I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We got 7 guys who can play small forward. We need a long big that can move.

Faried or Badgley or a Magee or power forward rim protected, even rebounded like Badgley will do.

Fucking Lauri would help us.

Already lost one undersized power forward I told Bulls not to rely on too heavily for a couple more years.

They are asking way too much of Vucevic now.
I’m hoping OKC buys out Favors or the bulls just send a 2nd round pick/salary match

he shouldn’t cost much, and he can help out with the paint defense and rebounding

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we can go on a good run until we get noticed and adjusted to.

Teams will figure us out but the Bulls can make a trade to adjust.

All these guards excelling creates multitude of possibilities and many teams will now be eager to deal with us.

Our long term asset gets a year to reflect and grow.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
How close is Coby to returning? Bench could use another scorer. I really hope we won't have one of these seasons where players are in and out of the lineup. Need time to gel

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
With a total overhaul of this team, we all expected a struggle to start the season. The truth is we are struggling. Difference between us and other teams that do similar overhauls is that they winning while working out everyone's role and how the offence will look day in and day out. That defense is is just tight. The only difference between this defense and the defense of the Thibs era is rebounding. But the offence is so much better and will only get better as they continue to gel. During the Thibs era, the offense was sooooooooooo slow. Donovan has these guys pushing the pace. This is so exciting. I agree and have been pushing for a long athletic defender/rim protector for awhile now.

Here is an interesting suggestion.

Bol Bol has pretty much been rotting on Denver's bench with 3 DNP-Coach's Decisions and 3 garbage minute games. Dude is long athletic and has a good offensive game. Maybe we could work with him on utilizing his size to become what we need in instead of him trying to be a 7'2 point guard. I'd prefer that compared to the oft injured Bagley or aging McGee and Favors.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Tough road test at Boston on Monday.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
With a total overhaul of this team, we all expected a struggle to start the season. The truth is we are struggling. Difference between us and other teams that do similar overhauls is that they winning while working out everyone's role and how the offence will look day in and day out. That defense is is just tight. The only difference between this defense and the defense of the Thibs era is rebounding. But the offence is so much better and will only get better as they continue to gel. During the Thibs era, the offense was sooooooooooo slow. Donovan has these guys pushing the pace. This is so exciting. I agree and have been pushing for a long athletic defender/rim protector for awhile now.

Here is an interesting suggestion.

Bol Bol has pretty much been rotting on Denver's bench with 3 DNP-Coach's Decisions and 3 garbage minute games. Dude is long athletic and has a good offensive game. Maybe we could work with him on utilizing his size to become what we need in instead of him trying to be a 7'2 point guard. I'd prefer that compared to the oft injured Bagley or aging McGee and Favors.

bol bol doesn’t solve the issue of interior defense and rebounding. Yeah, he’s tall…but he’s soft as hell and doesn’t rebound.

and btw, favors is still just 30 years old

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
havent watched the bulls for years but this team seems exciting. Offense is fun to watch, but the effort on D is whats making the difference. Billy Donovan is a good coach too
Same. Well, I paid attention last year after the FO changes and Donovan hire, but I knew they'd be pretty poor so it was never top of mind. This team is legit fun to watch. Watching Lavine and DeRozan score is enjoyable. Lonzo is young, but has a role and I love it. I also really liked the Ayo pick. I know he won't be much of a factor this season, but I liked watching him in college when he didn't play Iowa lol

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
bol bol doesn’t solve the issue of interior defense and rebounding. Yeah, he’s tall…but he’s soft as hell and doesn’t rebound.

and btw, favors is still just 30 years old
There is no evidence that shows he is soft because he hasn't played. With his size and athleticism, I think in the right system and weight program he has some serious defensive potential.

Favors is only 30!! Feels like he has been around forever.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There is no evidence that shows he is soft because he hasn't played. With his size and athleticism, I think in the right system and weight program he has some serious defensive potential.

