Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Good morning everyone.

I just got GamePass and I want to re-watch the entire Bears season. I am working on scouting tendencies for each game.

I got approached by my local HS football coach when he saw my reading material on football X's and O's.

I told him I am in NO way an expert on the X's and O's but he said he would love for me to come aboard and watch game film over the summer so I could be trained in scouting opponents and also the home team as well (looking for any routines that need to be changed up etc)

So,

1) Anyone that also has GamePass want to join me for film breakdowns and such?

2) I am using Pat Kirwan's book as a guide to keep score of the game log ( like scoring a baseball game but football wise). If any of you have suggestions or ideas for better ways to score/scout a game, that would be welcome and appreciated.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good morning everyone.

I just got GamePass and I want to re-watch the entire Bears season. I am working on scouting tendencies for each game.

I got approached by my local HS football coach when he saw my reading material on football X's and O's.

I told him I am in NO way an expert on the X's and O's but he said he would love for me to come aboard and watch game film over the summer so I could be trained in scouting opponents and also the home team as well (looking for any routines that need to be changed up etc)

So,

1) Anyone that also has GamePass want to join me for film breakdowns and such?

2) I am using Pat Kirwan's book as a guide to keep score of the game log ( like scoring a baseball game but football wise). If any of you have suggestions or ideas for better ways to score/scout a game, that would be welcome and appreciated.

Looking forward to you giving an honest assessment of the kicking game as a whole. Most meatballs just want to blame Parkey and just give the long snapper and holder a pass.

Might I suggest the book "Upside Down Football" by Ted Kluck. Ty Frix (very respected in the longsnapping community) also wrote a great book called "The Art of Longsnapping".

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Looking forward to you giving an honest assessment of the kicking game as a whole. Most meatballs just want to blame Parkey and just give the long snapper and holder a pass.

Might I suggest the book "Upside Down Football" by Ted Kluck. Ty Frix (very respected in the longsnapping community) also wrote a great book called "The Art of Longsnapping".

Yeah I've seen you very vocal about long snapping. Never mind the Philly debacle. Parkey was bad all year long with a low 70- something percentage. Is it your position that Parkey's low percentage over the entire season was due to long snapping issues all year as well?

I am really only able (qualified) to report on if the holder had to move to catch the snap or not and if he placed it laces out, but I can report that and tally that for each game if you like.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'll rewatch last season....I really hope Parkey makes that kick the second time I watch it.
Someone had a thread here a couple of weeks ago that had a link to the kick and I accidentally watched it....I very nearly got sick. I simply can not watch it.

And for the record, the snap and hold looked just fine to me....

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Long snapping strategy has evolved, what they were doing 20 years ago looks remedial compared to the modern game. Stay current or risk irrelivance.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd rather bury tongue in Cardi B's asshole than re-watch the season opener against GB and the playoff game

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just find it odd you defaulted to CardiBs cave
Well, I was thinking about the Bears season and those two losses. Then I thought of the worst thing imaginable and realized I would rather do that than re-watch those games thus ending up at Cardi B's ass

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Patrick Manneley even blamed Parkey for the most of the misses

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather bury tongue in Cardi B's asshole than re-watch the season opener against GB and the playoff game

At least this time you could stop the game just before Fuller drops the pick or Parkey goes all Cody Parkey and lie to yourself for the rest of the day.

I do wonder if you get a better film breakdown watching a win or a loss. Is seeing what you are doing right or how it went so terribly wrong more valuable to the overall process? Is it just a wash?

I guess the OP will find out for us all. Looking forward to it!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I am actually pumped for Week 1 vs. GB.

The difference between those first two offensive drives and then the rest of the game for the offense. Offense fell off a sharp cliff in Week 1 and it was not by halves to my memory.

Was it Nagy? Was it GB DC? Was it Mitch staring at one receiver and missing wide open guys in other areas? I have no idea because I have only watched it once live and highlights on Youtube afterwards.

The actual story to me is unknown and it makes it feel more like an investigation that way.

If there is any game(s) that I dread, it would be the disasters in MIA and NYG ... they just seemed like wins the other team was willing to give us that we didn't take and the frustration factor in those games are going to be remarkably higher (for me anyway).

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At least this time you could stop the game just before Fuller drops the pick or Parkey goes all Cody Parkey and lie to yourself for the rest of the day.

I do wonder if you get a better film breakdown watching a win or a loss. Is seeing what you are doing right or how it went so terribly wrong more valuable to the overall process? Is it just a wash?

I guess the OP will find out for us all. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, Vu! I will be as clinical and professional as I can be, and I hope others with GamePass will join and chime in with any differences they can see like Adipost maybe? It seems like he has all-22, but all others will be welcomed.

I wish we could do it live together with beer and food catered by @HeHateMe