2019-20 Fantasy Football advice thread

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it is also a great way to stay connected/interested in more games-if that is the desire. It can also give you greater insight to the league and different players. I am in two leagues one of which I have been in for since the early 90s. So, it can also keep you connected to old friends, too. I have played in as many as four leagues at once. I have found two is best for me.
Check out this. Still need some guys I think

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My general thoughts so far on the drafting strategy this year.

-Load up on RBs/WRs in the first 5-6 rounds.

-WR Depth is deep this year and slim pickins for RBs later in the draft so if it comes down to it between a WR/RB when you are picking in the first 4 rounds, favor the RB (within reason)

-TE is a crapshoot outside of Kelce, Ertz, Kittle and they are going high. If you miss out on one of them, better off waiting until round 10, imo. Take a safe guy, then come back in round 13/14 and take a guy with upside (Hockenson, Mark Andrews, Waller)

-There are 4 QBs going early - Mahomes, Luck, Rodgers, Watson - going to high for my liking. You can still snag a guy like Brees/Wentz/Russell later in the draft. I've seen Brees there in the 10th before in a few mocks. Only exception I really make to taking a QB early is if I want the QB/WR stack. Like Adams/Rodgers or Hopkins/Watson

-Similar to TE, if you sit on QB, take a late round flier on a guy with potential (Lamar, Trubisky, Murray)

-Handcuff your RB1 - Melvin (Eckeler), Zeke (Pollard), Gurley (Henderson), Chubb (Hunt), etc

-Beware of rookies, almost always seem to be overvalued

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The TE position is going to be an interesting one this year. I'm thinking you may have to sacrifice an early rb wr to get a top te.

I also think there will be some sleepers this year.

I'm on the fence whether to go for a big three te early or just play in the junkyard hoping to find a gem. It really depends on draft position and texture. I could see all three te's disappearing early in the third round if someone takes one early.

Almost like that strange run on qb's that happens when someone says fuck it and takes Rodgers as the first pick in the third round.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The TE position is going to be an interesting one this year. I'm thinking you may have to sacrifice an early rb wr to get a top te.

I also think there will be some sleepers this year.

I'm on the fence whether to go for a big three te early or just play in the junkyard hoping to find a gem. It really depends on draft position and texture. I could see all three te's disappearing early in the third round if someone takes one early.

Almost like that strange run on qb's that happens when someone says fuck it and takes Rodgers as the first pick in the third round.

For TE's if you take one of the big 3 this year within the first 2 rounds, you in a sense have to view them as your #1 WR (or #2 WR if you draft a WR in the first). Last year, if Kelce were to be classified as a WR he would have finished in the top 10 as a WR. For me, I would take Kelce in the 2nd depending on what players are falling and Ertz in the 3rd depending on who I drafted and who has fallen. The earliest I would take Kittle is in the 4th. Other than that I am waiting on TE

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yea...anyone who takes Gurley this year better make sure they grab Henderson. Shit, I might grab Henderson earlier to make sure Gurley owner is fucked. I think Henderson will be more productive than Gurley this year. Just my hot take

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yea...anyone who takes Gurley this year better make sure they grab Henderson. Shit, I might grab Henderson earlier to make sure Gurley owner is fucked. I think Henderson will be more productive than Gurley this year. Just my hot take

Going to be a the biggest hand-cuff this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love this move for Houston. Own some Duke stock in dynasty leagues, so I'm happy.

I haven't drafted any of my cash leagues but one so far and i took Duke real late cause hew was dropping way too far so this will end up being a great late round pick for me and i'll now have him in mind in my other cash leagues, but i'm sure everyone else will as well.

Okay troll clowns you can now spew the usual lies that you always do but i know i won't be seeing them. Liars will lie...lol

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I haven't drafted any of my cash leagues but one so far and i took Duke real late cause hew was dropping way too far so this will end up being a great late round pick for me and i'll now have him in mind in my other cash leagues, but i'm sure everyone else will as well.

Holy cow...a fantasy football team with Patrick Mahomes AND DUKE JOHNSON??

Is this even fair?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Okay troll clowns you can now spew the usual lies that you always do but i know i won't be seeing them. Liars will lie...lol

I can see his value in dynasty formats but in redraft leagues it doesn't change for me. The ones who draft him late will end up dropping him unless Miller goes down with injury. He is going to be a late round flyer for those who draft him and at best be a flex option during the bye weeks. Getting excited for this news for redraft leagues is a bit overblown.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thanks for this update.

I was thinking of having a pastrami sandwich for lunch today,but i'm sure everyone else will as well.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks for this update.

I was thinking of having a pastrami sandwich for lunch today,but i'm sure everyone else will as well.

Pastrami sandwich is definitely being drafted too late

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pastrami sandwich is definitely being drafted too late
They can be a bit greasy so they aren't an every day sandwich like a ham and cheese, but the can be a great change of pace sandwich. I will have to keep them in mind in my deli rotation especially if others are overlooking them. I will keep you all updated.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nothing quite like handcuffing your hotdog sandwich with a pastrami, every smart sandwich consumer knows this.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nothing quite like handcuffing your hotdog sandwich with a pastrami, every smart sandwich consumer knows this.

I personally like to do a pastrami/corn beef stack, both produce amazing flavors and can be had in the mid rounds

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I personally like to do a pastrami/corn beef stack, both produce amazing flavors and can be had in the mid rounds
Solid stack, because you can do marbled and/or dark rye for both.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Give me your odds of the Zeke/Melvin situations resolving themselves before the season.

Zeke - 50%

Melvin - 20%

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Give me your odds of the Zeke/Melvin situations resolving themselves before the season.

Zeke - 50%

Melvin - 20%
Zeke - 65%
Melvin - 25%

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zeke - 100% Jerry Jones isn't dumb

Melvin - 15% Chargers have done ok everytime he has been injured.