Favors is only 30!! Feels like he has been around forever.
There is evidence of it. It’s called advanced metrics. Go look at his rebounding rate…

Bol Bol for his career(when on the court) has a rebounding rate of 10%. Which is absolute shit for a guy that is 7 foot 2 inches. Course he only weighs 220, same as I do but I’m a foot shorter than him. Yet, I could probably box his soft ass out

favors for his career rebounds at a 21% rate, despite being shorter

for reference, Dennis Rodman rebounded at a 23.5% rate for his career. So that tells you just how good of a rebounder favors is

edit - that was favors defensive rebounding rate. His overall is just under 17%

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is evidence of it. It’s called advanced metrics. Go look at his rebounding rate…

Bol Bol for his career(when on the court) has a rebounding rate of 10%. Which is absolute shit for a guy that is 7 foot 2 inches. Course he only weighs 220, same as I do but I’m a foot shorter than him. Yet, I could probably box his soft ass out

favors for his career rebounds at a 21% rate, despite being shorter

for reference, Dennis Rodman rebounded at a 23.5% rate for his career. So that tells you just how good of a rebounder favors is
The only thing I might say as a devil's advocate to that is that Bol Bol seems to only play in garbage time. I can't recall him playing meaningful minutes ever (he might have, I just can't recall a time where he was actually in the rotation). Whether that's continued condemnation on him as a player or just a factor of Denver's roster I'm not totally sure of either. Just saying though if he only really plays garbage time his stats are probably heavily skewed

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The only thing I might say as a devil's advocate to that is that Bol Bol seems to only play in garbage time. I can't recall him playing meaningful minutes ever (he might have, I just can't recall a time where he was actually in the rotation). Whether that's continued condemnation on him as a player or just a factor of Denver's roster I'm not totally sure of either. Just saying though if he only really plays garbage time his stats are probably heavily skewed

rebounding stats wouldn’t really be skewed. Not sure I understand your thinking on that one. His rookie year he was getting like 12-15 min a game.

those advanced metric stats take the minutes equation out of it. The rebounding is a % of available rebounds, not a running total. It’s a way to compare players that play vastly differing minutes

and for more perspective on it…Lonzo ball has almost the same rebounding % rate as bol bol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

This article talks about why he can’t get playing time despite being a skilled offensive big man

to sum it up, it’s what I’ve been saying…he gets pushed around in the paint by guys that weigh more than him and isn’t a good defender or rebounder really

we need a big man that can defend and rebound and not be a liability on offense. While bol bol has some offensive game and can shoot for a big man, that’s not what the bulls need

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
rebounding stats wouldn’t really be skewed. Not sure I understand your thinking on that one. His rookie year he was getting like 12-15 min a game.

those advanced metric stats take the minutes equation out of it. The rebounding is a % of available rebounds, not a running total. It’s a way to compare players that play vastly differing minutes

and for more perspective on it…Lonzo ball has almost the same rebounding % rate as bol bol

I see what your saying and your probably right. I just wonder sometimes if organizations just don't know how to work with guys like that.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I see what your saying and your probably right. I just wonder sometimes if organizations just don't know how to work with guys like that.
I like bol bol as a player. Just not a fit for what the bulls need. Bol bol is still a project, they have to find a way to get some weight on him and keep it on. But the worry is that could take away from his offensive game. TBH, he could use to be sent down to the G league or whatever they call it now…just to get minutes.

bulls need a veteran that you know exactly what you’re getting from him. Needs to be a guy that will do some dirty work. Only reason I mentioned favors is because he fits that mold, and he’s currently on OKC…which seems to be a team that will happily part with a veteran player for younger assets in return

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My thinking would be in garbage time there'd be less available rebounds since there's a lot of just holding the ball waiting for the game to end, but I could be wrong, maybe there's more rebounds and in that case that just plays more to your point.

Either way if he played 15mpg that's a decent enough sample size to dismiss my argument anyway. It wasn't a strong conviction, just a thought really. To your point he's a thin sorta frail player so I can see him getting pushed around.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My thinking would be in garbage time there'd be less available rebounds since there's a lot of just holding the ball waiting for the game to end, but I could be wrong, maybe there's more rebounds and in that case that just plays more to your point.

Either way if he played 15mpg that's a decent enough sample size to dismiss my argument anyway. It wasn't a strong conviction, just a thought really. To your point he's a thin sorta frail player so I can see him getting pushed around.
I get what you’re saying now. And that may have some merit to it, I’m not sure. Would have to study shots per minute or something for garbage time compared to regular time. That’s actually be kinda interesting to see

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A road win tonight would be great

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago Bulls (5-1) AT Boston Celtics (2-4)

Date: 11/1/21
Time: 6:30 p.m. CST

Projected Starting Lineup
Chicago Bulls

PG Lonzo Ball
SG Zach LaVine
SF DeMar DeRozan
PF Javonte Green
C Nikola Vucevic

Boston Celtics

PG Dennis Schroeder
SG Jaylen Brown
SF Jayson Tatum
PF Grant Williams
C Al Horford

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Celtics off to a bad start this year. Team has been fairly good the past few years, though a bit of a down year last year. On paper, still a good team. I guess we'll see what happens here.