2018 Fantasy Advice Thread

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
That's how I feel too. It's on Gronk. I probably make this trade too, I'm just saying as a non DJ owner, I'm looking to snatch him.

I agree, I tried to get DJ also because he is definitely worth the risk...but as a Kerryon owner, after these last couple weeks, I don't think I would trade him. Also the leagues I have him in are keeper leagues and Kerryon has a lot of value to me.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys have any good fantasy podcasts to listen to?

The Footballers is my favorite, they are entertaining and give great info. The FantasyPros podcast is also good. They give a lot of info and analysis. IMO those two podcasts have the most knowledgeable people on them.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I agree, I tried to get DJ also because he is definitely worth the risk...but as a Kerryon owner, after these last couple weeks, I don't think I would trade him. Also the leagues I have him in are keeper leagues and Kerryon has a lot of value to me.
I'm a fan of kerryon as well. Probably wouldn't have traded him either, especially after the Tate trade. Only problem is blount getting the red zone carries.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The Footballers is my favorite, they are entertaining and give great info. The FantasyPros podcast is also good. They give a lot of info and analysis. IMO those two podcasts have the most knowledgeable people on them.
I listen to those two. Footballers is certainly my favorite. I also listen to Harris, who is like listening to nails on a chalkboard, but does have good analysis. I'm not really a fan of his advice though because he's too conservative. Plus he likes to jerk himself off over how great he is, but he does watch the games. The others I listen to are basically just to pass the time at work. They don't really give me much. Just basic advice.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Off to a nice start with Kittle. My opponent is insanely stacked.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm in such a tough spot this week, I have to start Ito or Dion Lewis. Luckily, I am playing the worst team in the league this week. I think he's given up, he might not even set his lineup.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm in such a tough spot this week, I have to start Ito or Dion Lewis. Luckily, I am playing the worst team in the league this week. I think he's given up, he might not even set his lineup.

I hate that personally. I'd start Lewis. Just seems like he'll get more work. Both are going up against pretty tough defenses though.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I started Oakland's defense in a league.

Whoops.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Whoops.
You thought you were slick.

Never start the defense of a team that wants to lose, no matter how juicy the matchup. Let this be a lesson, sir

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Whoops.

I heard some pods talk about this, and basically all agreed it was a bad idea lol. I picked up Dallas for this week. I almost benched Kittle when I heard Mullens was starting, then I was like, why the fuck would I bench one of the best TEs in the league?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I heard some pods talk about this, and basically all agreed it was a bad idea lol. I picked up Dallas for this week. I almost benched Kittle when I heard Mullens was starting, then I was like, why the fuck would I bench one of the best TEs in the league?

Yeah streaming defenses this week sucks...don't have a ton of options out there in my one league and am rolling with Ten defense

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!! Cooper Kupp is good to go for Sunday

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah streaming defenses this week sucks...don't have a ton of options out there in my one league and am rolling with Ten defense
Dallas has the best ppg against in the nfc. I was shocked to hear this. They haven't allowed more than 24 points. I picked them up because I expect a low scoring game. I don't think they'll get many sacks or tos.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm thinking of trading Mahomes. Would you trade Mahomes/Cooks/Collins for Rodgers/OBJ? I think I can make that deal. My personal thinking is that Rodgers and OBJ have easier schedules (though I think Mahomes is matchup proof), I avoid two week 12 byes, and I also avoid the worry that both guys don't play in full in week 16. Plus OBJ is just an upgrade. I kind of hate giving up Collins though because of his schedule, but I have Aaron Jones/Zeke/Dalvin Cook, and Edelman probably stays in my flex. Thoughts?

Last edited:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am so damn proud of you
Tysm! With the shit show I have at wr, it's a relief to get Kupp back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm thinking of trading Mahomes. Would you trade Mahomes/Cooks/Collins for Rodgers/OBJ? I think I can make that deal. My personal thinking is that Rodgers and OBJ have easier schedules (though I think Mahomes is matchup proof), I avoid two week 12 byes, and I also avoid the worry that both guys don't play in full in week 16. Plus OBJ is just an upgrade. I kind of hate giving up Collins though because of his schedule, but I have Aaron Jones/Zeke/Dalvin Cook, and Edelman probably stays in my flex. Thoughts?
It's not a bad trade....you will lose out on the potentially of Mahomes having those ridiculous games but overall it's relatively even between Mahomes and Rodgers. OBJ is an upgrade to Cooks, don't like the offense OBJ is in, but he is pretty consistent. I would try to do the trade without Collins...if he wont do it or it gets vetoed than throw Collins in

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's not a bad trade....you will lose out on the potentially of Mahomes having those ridiculous games but overall it's relatively even between Mahomes and Rodgers. OBJ is an upgrade to Cooks, don't like the offense OBJ is in, but he is pretty consistent. I would try to do the trade without Collins...if he wont do it or it gets vetoed than throw Collins in

That's what I was thinking as well. Honestly, I don't think it matters because there's no way I get this trade to go through whether he accepts our not. Mahomes gives me such a great advantage, and Rodgers has the bears in week 15. Feels like bad juju. Maybe I could try cooks/Collins for obj. I don't see that happening either.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
need advice this week...risk playing michel vs the pack or go with lindsay vs the texans and for wr's...pick 2 guys - sanders, edelman, cooper