Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Whatever gets you thru things.
OK. Well I was going to be nice, but the number one issue with your poorly constructed theory is the idea that a player's baseline is 100%. This isn't Nintendo. It's real life.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
OK. Well I was going to be nice, but the number one issue with your poorly constructed theory is the idea that a player's baseline is 100%. This isn't Nintendo. It's real life.

Let's see if anyone can figure out what you are talking about.

No where did anyone mention a player can perform at 100%. The truth is that the player is the only one that can score or prevent runs

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
All the manager can do is provide optimal moves, but cannot add to a win at all.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Javier Baez went 2-for-4 with a 2B, RBI, R, BB, K on Sunday. Baez is 3-for-8 with 2B, BB, 1K in last 2 games #Cubs

Those are the games Maddon was at. Maybe he did relax! :elephant: For reals though, Baez is going through a timing change as well as a mentality change. He always want to be the hero. He always wants to hit the homerun. Maddon telling him to just relax is probably the simplest yet most correct thing to say to him. Baez need to just relax and let his once in a generation bat speed do the work.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Javier Baez went 2-for-4 with a 2B, RBI, R, BB, K on Sunday. Baez is 3-for-8 with 2B, BB, 1K in last 2 games #Cubs

Those are the games Maddon was at. Maybe he did relax! :elephant: For reals though, Baez is going through a timing change as well as a mentality change. He always want to be the hero. He always wants to hit the homerun. Maddon telling him to just relax is probably the simplest yet most correct thing to say to him. Baez need to just relax and let his once in a generation bat speed do the work.
This is the biggest takeaway I got from talking with a TB player this off-season. He said that Maddon has a way about him and will do things that takes pressure away from the players so they can just do their thing.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is the biggest takeaway I got from talking with a TB player this off-season. He said that Maddon has a way about him and will do things that takes pressure away from the players so they can just do their thing.

Weed, brah. Maddon has that loud.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Weed, brah. Maddon has that loud.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not taking the bait today on your poorly thought out theory. What is this? Groundhog's Day?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
But you're still responding...
I like Brett. I am not going to ignore him, but I am letting him know that I will not be engaging him any longer on a subject of which I feel he doesn't understand correctly and we won't be coming to agreement.

Last edited:

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
I like Brett. I am not going to ignore him, but I am letting him know that I will not be engaging him any longer on a subject of which I feel he doesn't understand correctly and we won't be coming to agreement.

But with brett, isn't that every subject? ;)

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You read a lot of my stuff for being on your ignore list

87c6f_ORIG-Al_bundy_ed_oneill_animated_gif_22.gif

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So, IOW, they don't rank him 3rd because the Cubs may move him off SS? LOL.