CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bill Polian is very high on Fales, compares him to as good as the top QBs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Polian,Dilfer and McShay really like Fales pick

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I really like this pick of Fales. He I got to watch a few of his games this past year and liked him, of course I never pictured him as a bear. I wonder if they was gonna grab another QB, but when they started going off the board they decided to get Fales and get it overwith.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Well built (works hard in the weight room). Sets up cleanly and with balance. Nice play fake. Compact, three-quarters release with clean, quick arm action. Throws a clean spiral with good short-to-intermediate accuracy. Flashes touch. Confident and competitive. Tough and durable. Sparkling intangibles -- outstanding personal and football character. Leads vocally and by example and is universally respected. Intelligent, passionate, motivated football junkie who takes pride in his craft and puts the time in to improve.

WEAKNESSES
Lacks ideal height and has relatively small hands. Average foot athlete and escapability. Can improve maneuverability in the pocket. Not yet sophisticated with his eyes. Tends to stare down his primary. Arm strength is just functional -- struggles to drill velocity throws on a line and is not a natural deep thrower. Accuracy wanes downfield. Needs to improve against the blitz. Just a two-year starter.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 5-6

BOTTOM LINE
Burst onto the scene as a junior-college transfer in 2012 when he led the nation in completion percentage (72.5), executing a quarterback-friendly system and putting himself on the NFL radar. Concerns about his height and arm strength will limit his appeal, but at worst should be a quality backup in a precision-matchup system.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Alright it is now time folks to welcome a new LBer to the Bears.

Damn it Emery you gotta do this for me.

You owe me you bastard.

Nick80

Fales sounds like a Trestman like guy, he likes the nuts and bolts of the position. He is the next Josh McCown. Yeah, that's right, as a Limey I went there. Get in.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The good thing that helps a guy like Fales whose biggest weakness is the lack of a power arm is that he has huge targets to throw to. So his jump balls don't have to be perfect but just in the vicinity.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright it is now time folks to welcome a new LBer to the Bears.

Damn it Emery you gotta do this for me.

You owe me you bastard.

I don't think Emery's a bastard, but I agree that LB makes the most sense here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Briggs, Williams, Bostic, Greene and McClellin are on the roster, but they should keep six, so a spot is open.
Unless they have J.Senn as our 6th LBer??

winterwarz

u6utahuq.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's gonna be some good UDFA's available. I'm sure Emery is already working the phones.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
"But Jim Harbaugh, whose reputation for choosing and developing passers - some of them obscure at the time -- is well-earned, believes a local, less-heralded product deserves Top-5 ranking: San Jose State's David Fales. "I'm a big fan," Harbaugh said after watching Fales work out on Friday. "My personal evaluation of this (draft) class has David in the top five."

Fales completed 64 percent of his passes last season for nearly 4,200 yards. He had a memorable game in a shootout against Fresno State in which he completed 37 of 45 passes for 547 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions. It turns out 49ers general manager Trent Baalke attended that game, which was held only 11 miles south of the 49ers headquarters and its new stadium.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/04/harbaugh-calls-san-jose-states-fales-a-top-5-quarterback.html#storylink=cpy"

Reactions: WCL

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless they have J.Senn as our 6th LBer??

Yeah, but if they can find a ST contributor who has the potential to start later, they'd keep that guy over Senn who's purely a ST guy.