2019 NBA Offseason thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure who'd want Westbrook. He's 30 with a TON of miles on him, and as stated, he doesn't play "winning basketball."

He's incredibly inefficient and is due an exorbitant amount of money over the next 3 seasons.

If he was a better shooter, it'd be more worth the risk... but he's so incredibly inconsistent shooting the ball, you never know what you're gonna get.
I do. I want him bad.

We need a point guard and would be insane not to want to be relevant for the next 3 years.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I really shouldn't have to if you thought about it before you posted. So because Collison retired, it proves he didn't want to come to Chicago? How come he didn't choose Boston? Or OKC? Or Utah? So because Niko chose Europe, it proves he didn't want to come to Chicago? How come he didn't choose the Lakers? Or the Heat?

Again, if you were making a joke, it was a bad one. But since I don't think I have ever read anything resembling a joke from you, I'm just going to go with a very stupid comment.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I really shouldn't have to if you thought about it before you posted. So because Collison retired, it proves he didn't want to come to Chicago? How come he didn't choose Boston? Or OKC? Or Utah? So because Niko chose Europe, it proves he didn't want to come to Chicago? How come he didn't choose the Lakers? Or the Heat?

Again, if you were making a joke, it was a bad one. But since I don't think I have ever read anything resembling a joke from you, I'm just going to go with a very stupid comment.

You seem angry. As usual

Yes, it was made in jest. But the Bulls were said to be interested in a player, and that player retired at a very early age for a player to retire.

Most athletes stick around, given the pay they receive, rather than retire young. If he had an opportunity to play for the Bulls and preferred retirement it is not a great reflection on the Bulls.

Ditto a player taking a huge paycut to go overseas.

Most likely they each made their choice for other reasons, but then again, if the Lakerswere pursuing them, perhaps they are still in the nba.

Is that a stupid thought in your mind?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

If you have never read a joke from me, you clearly have me confused with someone else. And apparently someone who peed in your corn flakes.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So the West now has 6 contenders....

Lakers
Clippers
Blazers
Nuggets
Jazz
Rockets (a stretch)

Feels odd not to have the Warriors in there. The East has the Bucks & Sixers.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Bulls absolutely should call OKC about Westbrook.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
At this very moment, I'm all NBA'd out... but once October gets here, I'm going to be very excited for the season. This feels like the most wide open season since I can remember

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cousins, Rondo to Lakers

PG: Rondo-
SG: Green-Cook
SF: James-Pope
PF: Davis-Kuzma
C: Cousins-McGee

I believe they still have Chandler & Dudley

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do. I want him bad.

We need a point guard and would be insane not to want to be relevant for the next 3 years.

No thanks. I think Westbrook is quickly becoming one of those players that other star players don't want to play with.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cousins, Rondo to Lakers

PG: Rondo vs Tomas PG Dunn, Archi
SG: Green-Cook vs Lavine SG, Valentine
SF: James-Pope vs Otto Porter Jr SF -Hutchinson
PF: Davis-Kuzma vs Markenen PF -Young-Felicio
C: Cousins-McGee vs WCJ, C- Kermet,

I believe they still have Chandler & Dudley

Goddamit we just kinda underwhelm and its hard to say why...

but like fucking what? what? We are too good to ask about 3 years of Westbrook? God forbid he is averaging 24-6-7 in three years while continuing to get wiser and shoot better. The dude is a legend. 3 years? Nah...I'd be more worried about the next contract...he wont' fall off a cliff...dude is warrior...epic warrior...no cliff for tough guys who play the game hard. He might get hurt eventually...but he has been a constant.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Interesting...Masai Ujiri supposedly turned down a trade that would have sent PG13 and Westbrook to Toronto in exchange for Pascal Siakam. I wonder if Kawhi had stayed if they made that trade. It definitely wouldn't have hurt their odds.
I think it was mentioned that he didn't want to trade the draft capital if Kawhi wasn't assured to stay.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Goddamit we just kinda underwhelm and its hard to say why...

but like fucking what? what? We are too good to ask about 3 years of Westbrook? God forbid he is averaging 24-6-7 in three years while continuing to get wiser and shoot better. The dude is a legend. 3 years? Nah...I'd be more worried about the next contract...he wont' fall off a cliff...dude is warrior...epic warrior...no cliff for tough guys who play the game hard. He might get hurt eventually...but he has been a constant.
While continuing to shoot better?
What?

He sucks as a shooter. And NBA players in their 30’s don’t just become better shooters.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
The Bulls absolutely should call OKC about Westbrook.

Disagree, his style of ultra-physical play and reliance on athleticism is unsustainable any age, let alone 30+. Too late.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the guy is a great clutch shooter. seen him do amazng things

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
More I think about it I think the pistons should go all in on Westbrook. They have an aging roster. Their owner just wants to make the playoffs even if it’s just the 8th seed. Westbrook and griffin would be good fits together

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
More I think about it I think the pistons should go all in on Westbrook. They have an aging roster. Their owner just wants to make the playoffs even if it’s just the 8th seed. Westbrook and griffin would be good fits together

Poor Rose.

Thats a really good idea though.