QB-Jimmy G
RB1-Alvin Kamara
RB2-Devonta Freeman
WR1-Golden Tate
WR2-Marvin Jones Jr.
TE: Trey Burton
Flex(RB/WR): Derrick henry
Flex(QB/RB/etc.): Ben Roethlisberger

Bench:Robby Anderson, Sterling Shepard, Ryan Tannehill, Corey Clement, Mohamed Sanu, and just picked up Matt Breida

Not a PPR league either, which is why I went strong on RBs. I have a weird thing with two Lions receivers, but it'll be difficult to not get consistent production between the two of them. I got Tate in a trade(traded Corey Davis) which i think was worth it.

Jimmy G and Big Ben worry me a little, because both could disappoint, or both could be really good, or somewhere in between. Ben is usually pretty reliable for fantasy at least...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you are trying to decide on Baldwin in your Flex, that means you have solid plays at your regular WR position...so I think going Kupp would be a little bit of a gamble but worth it.

Think I'm going to go with Baldwin after thinking about it. It's week 1, keep it simple and don't try and get cute!

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Im in a two QB league:

QB-Jimmy G
RB1-Alvin Kamara
RB2-Devonta Freeman
WR1-Golden Tate
WR2-Marvin Jones Jr.
TE: Trey Burton
Flex(RB/WR): Derrick henry
Flex(QB/RB/etc.): Ben Roethlisberger

Bench:Robby Anderson, Sterling Shepard, Ryan Tannehill, Corey Clement, Mohamed Sanu, and just picked up Matt Breida

Not a PPR league either, which is why I went strong on RBs. I have a weird thing with two Lions receivers, but it'll be difficult to not get consistent production between the two of them. I got Tate in a trade(traded Corey Davis) which i think was worth it.

Jimmy G and Big Ben worry me a little, because both could disappoint, or both could be really good, or somewhere in between. Ben is usually pretty reliable for fantasy at least...

Never played in a 2 QB league/SuperFlex...but have wanted to join a SuperFlex. Your QB's probably won't hurt you week to week, your WR's are the only area I do not like. Not a big fan of stacking players unless it is a QB-WR stack...so taking both tate and Jones is not something I like. I think Anderson will get plenty of targets because there isn't anyone else there to catch the ball.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Never played in a 2 QB league/SuperFlex...but have wanted to join a SuperFlex. Your QB's probably won't hurt you week to week, your WR's are the only area I do not like. Not a big fan of stacking players unless it is a QB-WR stack...so taking both tate and Jones is not something I like. I think Anderson will get plenty of targets because there isn't anyone else there to catch the ball.

Yea, I think Jimmy G and Ben will probably be fine. Still hard to gauge exactly how good Jimmy is, and his receivers aren't fantastic, but he should have a productive season. Ben too, but there were some times last season where it looked like he was just done. Hope we don't see that this season.

And yea, I just couldn't pass up trading Corey Davis for Tate. I think Robby Anderson is going to have a solid year, so I'll have to see how he does relative to Jones and Tate. I don't think Jones is going to have as good a year as last year, and Tate is the more consistent one, but not a huge redzone target. Might end up being Tate+Anderson. We'll see.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, I think Jimmy G and Ben will probably be fine. Still hard to gauge exactly how good Jimmy is, and his receivers aren't fantastic, but he should have a productive season. Ben too, but there were some times last season where it looked like he was just done. Hope we don't see that this season.

And yea, I just couldn't pass up trading Corey Davis for Tate. I think Robby Anderson is going to have a solid year, so I'll have to see how he does relative to Jones and Tate. I don't think Jones is going to have as good a year as last year, and Tate is the more consistent one, but not a huge redzone target. Might end up being Tate+Anderson. We'll see.
Is your league some form of PPR? Tate is usually a worthwhile start in PPR just from sheer targets. Doesn't quite make up for lack of TDs but it's something.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
am i crazy to play the bears defense in a h2h league?

Wouldn't be my first choice because they are playing Rodgers in Lambeau although if there isn't any better options then go for it.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
well i could pick up the lions, saints, packers, steelers...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agree on Saints. Steelers wouldn't be a bad play. If you can stash the Bears D then do it. I picked them up in all leagues when they signed Mack because I'm a homer. Not playing them this week though.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Agree on Saints. Steelers wouldn't be a bad play. If you can stash the Bears D then do it. I picked them up in all leagues when they signed Mack because I'm a homer. Not playing them this week though.

yea i think the homer in me thinks the bears d would do well with mack...

last question...would you play mariota vs dolphins or trubisky vs pack...

again i think my homerism is playing a big part...i have ryan but not playing him against philly tonite

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

again i think my homerism is playing a big part...i have ryan but not playing him against philly tonite
I would play Ryan tonight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:

I agree with GP...nothing against the other two, but definitely don't shy away from simply playing the best player.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm in a big money Survivor league. I currently have MN over SF. Think thats a safe bet?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's in MN so I feel good about that at least. Who would you take?
I don't mind the SF pick... if Jimmy G turns out to be legit, this could be a good choice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Why do you have 3 QBs?

Mitchapalooza

I faced Matt Ryan. Only put up 8.8 pts on me. Agholor gave me 13.5 in my flex spot. Happy with how it turned out.