2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Mitchapalooza

In one of my leagues, I have to start 3 of the following: Baldwin, Julio, Hopkins, Thielen.

As of now I benched Baldwin, even though I have Russell (nice bubble). He seems to have the lowest floor and even though Julio has been iffy he faces TB. Who would you guys bench? Either way I should be in good shape.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Thomas does have three straight games with a TD, but that QB situation. Den/Oak have been such disappointments this season that it's hard to know what to expect. I'd be wary of Funchess with Olsen coming back. Newton is back to form though, and they haven't had much of a running game all season.

I thought about Olsen eating into Funchess' touches, but honestly, he was doing well before Benjamin left, so I don't think it's cause for alarm. He has a solid floor, with some definite upside depending on the matchup.

If Osweiler was playing, I would have said DT without hesitation. Osweiler isn't a good QB, but he loved throwing to DT. I don't trust Lynch until I've seen at least a game or two to get a feel for the tendencies.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
In one of my leagues, I have to start 3 of the following: Baldwin, Julio, Hopkins, Thielen.

As of now I benched Baldwin, even though I have Russell (nice bubble). He seems to have the lowest floor and even though Julio has been iffy he faces TB. Who would you guys bench? Either way I should be in good shape.

Only once has Hopkins failed to hit double digits. Savage is a bad QB, but knows enough to just throw it to Hopkins and hope for the best.

Baldwin should have a great game against SF. Then again, he could put up 4 points

Julio has been pretty subpar, but should get plenty of opportunities against a pretty sad Bucs team.

Thielen gets 50 targets a game it seems like.

Hopkins is going up against the second best pass defense in the league.

I would probably play Baldwin, Julio and Thielen. Baldwin over Hopkins not just for matchup, but because the Ravens and Texans should be a pretty low scoring game.

Could totally see going your way though, as Hopkins has had such a high floor this season.

Mitchapalooza

Only once has Hopkins failed to hit double digits. Savage is a bad QB, but knows enough to just throw it to Hopkins and hope for the best.

Baldwin should have a great game against SF. Then again, he could put up 4 points

Julio has been pretty subpar, but should get plenty of opportunities against a pretty sad Bucs team.

Thielen gets 50 targets a game it seems like.

Hopkins is going up against the second best pass defense in the league.

I would probably play Baldwin, Julio and Thielen. Baldwin over Hopkins not just for matchup, but because the Ravens and Texans should be a pretty low scoring game.

Could totally see going your way though, as Hopkins has had such a high floor this season.

Hopkins has been terrific this year while Baldwin has a lower floor. Either way I should be in good shape. Julio-Thielien-Hopkins it is....for now. Main reason I decided is because Hopkins just went up against Patrick Peterson and still did well, and I think he had another almost TD that game too.

thanks for the input.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Hopkins has been terrific this year while Baldwin has a lower floor. Either way I should be in good shape. Julio-Thielien-Hopkins it is....for now. Main reason I decided is because Hopkins just went up against Patrick Peterson and still did well, and I think he had another almost TD that game too.

thanks for the input.

Honestly, with your receivers, I might go the same way for the safer floor points. The other two should have good or better games, so even if Hopkins only had 10, that's not exactly a bad thing. You can't go wrong though with those receivers and the matchups you have for most.

That said, I do make safer plays as well. Last week I played Crowder over Marvin Jones. I knew there was a chance Jones would get behind one of our corners, but there was a much better chance that Crowder was going to get a ton of targets. I think I missed out on 5 points because of it, but still got double digits out of Crowder, so it wasn't bad (except I am trailing the point leader by right around 5 points lol).

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Picking up Latavius Murray off of waivers>>>>>>

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Picking up Latavius Murray off of waivers>>>>>>

How was he still there? I picked up Perine when Kelley went down. Someone had just dropped him. If he can get 13 -18 a week like he's done the past two weeks, I'm pretty set. Could actually save my season. I'm hanging on by a thread.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
How was he still there? I picked up Perine when Kelley went down. Someone had just dropped him. If he can get 13 -18 a week like he's done the past two weeks, I'm pretty set. Could actually save my season. I'm hanging on by a thread.

Tried to grab him when Fat Rob went down, but was outbid. Don't need him, but would have been nice to have a starter getting plenty of carries as depth.

