2018 Fantasy Advice Thread

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
need lineup advice
i've got mixon and cohen as my RBs
sanders, boyd at WR
gronk TE
who at the flex?
michel vs bears, hyde vs bucs, lindsay vs cards
davis vs chargers, edelman vs bears,
engram vs falcons, kittle vs rams...

michel has been on a hot streak but i expect the bears to rebound against the run in a big way..(my homerism in full effect)

For me it's between Michel and Lindsay. The safe play would be Michel, he has turned into a must start and even with White, Michel is an RB1. But the Cards D is awful against the run, which would set Lindsay up for a huge game. If you don't like playing a lot of players from the same team than I would roll with Lindsay so you aren't stacking Gronk and Michel.

You could play Lindsay this week and based off of his performance slide Michel in over Cohen if Lindsay has a good game and you need a higher floor.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
For me it's between Michel and Lindsay. The safe play would be Michel, he has turned into a must start and even with White, Michel is an RB1. But the Cards D is awful against the run, which would set Lindsay up for a huge game. If you don't like playing a lot of players from the same team than I would roll with Lindsay so you aren't stacking Gronk and Michel.

You could play Lindsay this week and based off of his performance slide Michel in over Cohen if Lindsay has a good game and you need a higher floor.

im leaning toward lindsay as well but then i was thinking about engram assuming hes healthy..most likely the giants will be playing catch up to the falcons and will be throwing a ton so i figure engram will get plenty of volume...

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
im leaning toward lindsay as well but then i was thinking about engram assuming hes healthy..most likely the giants will be playing catch up to the falcons and will be throwing a ton so i figure engram will get plenty of volume...

not a bad option either, just don't trust any player on the Giants right now not named Barkley. I have Shepard in one lineup but byes and injuries may force me to play him...I picked up Kearse and am contemplating rolling with him over Shepard

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ebron or Gronk?

Hard to sit Gronk so long as he is healthy...could see him getting a lot of targets to get the ball out of Brady's hands and counter the pass rush. Ebron ain't a bad option, but with TY likely back he may see a decrease in targets

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ebron or Gronk?

Gronk - it's always Gronk. I'd try and offload Ebron if I were you. Or if you're comfortable with Ebron and worried about Gronk's health then offload him. Has to be a team in your league hurting at TE.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ebron has outperformed Gronk to date. Still tempted to trade Gronk, as I think he has a higher name recognition/trade value. Did not know Ty was back this week though, that makes a difference.

On that note, it looks like Theo Riddick might be out this week (knee). Not that anyone has him, but I did see a few that had K.Johnson on their roster, it looks like Johnson might get more touches this week, and be worthy of a flex play.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sterling Shepard or Gabriel?

Both #2 receivers. Shepard has gotten 7+ targets for the last few games. Gabriel has come out as a long play threat. Not PPR. Leaning towards Gabriel, but Shepard has a favorable matchup against Falcons secondary.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Both #2 receivers. Shepard has gotten 7+ targets for the last few games. Gabriel has come out as a long play threat. Not PPR. Leaning towards Gabriel, but Shepard has a favorable matchup against Falcons secondary.

I am in a similar situation. With Kupp out, need a WR because of Byes. Looking at Gabriel/C.Godwin (pairing him with Winston) or Agholor. If anyone has some thoughts on these guys that'd be cool. I also have Ridley but he's banged up and seems very boom/bust. Hard to trust.

Edit: If I were you I'd go Gabriel. Manning sucks.

Last edited:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Half point ppr, gotta start 1: Ito Smith, Dion Lewis, or Lamar Milla

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ebron or Gronk?

Gronk

Gabriel

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I would lean to Gabriel

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
half ppr and can play 2.

Which 2 do you play? Emmanuel Sanders vs Cardinals, Jordan Howard vs Pats, or Taylor Gabriel vs Pats?

Thanks for the feedback

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
half ppr and can play 2.

Which 2 do you play? Emmanuel Sanders vs Cardinals, Jordan Howard vs Pats, or Taylor Gabriel vs Pats?

Thanks for the feedback

Sanders and Gabriel

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gabriel or Chris Godwin? I'm playing Winston and it's a good matchup for them both, but I just don't know!

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Gabriel or Chris Godwin? I'm playing Winston and it's a good matchup for them both, but I just don't know!

I would go Gabriel, but it is a coin flip for me...I think Godwin will likely get you as much as Gabriel