Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That's not the point. You can't rate a gm based on draft picks you think might be good. The only valid metric is wins and losses because that reflects the totality of his work including coaching hires, draft picks, FA signings. The bears record reflects his failings in all 3 of those categories.

I guess Theo and his brain trust were awful when the tore down and re-built the Cubs. What a bunch of losers!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Can't argue with a pace fanboy. No matter what facts you give them for his suckiness they will create a mythical version of him that has signed good players and made good draft picks. Who cares about wins and losses right. it's just a meaningless number. Why should pace's tenure here be defined by a number, right?

I appreciate what Pace is doing and the monumental job he took on when he was hired. I’ve read posts by you lamenting the loss of players like Marshall, Bennett and Forte. That alone tells me you don’t get it. Please don’t mention Jeffery either. He wanted out so you don’t put a second tag on a lackadaisical, one strike PED offender with a large history of soft tissue injuries.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
the fact that you think Pace is worse than Emery tells me all I need to know.

Emery is literally the reason the Bears are in this mess.
Angelo deserves a fair bit of credit too. All drafts before Ryan Pace got here and since 2007 have been straight dogshit.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
if i recall the 2015 draft class was pace using the scouts emery had in place and so I kinda give him a pass on that class, his 16 and 17 draft classes are looking good. Pace has def looked good when it came to the drafting portion of the job but by no means is pace doing well as a GM. The free agent classes he's brought in have been poor at best. The fox hiring whether it was pace that hired him or not, he is now under enormous pressure to get it right.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I think Phil Emery fails by default for giving Cutler that massive extension for doing nothing.

Angelo hasn't done anything since 2006. Angelo is the reason the team is as bad as it is.

I actually am on the opposite side and think Angelo was very underrated. He got hampered the last few years in the draft due to the Cutler trade (lost multiple draft picks). You have to at least give him credit for going for it, trade of Cutler, landing of Peppers in free agency. 2 NFC Championship games and Super Bowl appearance. I will take that.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Glennon signing was not a bad signing. One year prove it deal. Glennon didn't prove it so he is gone in the offseason. Would it have been better to sign him to the same contract but have the guaranteed money paid out in 3 equal installments? That's what Pace avoided for good reason. The cap hit is high but the Bears weren't in a position to sign any of the better free agents and had more money to spend than they could anyway.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The Glennon signing was awful. Others were bad because of injury issues. Most of the guys being brought in are making peanuts on short-term prove-it deals. Which signings were detrimental to the team besides the Glennon signing? Who should he have signed?

He should have franchised jeffry. Any good gm would have.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yesterday was a big day for Ryan Pace, huge day actually.

I think yesterday helped to prove just how bad this coaching job has been and how bad the personnel decisions that Fox makes on gameday are.

-Why were they afraid to let Mitch play?
-Why has Shaheen been in witness protection?
-Why was Cohen ever getting 6 touches a game?
-What the hell was with Kendall Wright playing 30% of snaps?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Glennon signing was not a bad signing. One year prove it deal. Glennon didn't prove it so he is gone in the offseason. Would it have been better to sign him to the same contract but have the guaranteed money paid out in 3 equal installments? That's what Pace avoided for good reason. The cap hit is high but the Bears weren't in a position to sign any of the better free agents and had more money to spend than they could anyway.

He couldn't have given his won bonafide number 1 wr jeffry a one year prove it deal. That's what he got in philly. And he proved it. Glennon proved he sucked.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He couldn't have given his won bonafide number 1 wr jeffry a one year prove it deal. That's what he got in philly. And he proved it. Glennon proved he sucked.

How do you know Jeffrey wasn't offered a better deal by the Bears?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont think any fan considered extending in cutler a mistake. He and mccown combined for the top ranked offense. You had to chose one. You either resign your qb you had for years or a journeymen. Pace on the other hand gave 18 mill to a guy no body wanted.

It's not the extension but how it was done. The fixed dollars and time made it a one trick pony type deal. With Glennon, it's not about the money but terms that can be extinguished after this year. We had and have the money to do whatever else we wanted and unlike the Cutler deal, did not need to choose and put all of our eggs in one basket. In terms of the teams future, both in terms of dollars and player movement, the situations are completely opposite of your take.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That's why he should have franchised him.

So a second franchise tag on a good, but not great, player who clearly doesn't want to be here?

Then he leaves after 2017 and the Bears are back at square one.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any good GM wouldn't have. Hence why Philly brought him in WAY under what he would've made under the tag. Post more.

And signs long term deal with Philly for the same amount Pace offered last year. WTF difference would it make if he was here for one more year until he split. Alpha bitches like crazy for paying Glennon a couple mil more than market but is willing to pay Alshon 4 mil extra for a 1 yr rental.

I'll repeat what I said at the time we actually tagged Jeffery. We should have transitioned him and prayed he signed a deal we could match. It was the only way to assure his services for a few years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why do people use one game as evidence that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Look at the totality of his tenure and its been pretty brutal. Compared with his previous two predecessors he is the worst.

No it hasn't. Pace has done very well in his drafts. The only one that wasn't really good was his first draft in 2015 but he was working with the Emery leftover scouts and still ended up with E.Goldman and A.Amos. If you wanna say his free agency has had ups and downs then that's fine but his drafts have been more than good.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can't argue with a pace fanboy. No matter what facts you give them for his suckiness they will create a mythical version of him that has signed good players and made good draft picks. Who cares about wins and losses right. it's just a meaningless number. Why should pace's tenure here be defined by a number, right?

And thank you for proving how clueless you really are...lol. Do you think teams should win when they're in a complete rebuild?? Do you not think Pace already knew going into this rebuild that they were gonna lose plenty of games? I know i did and any other fan that understands the game knows you're gonna lose when you tear a team down and start building it back up. So Pace hasn't signed and drafted good players? Hahahaha you're a clown and you just keep proving it over and over again. WE get it that you don't like R.Pace but damn you spew a shit ton of nonsense out of your mouth. lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
that's not the point. You can't rate a gm based on draft picks you think might be good. The only valid metric is wins and losses because that reflects the totality of his work including coaching hires, draft picks, fa signings. The bears record reflects his failings in all 3 of those categories.

rebuild...............rebuild.....should i say it again??

Rebuild