Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
And I am sure you were saying that before we passed on OL right?
I think I said their needs were
OL
WR
TE
CB

I think they addressed all of that within their realm. I don't think for one second they blatantly recognized their weaknesses and then said "hey let's not address that one bit for our CCS fans"

I think they went after value today and that value was simply not there at the G position.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

That is more of Kmet's ceiling. Hooper smaller but the same sort of weaknesses coming out in terms of route quickness. They are not sudden athletes.

Hooper as a ceiling is perfectly fine but think it is wishful thinking to think he is the same type of player as Ertz or Kelce.
I highly doubt he'll be Kelce/Ertz/Kittle, but his style of play really does remind me of Kittle. Tough, gritty player who refuses to go down and tries hard to keep his feet when he's contacted. Also seems to be a very willing blocker who likes to scrap even though he's just ok as a blocker.

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
Of any position to take with picks that low, I like OL. Not the same as addressing it earlier, of course, but I think OL in the 7th are as likely as any position in the 7th. Who knows? We will see. But it beats grabbing more def backs at that point.
Qft

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still makes no sense.

Kmet is an amazing athlete. You're just looking at the 3 cone.

He's got very good speed for a 6'6 frame and a 37 inch vertical at that size is insane.

This guy was drafted all on upside. He's a much better blocker than Ertz was as well coming out.

You are well aware that change of direction is not about 40 time or vert. His 3 cone was 7.44 which was 2nd to last of TEs than ran albeit not a lot ran it. Trautmen's by comparison was 6.78 which is why some considered him better TE prospect.

I never said he was a bad athlete. I said he was a different athlete to Kecle and Ertz as their 3 cone was better. That translates into them being better route runners at this point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't say he's the same player.

Remy said we still need a flex TE. I asked him why.

He said he won't play the same role as Kelce/Ertz.

Burton played inline here 50% of the time. My guess is he is going to take that over.....His scouting profile on nfl.com legit says hes an inline TE with the potential to flex out to the slot....

You are confusing things. Burton is clearly a move TE that played Inline.

I am saying Kmet is more of a natural inline TE that can play some move.

The point I was making is Bryant is a more natural move TE as he is more fluid as evidence by his 3 cone which was 7.08 not 7.44.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think I said their needs were
OL
WR
TE
CB

I think they addressed all of that within their realm. I don't think for one second they blatantly recognized their weaknesses and then said "hey let's not address that one bit for our CCS fans"

I think they went after value today and that value was simply not there at the G position.

Yes and if they had drafted a G, you would then claim the value was there.

My point is it is just confirmation bias. Not saying anything wrong with it but you are basically changing your assessment to fit what the Bears actually did.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are well aware that change of direction is not about 40 time or vert. His 3 cone was 7.44 which was 2nd to last of TEs than ran albeit not a lot ran it. Trautmen's by comparison was 6.78 which is why some considered him better TE prospect.

I never said he was a bad athlete. I said he was a different athlete to Kecle and Ertz as their 3 cone was better. That translates into them being better route runners at this point.

I think it was reported that he slipped on the 3 cone. It is weirdly bad when you consider his shuttle run was in normal range.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cant find anything that says that. Dont they usually run drills twice? Would think if he slipped they would let him run again to get an accurate measurement.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yes and if they had drafted a G, you would then claim the value was there.

My point is it is just confirmation bias. Not saying anything wrong with it but you are basically changing your assessment to fit what the Bears actually did.
Pretty sure the 7th rounder is a guard.

They obviously saw value in that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the 7th rounder is a guard.

They obviously saw value in that.

Was refering to early in draft. You clearly would just agree with whatever thet did which again no biggie but lets just call a spade a spade.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Was refering to early in draft. You clearly would just agree with whatever thet did which again no biggie but lets just call a spade a spade.
I do. Unless it's a 1st rounder or someone I really think would do them good. But they are the pros.

I am not sold on Nagy though and was prett vocal about his suckage this season.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cant find anything that says that. Dont they usually run drills twice? Would think if he slipped they would let him run again to get an accurate measurement.
Only the 40 I thought they ran twice, could be wrong.

I would think they would let you re run it if you fell in your ass or something. But a little slip they might not even though it could slow you down a half second or so.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only the 40 I thought they ran twice, could be wrong.

I would think they would let you re run it if you fell in your ass or something. But a little slip they might not even though it could slow you down a half second or so.

Perhaps but I cant find any report about it so wouldnt put much stock into it.