2018 early draft wants.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Well, except that last year the Bears drafted 4 of 5 offensive players. The year before that they drafted Whitehair and Howard, etc.

The strawman about always wanting to draft defensive players just isn't accurate. And we don't see the results of fans' alleged bias because fans aren't drafting.

As I said, my hope is that the Bears draft team will make good decisions and certainly not not follow the bias on this board.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
As I said, my hope is that the Bears draft team will make good decisions and certainly not not follow the bias on this board.

The board wants the Bears to draft the best players. This year the best players are mostly on defense. Stop with the strawmen. And tell us who the Bears should take on offense.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears have pretty much the worst offensive unit in the NFL. Their QB, for whom they traded multiple drafts choices away, needs a No. 1. No. 2, and No. 3 wide receiver. They need help on the offensive line which could collapse due to injury . They have no backup fulltime RB(not a speedy gimmick player) behind Jordan which means if he's injured the team is in deep trouble. Their defense, on the other hand, is not a disaster, and has had some very good games.

Yet, all you read in this thread is draft defense. One poster did point out that Cleveland mad a big mistake in not drafting Watson, illustrating that grading players is not a science. Everybody wants to trade down, which is fine except other teams are unlikely to give away draft choices if the top QBs are off the board.

So let's hope the Bears are more discerning than the "Always draft defense" posters here and prioritize the pathetic offense which is at the bottom of the league.

I don't know why you talk about Cleveland and Watson because the Browns owner wanted Trubisky. I never read a single thing about Watson. The owner was furious because he was given assurances that they would get Trubisky and didn't. That is why the GM was fired. The Browns' abysmal season and the fact they didn't get Mitch was too much for the owner to forgive. Even though many thought that Brown had been doing good at GM.

As for the whole focusing on defense thing going on here I pretty much agree that we should still be injecting a lot of talent onto the offense however you and I don't know yet what talent is going to be available in free agency nor how things shake out before the draft either. Far too much time to be speculating. So all I would even bother talking about are positions of need and leave it at that.

To that end I say we need help at WR, OL, OLB, ILB, and CB. Some might say we could stand to take a DL as well and you won't really get much fight from me there either because the drop off from Goldman and Hicks is huge. We are going to need a couple of wide receivers. Would be nice to get one veteran and one drafted receiver. We need at least in my estimation one inside linebacker and one outside linebacker. Offensive line is where I struggle to come up with something that makes sense. We are going to need a guard soon because I don't know how much longer Sitton is going to remain here and Long has been banged up. We could also stand to upgrade a tackle though too. I don't know if that means getting a rookie LT and moving Leno to RT or leaving Leno put and drafting a rookie RT. Frankly I don't give a shit if they draft a college LT and stick him at RT either or if they pick up a guy to groom at T to eventually replace Massie. I don't count on Freeman returning and even if he stays he's suspended 10 games and Tre can't stay healthy so we need an ILB. Clearly we also can't count on much of our OLB crowd so we need another guy there too. God knows whats going to happen with Fuller and Amukamara so we are likely going to need help at CB.

I've said it many times before, Pace is going to have a really fuckin rough free agency and draft this coming year. Tons of decisions to be made on who is signed, re-signed, released and drafted. Its going to be a hell of a minefield and to top it all off he's probably also going to be busy picking a new head coach. I wouldn't want to be Pace right now. He is probably going to lose years of his life with how much pressure and stress he's going to be under.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

There is no Bias within this thread with the posters talking draft. Many of us have been doing this for many years and are fairly decent at projecting draft position early in the year.

Nobody is saying don't take a WR in the top ten. What is being said is there isn't one worth it this year, which is true. The Bluechip talent in this class is small. The best Offensive player happens to play RB.

Open your eyes.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The board wants the Bears to draft the best players. This year the best players are mostly on defense. Stop with the strawmen. And tell us who the Bears should take on offense.

He won't, what he'll offer up is more tilting windmills and strawmen arguments. He did the same thing last week in another thread.

All of us wish there were more Bluechip Wrs this year. There just isn't. I'd kill for a AJ Green or Julio Jones. They don't come out often

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If rumors are true that Pace tried to trade for Jalen Ramsey in the draft it wouldn't surprise me to see Minkah being his guy. I'd personally like to see Chubb and hope that Anthony Miller is there at the top of the second.

You're the first one besides myself who has mentioned A.Miller. I love that kid and think he could be a really good one in the NFL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Chubb in the 1st would be ideal for me...and then an OT in the 2nd, WR in the 4th

Bring back Fuller, Prince, Meredith, Inman and some others

Sign Jarvis Landry and Davante Adams. It will cost a lot but the Bears need to ensure they have the right talent around Trubs. Both guys are still young and haven't hit their prime.

Offensive play makers: Howard, Cohen, Shaheen, Landry, Adams, Meredith, Inman to go with a stout offensive line and a new HC who can utilize weapons and develop Trubisky. Everyone of those guys are 28 and under.

