2020 CCS Fantasy Football League

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So looks like Bad Juju and Nola Slim Thicc have locked up the divisions. Only way I get knocked out is if I lose, EZ Money wins, and Windy City wins and outscores me by 32 points. EZ Money gets in with either a win or a Windy City loss. Windy City needs to win and have either EZ Money lose or I have to lose and he outscore me by 32 points. The unlikely scenario is if all 3 of us win and Windy City outscores EZ Money by 83 points, that is the only way EZ Money misses playoffs with a W this week.

Wonder what the playoff scenarios are for the Yahoo league?
Pretty tight. Could be some movement depending on matchups, but the top 5 should be set.

Capture.PNG

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
All I know is I'm never drafting Wilson again. He completely sank me down the stretch. He seems to go through these stretches every year too.

And btw, I'm not out of it because I have a pretty good amount of points.

I'm assuming you are Two Minute Drillers and I overlooked your scenario....You can get in with EZ Money and Windy City losing and you outscore EZ Money by 34 points and Windy City doesn't out score you by 49 points.

4 teams make playoffs, no week 17 championship game.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm assuming you are Two Minute Drillers and I overlooked your scenario....You can get in with EZ Money and Windy City losing and you outscore EZ Money by 34 points and Windy City doesn't out score you by 49 points.

4 teams make playoffs, no week 17 championship game.

Yeah, that's me. It might be nice if the real Russell Wilson will please stand up lol. In my other league, my playoffs started and I got Lockett, so I need him to do something regardless.

We should've had 6 teams in, 13 week season. 2 bye weeks.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Are any of the 8-5 teams playing each other or are playing Rick's Team?

number 1 and 2 seeds(me) are playing eachother. And number 3 and 4 seeds play eachother. Number 5 plays number 9. And nobody cares about ricks team cuz he’s a lions fan!

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, that's me. It might be nice if the real Russell Wilson will please stand up lol. In my other league, my playoffs started and I got Lockett, so I need him to do something regardless.

I'm with you on Russ...I have him in another league and by week5 it looked like I was going to walk away with the championship again. Now I am not so sure

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

In a 10 team league, I think a 4 team playoff is the way to go with the regular season going to week 14. At 6 teams, that lets 60% of the league in playoffs, that dilutes the importance of the regular season.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
number 1 and 2 seeds(me) are playing eachother. And number 3 and 4 seeds play eachother. Number 5 plays number 9. And nobody cares about ricks team cuz he’s a lions fan!

So you are essentially locked in...The lion's fan could sneak in if the 4th and 5th seed lose and he scores enough points.

Always like seeing league come down to the wire.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So you are essentially locked in...The lion's fan could sneak in if the 4th and 5th seed lose and he scores enough points.

Always like seeing league come down to the wire.

yeah, I’m in I’m pretty sure. I’ve got enough points racked up to win any tiebreakers, so I should be solid. Just rooting against the lions fan now! But, since he has like 6 lions players on his roster...I think his fate is settled already

also, I think Russ will be fine. Him and DK are going to take my team to the promised land. Okay sure, it might have more to do with chubb, Aaron Jones, and Jefferson. But still!

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I made the championship out of the ESPN league, waiting to see if I face @Novak or @SilenceS . Look forward to whoever my opponent is. I want to thank all who helped me reach the Lunch Money League championship:

1st a shout out to @zack54attack and @Stephen_Roto for organizing both leagues and collecting everyone's lunch money...without you this would have been run by someone like @dabears70 and we all know how those leagues end up.

A second shout out to @Stephen_Roto for trading me Dalvin Cook. Without you I don't think this championship run would have been possible.

Next I would like to thank @brett05 for showing me that through the grace of God I can achieve anything.

I would also like to thank @Warden of the Northeast ...this may be an odd shoutout to some but prior to this season I would have put in a lot of effort to try and make the playoffs. He showed me that even if I were to miss playoffs in a lunch money league, things could always be worse...like collecting women's undergarments.

@msadows showed me that I will make a wrong call on a player, but I will never be wrong on as many players as he has been so I should just shoot my shot.

A special shout out to @Vick_Ashley, his positive and uplifting tweets were the proper motivation needed each week when setting my lineup.

