass to Bennett right before halftime. Was it a TD? Possibly? But in that situation it's endzone or bust. You don't roll the dice with a pass like that.

Then you have today where he just fell apart, specifically in the second half. Taking ridiculous sacks, a horrible pick and just overthrowing receivers.

I think I'm done supporting this fucking turd.

But feel free to defend him you fucking homers.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's absolutely incredible how a team can play so much better in the first half and just completely fall apart in the second.

Let's go back to last week. Terrible INTs aside, Cutler had what should've been a TD to Jeffery in the 2nd quarter on that 1st and goal from the fucking half yard line. But he overthrew him and they ended up settling for a FG. Then he throws that pass to Bennett right before halftime. Was it a TD? Possibly? But in that situation it's endzone or bust. You don't roll the dice with a pass like that.

Then you have today where he just fell apart, specifically in the second half. Taking ridiculous sacks, a horrible pick and just overthrowing receivers.

This is really SOOOOOOO FUNNY! Fucking turd. Fucking homers. This is a good quarterback for supposedly your team. What a profound individual you are.

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
This is really SOOOOOOO FUNNY! Fucking turd. Fucking homers. This is a good quarterback for supposedly your team. What a profound individual you are.

Oh, I apparently forgot that I'm supposed to blindly support EVERY player on "my" team. That's called being a homer, which I'm not. I call shit like it is.

Cutler had an AMAZING game on Sunday, no question about it. But let's see if he can show an ounce of consistency and have a similar game this week. I'm not saying he needs to throw for almost 400 yards and no picks, so please don't jump to that conclusion.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I apparently forgot that I'm supposed to blindly support EVERY player on "my" team. That's called being a homer, which I'm not. I call shit like it is.

Cutler had an AMAZING game on Sunday, no question about it. But let's see if he can show an ounce of consistency and have a similar game this week. I'm not saying he needs to throw for almost 400 yards and no picks, so please don't jump to that conclusion.

You do realize that you are the exact opposite of these so called "homers" right?

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
You do realize that you are the exact opposite of these so called "homers" right?

How's that? I support the Bears and they are "my" team but I don't pretend like every one of their players is the greatest thing since sliced bread. How exactly is that "the opposite of a homer"?

Please explain.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This post reeks of a person trying to support his team. It almost sounds like you are trying to pin the whole loss on him.

How's that? I support the Bears and they are "my" team but I don't pretend like every one of their players is the greatest thing since sliced bread. How exactly is that "the opposite of a homer"?

Please explain.

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
This post reeks of a person trying to support his team. It almost sounds like you are trying to pin the whole loss on him.

Again I'm confused? How is calling a player SHIT for playing like SHIT fully not supporting my team? Are you delusional?

I'll be more than happy to post pics of my man cave which is full of Bears shit I have collected over the years. Three of my four dogs are named after former Bears players. My vehicles are covered in Bears tag brackets, magnets, etc. But yeah, I don't support the team at all.

Supporting a team doesn't mean sucking every players' dick and being blind to their downfalls.

Is that your kid as your avatar? If so, he's god damn adorable.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again I'm confused? How is calling a player SHIT for playing like SHIT fully not supporting my team? Are you delusional?

I'll be more than happy to post pics of my man cave which is full of Bears shit I have collected over the years. Three of my four dogs are named after former Bears players. My vehicles are covered in Bears tag brackets, magnets, etc. But yeah, I don't support the team at all.

Supporting a team doesn't mean sucking every players' dick and being blind to their downfalls.

Is that your kid as your avatar? If so, he's god damn adorable.

You are entitled to your opinions, mine just differ.

And yes that is my kid, and thanks!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Good Jay showed up...lets hope he continues to show up and this wasn't just a guest appearance

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This shall be my new go-to response whenever someone tries to claim that obnoxious narrative that Cutler is "not a winner"

EvenShockedAmmonite.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Good Jay showed up...lets hope he continues to show up and this wasn't just a guest appearance

Fingers crossed, because that was up there with my favorite games that Jay Cutler has played in Chicago.

This forum is noticeably quieter when Cutler doesn't do thing that give all his detractors sufficient ammo.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I really can't recall a pass where I went...oh shit that was close.

And he dinked and dunked until there was an opportunity to throw it downfield. This is how you get a 8-10 YPA...not trying for the damn home run everytime. And of course...no turnovers.

This sort of performance is refreshing considering what I've seen most of his time in Chicago

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He is top 5 in yards and TDs with a TD/INT ratio greater than 2-1. He is playing well.

But agendas need to be made, and narratives need to be met

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He is top 5 in yards and TDs with a TD/INT ratio greater than 2-1. He is playing well.

But agendas need to be made, and narratives need to be met

I will say...Sunday's performance trumps the above stats:woot:

Let's just hope he keeps it up

There's a reason I call him The Heartbreaker

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will say...Sunday's performance trumps the above stats:woot:

Let's just hope he keeps it up

There's a reason I call him The Heartbreaker

You could call Kelly, Marino, and Tarkington the Heart Breakers as well.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You could call Kelly, Marino, and Tarkington the Heart Breakers as well.

I really wouldn't though...I didn't root for those teams