CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
35-0 doesnt = experienced coaching all the time. Best I can come up w/. I agree w/ both points you made.

Don't buy the experience factor with the coach. He's been in the tournament a few times. If anything call a timeout after the first free throw and tell them that shit.

mini ditka

Liked Posts:
I think it's unfortunate the matchups pretty much determined Witchita St. would go out early. A 1-seed is not supposed to have play Kentucky in the 2nd round.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it's unfortunate the matchups pretty much determined Witchita St. would go out early. A 1-seed is not supposed to have play Kentucky in the 2nd round.
Yeah to me the selection committee made a lot of weird things in that region. Louisville a 4 seed was just stupid...Kentucky and UMass should have been flipped

mini ditka

Liked Posts:
Yeah to me the selection committee made a lot of weird things in that region. Louisville a 4 seed was just stupid...Kentucky and UMass should have been flipped

What was strange is that I honestly do not remember there being much complaining about seeding in previous tournaments. It seemed like there was a lot more negative feedback with this current tournament.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Glad Creighton is done. Overrated 3 seed.....

Smoked by 30.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Glad Creighton is done. Overrated 3 seed.....

Smoked by 30.
I admit I knew little about them, but based on the numbers that were provided to me, I thought they would shoot their way into the Elite 8 given how bad Baylor was earlier this year and then Wisconsin lacks an offense. Didn't realize Creighton had no interior while Baylor has a ton, if I knew that, i would have picked Baylor.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I admit I knew little about them, but based on the numbers that were provided to me, I thought they would shoot their way into the Elite 8 given how bad Baylor was earlier this year and then Wisconsin lacks an offense. Didn't realize Creighton had no interior while Baylor has a ton, if I knew that, i would have picked Baylor.
Mr. Buffett smiles at this.

Creighton was all Dougie McBuckets. He'll prolly look good in a Bulls uni next year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What was strange is that I honestly do not remember there being much complaining about seeding in previous tournaments. It seemed like there was a lot more negative feedback with this current tournament.
Last year there was a lot of complaints about Oregon being a 12 seed. They promptly went on to win the first two rounds. I'm sure there were some other complaints, but I of course just said, yeah okay. This is the first year where I've said multiple teams are over seeded/under seeded.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mr. Buffett smiles at this.

Creighton was all Dougie McBuckets. He'll prolly look good in a Bulls uni next year.
lol, referencing perfect bracket...all I have to say is Mercer. :smug:

In any case, I knew Creighton was a one man show, but I've seen one man shows make the Elite 8 before (Stephen Curry). I just figured they could shoot themselves into the Elite 8 before losing to a vastly superior talented well rounded team.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
The ending of the Iowa St vs UNC game was terrible. Sucked all the excitement out of what was a good game by letting it end on a referee discussion.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As long as Roy Williams doesn't benefit from the discussion, I'm all for it.

Roy actually handled it VERY well. Got the news and immediately shook Fred Hoiberg's hand and moved on. He owned up to it being the teams mistake and not getting the TO in. It's a crappy situation because of the malfunction, but the rule was correct.

Could have been a lot worse, he could have gone full Jim Boeheim on the officials and NCAA.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jim Boeheim kind of got screwed by a questionable call at the end of a close game. It was the only time in Boeheim's career where he's been ejected...probably because he was unaccustomed to the officiating at Duke home games.

I don't understand what Roy Williams was "handling". His team screwed up. He could only have benefited from the malfunction...its not like the malfunction caused his team to screw up and then Roy magnanimously ignored it. Could you imagine the controversy had the officials allowed UNC to continue playing? It would be like the 1972 Olypmics all over again. I don't know what you expected Roy Williams to do in that situation...argue against the rules and throw a hissy fit? Not shake Hoiberg's hand? What a joke.

It's obvious you don't like Roy Williams, so whatever I say won't change your opinion.

The problem is, Roy was trying to call the timeout. As soon as Britt got the ball in Roy is calling for a timeout. The official nearest to the sideline didn't see it. From the replays I saw in the post game, even if the clock started on time he would have had the TO called. I'm saying, Roy could have flipped out like I'm guessing a majority of coaches would have or at least argued it...

However, they still shouldn't have blown the lead to lose the game. And a better decision should have been made.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So predictions for tonight?
Stanford vs Dayton
Wisconsin vs Baylor
Florida vs UCLA
Arizona vs San Diego St

Personally, I want Dayton, Baylor, Florida, Arizona.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Let's be honest in regards to UNC, if you've been paying attention to the news you know they aren't the smartest bunch.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's be honest in regards to UNC, if you've been paying attention to the news you know they aren't the smartest bunch.

Just Deadspin beating an old horse.

It happens at EVERY University, and will continue to happen as long as these schools keep bringing in the money.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There was a deleted post in here. For shame zack.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Roy actually handled it VERY well. Got the news and immediately shook Fred Hoiberg's hand and moved on. He owned up to it being the teams mistake and not getting the TO in. It's a crappy situation because of the malfunction, but the rule was correct.

Could have been a lot worse, he could have gone full Jim Boeheim on the officials and NCAA.
Or forgotten five of his players

LOL