And a thank you to those in the Yahoo league, not sure if the creation of the Yahoo league made the competition better or worse in the ESPN league but will be fun to see who gets the CCS prize at the end of the season.

Lastly, a big thank you to the discord bros:

@HeHateMe @Grimson @Burque @HawkBear @Jamais Vu @CRM 114 @Gustavus Adolphus @BearDen @ijustposthere @Novak @MDB111™ @nvanprooyen @WestCoastBearsFan @knoxville7 (don't think he is part of discord but a big help for start/sit questions)

I have been pretty MIA on discord lately because of work, but this championship appearance is as much yours as it is mine.

I look forward to a tough championship match with whoever I face next week.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I made the championship out of the ESPN league, waiting to see if I face @Novak or @SilenceS . Look forward to whoever my opponent is. I want to thank all who helped me reach the Lunch Money League championship:

1st a shout out to @zack54attack and @Stephen_Roto for organizing both leagues and collecting everyone's lunch money...without you this would have been run by someone like @dabears70 and we all know how those leagues end up.

A second shout out to @Stephen_Roto for trading me Dalvin Cook. Without you I don't think this championship run would have been possible.

Next I would like to thank @brett05 for showing me that through the grace of God I can achieve anything.

I would also like to thank @Warden of the Northeast ...this may be an odd shoutout to some but prior to this season I would have put in a lot of effort to try and make the playoffs. He showed me that even if I were to miss playoffs in a lunch money league, things could always be worse...like collecting women's undergarments.

@msadows showed me that I will make a wrong call on a player, but I will never be wrong on as many players as he has been so I should just shoot my shot.

A special shout out to @Vick_Ashley, his positive and uplifting tweets were the proper motivation needed each week when setting my lineup.

And a thank you to those in the Yahoo league, not sure if the creation of the Yahoo league made the competition better or worse in the ESPN league but will be fun to see who gets the CCS prize at the end of the season.

Lastly, a big thank you to the discord bros:

@HeHateMe @Grimson @Burque @HawkBear @Jamais Vu @CRM 114 @Gustavus Adolphus @BearDen @ijustposthere @Novak @MDB111™ @nvanprooyen @WestCoastBearsFan @knoxville7 (don't think he is part of discord but a big help for start/sit questions)

I have been pretty MIA on discord lately because of work, but this championship appearance is as much yours as it is mine.

I look forward to a tough championship match with whoever I face next week.
If CMC plays you might as well just donate your lunch money to my taco bell fund playboi

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Side note: remember when @ijustposthere was talking mad ish cus he won a couple games at the beginning of the season but then FAILED TO SNIFF THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME??? ?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Side note: remember when @ijustposthere was talking mad ish cus he won a couple games at the beginning of the season but then FAILED TO SNIFF THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME??? ?
I lost my top three picks right after that lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I LITERALLY haven't had CMC at all and never cried about it, just bootstrapped up and robbed dorkchops of their lunches
I literally lost Chubb, Thomas, and golladay and finished one game behind you. But it's alright, I played for free this year after taking your lunches last year. I'll be back again next year.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I literally lost Chubb, Thomas, and golladay and finished one game behind you. But it's alright, I played for free this year after taking your lunches last year. I'll be back again next year.
Excuses =/= bootstraps

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So the championship is set, @Novak takes on @gpphat in what some are calling the greatest championship match in modern CCS history. These two messageboard stalwarts are known as friends and not as foes. But for one week only they will be bitter rivals. Word on the street is @gpphat went by @Novak house to congratulate him and ended up leaving an upperdecker. @Novak made a conscience effort to take the highroad, but on his way to declare a truce, he changed his mind and went with a classic tactic for revenge:

1608653434853.png

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The yahoo final comes down to myself and @HawkBear
If you want a show, tune in!

next year maybe we can get like a 14 or 16 team dynasty/keeper league set up? I think that could be a really interesting set up for the super competitive nature of CCS

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The yahoo final comes down to myself and @HawkBear
If you want a show, tune in!

next year maybe we can get like a 14 or 16 team dynasty/keeper league set up? I think that could be a really interesting set up for the super competitive nature of CCS
My team was just like the 2010 Bears. Folding in the conference championship