On the bright side, someone had cut Crowder, and he's been a pleasant surprise.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Tried to grab him when Fat Rob went down, but was outbid. Don't need him, but would have been nice to have a starter getting plenty of carries as depth.

On the bright side, someone had cut Crowder, and he's been a pleasant surprise.

Doug Martin has been the cause for my current losing streak. That, and bottom feeders scoring the most points of their season on me, but I still could've won if I got the production Brate & Martin were giving me earlier. Hopefully Olsen and Perine get the job done. A win this week with a loss by someone else will give me a playoff spot on points. I've got him by 50, and I'll probably outscore him again this week.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I snagged Greg Olsen in one league.... he is supposed to be returning from IR.

I will have him and Gronk.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I snagged Greg Olsen in one league.... he is supposed to be returning from IR.

I will have him and Gronk.

Held onto Olsen this entire time. Having a TE that can put up points tends to be an equalizer. My WRs are stacked. I got Landry, Thielen, Baldwin, & Cooper. Got McCoy & Stafford/Carr at QB. I just need Perine to be consistent and Olsen to play like Olsen.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Held onto Olsen this entire time. Having a TE that can put up points tends to be an equalizer. My WRs are stacked. I got Landry, Thielen, Baldwin, & Cooper. Got McCoy & Stafford/Carr at QB. I just need Perine to be consistent and Olsen to play like Olsen.

This league is weird.... 14 team league, and like 3 or 4 different times this year I snagged FAs I figured someone at the top of the waiver wire would snap up but they didn't.

I find better FAs in this 14 team league than I do in 10 or 12 team leagues lol

Except for QBs.... idk why but people horde QBs in this league.... luckily I have Newton and Mariota so I have been ok all year.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Doug Martin has been the cause for my current losing streak. That, and bottom feeders scoring the most points of their season on me, but I still could've won if I got the production Brate & Martin were giving me earlier. Hopefully Olsen and Perine get the job done. A win this week with a loss by someone else will give me a playoff spot on points. I've got him by 50, and I'll probably outscore him again this week.

Ahhh yes, good ole Dougie. He cost me 3 losses in 4 games. Glad to be off that ride for sure. Thankfully I never fell further than 2nd, and that was only on points. Hoping to make up the points ground this week (would have been easy had I played Jones).

Our Olsen owner held him the whole time. Works out well considering he had really terrible luck this year and what should have been a great team, turned into a disaster that will not make the playoffs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This league is weird.... 14 team league, and like 3 or 4 different times this year I snagged FAs I figured someone at the top of the waiver wire would snap up but they didn't.

I find better FAs in this 14 team league than I do in 10 or 12 team leagues lol

Except for QBs.... idk why but people horde QBs in this league.... luckily I have Newton and Mariota so I have been ok all year.

I don't know how I made it through the bye weeks holding onto Olsen and then picking up Josh Gordon. I was good with Fuller until Watson went down. Then Brate and Martin decide to have their downfall at that same time. I was struggling to put together lineups but pulled out a couple Ws before going on a 3 game losing streak. I was in third three weeks ago. I've tumbled to eighth.

My problem is that my team is maddenlingly inconsistent, and I seem to have horrible games where my opponent has slightly less horrible games. I've lost three games to teams scoring less than 80 points. I'm always in a close matchup. If my team does well, so does the opponent. Drives me nuts when you see other guys score 79 and win, but your team scores 79 and the opponent scores 83. Or you score 105 and your opponent scores 110 and he's in last place. Gets under my skin losing like that.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Would you guys plays Tevin Coleman v TB or Howard v Philly? PPR league. Devonte Freeman has been ruled out. Thank you. This has been my most frustrating season ever and it's a must win ha.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would you guys plays Tevin Coleman v TB or Howard v Philly? PPR league. Devonte Freeman has been ruled out. Thank you. This has been my most frustrating season ever and it's a must win ha.

Hope you played Coleman.

Mitchapalooza

Julio went ape shit for me. Kamara too in my other league. 8-4 in both now. Playing for the 2 seed in both next week. Very big week coming up. I want those byes.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Played Alex Smith over Big Ben for the second week in a row. Last week it didn't end up mattering, but this week it cost me a W. Sluts!