If Meredith can come back healthy, the Bears go from the worst WR corp to one of the most talented and well rounded units in the league with Adams/Meredith/Landry/Inman/rookie/White

That would be great if they signed Adams and Landry but that would also be $20+ mil per to do it so i'm not sure Pace would do that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You're the first one besides myself who has mentioned A.Miller. I love that kid and think he could be a really good one in the NFL.
After watching this season, the Bears really need guys that can separate out of breaks. Other than Ridley and Christian Kirk, Miller is the best I've seen in this class. He has a lot of Doug Baldwin to his game and dare I say, poor man's Antonio Brown is his upside.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll take a crisp route runner over a burner any day. Jerry Rice wasn't fast at all but he was a legend at running routes to perfection and always pushed himself to be the best he could be.

But for the love of god give me a hands catcher. I can't take any more of this body catcher or stone hands shit anymore.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Miller: Super productive and a natural receiver. Will probably rise to the first round, especially if he excels at the combine.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Kirk is my pick in the second round. Great separation, threatens the top of the defense, good route runner, and a nice return man as well. I like Miller and would be happy to get him but I prefer Kirk.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My guy at WR is DJ Moore out of Maryland. Like pretty much every prospect I bring up early in the process, DJ is under the radar but I see him continually rising to 2nd round pick status where I want the Bears to take him. He has everything you look for. Good hands, route running, explosive speed and quickness, go up and get it ability on contested catches, and amazing YAC ability. He is a BEAST with the ball in the air and in his hands. To me, he is Dez Bryant meets Golden Tate with a little Percy Harvin. Check him out.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
My guy at WR is DJ Moore out of Maryland. Like pretty much every prospect I bring up early in the process, DJ is under the radar but I see him continually rising to 2nd round pick status where I want the Bears to take him. He has everything you look for. Good hands, route running, explosive speed and quickness, go up and get it ability on contested catches, and amazing YAC ability. He is a BEAST with the ball in the air and in his hands. To me, he is Dez Bryant meets Golden Tate with a little Percy Harvin. Check him out.

Your pro comp is a mix of 3 totally different players?

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Hope the good parts, and not the bad. Don't think we need an arrogant douche, whiner when things don't go his way, and gets injured if a defender looks at him funny type of WR....

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read this article about Minkah...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ck-has-nick-sabans-brain-in-an-nfl-stars-body

If this doesn't make you want to draft Minkah, I don't know what will.

Top 3 pick please Bears.

I have not watched Fitzpatrick yet. Is he a better CB prospect than Marshon Lattimore or a better safety prospect than Malik Hooker? Or is his value in the fact that he can play both positions extremely well? Asking because Lattimore was the epitome of a shutdown CB and then he ran a 4.36 40 but he didn’t even get drafted in the top 10. Same with Hooker, who had the best ball skills since Ed Reed.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

DJ Moore is a guy I have identified as a potential target if the Bears don't go WR in the 1st 2 rounds. He could be a Day 2 guy, because he's probably going to run in the low 4.4s and jump 36+ in the high jump, but the Bears will pick high enough in the 4th (and have 2 picks) so they can easily manuever to get him if they have to move up into the 3rd. Percy Harvin/Ty Montgomery are probably decent comps because he's got that RB type of build. But he's a pretty good route runner and is deadly after the catch as he has a pretty well put together lower body that is hard to get down in the open field by smaller DBs. Ideal slot WR.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
After watching this season, the Bears really need guys that can separate out of breaks. Other than Ridley and Christian Kirk, Miller is the best I've seen in this class. He has a lot of Doug Baldwin to his game and dare I say, poor man's Antonio Brown is his upside.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I really didn’t know anything about Miller until this season. He’s impressive and he just doesn’t rack up stats, he produces in big moments. His performance in the AAC championship game was outstanding and almost carried the Tigers to the title.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I have not watched Fitzpatrick yet. Is he a better CB prospect than Marshon Lattimore or a better safety prospect than Malik Hooker? Or is his value in the fact that he can play both positions extremely well? Asking because Lattimore was the epitome of a shutdown CB and then he ran a 4.36 40 but he didn’t even get drafted in the top 10. Same with Hooker, who had the best ball skills since Ed Reed.

I would say the last of those. He can play both very well. He's not a Lattimore type of CB that you can put on the other team's best WR all day. He's not a Hooker type of safety that plays single high and can range to both sidelines. I've seen him compared to Malcolm Jenkins, Tyrann Mathieu, and Patrick Peterson. Jenkins is a guy that probably could have played CB when he came out, but was put at FS. I think Fitzpatrick is a better overall prospect and definitely more likely to play CB. He's not going to be Peterson at CB though he does have a similar build, he's not quite that level of athlete. Mathieu is probably the best comp in that he has that type of versatility and ability to find the ball and make plays. A hybrid slot CB/Strong safety, can blitz off the slot, cover WRs or TEs, play some deep half in Cover 2. But he has a good 4" and 25lbs on Honey Badger, and I'd imagine he's a little faster.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

The greater point is he can do it all.

Maybe you can watch him and let us know who your comp would be.