2021 Bottom Roster Guys Who Make it in 2022

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
We've got time to kill. Thomas Graham doesn't count because it was malpractice that he didn't see more time. You gotta pick seemingly insignificant players who are going to be starters in 2022. This thread is meant to be wild guesses.

I'll start. Bears resign Teez Tabor and he does well.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Charles Snowden is going to take a big step forward and round out a dangerous pass rush unit. His size and athletic profile, with a full season in the nfl under his belt, gives him a chance to stand out against scrubs and make a splash in our pass rush rotation and on special teams.

Look for 10 splash plays from Snowden next year.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The Bears are one of the shittiest teams in the NFL and our meatballs are worried about the last player on the shittiest roster?

You have to be fucking kidding?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Charles Snowden is going to take a big step forward and round out a dangerous pass rush unit. His size and athletic profile, with a full season in the nfl under his belt, gives him a chance to stand out against scrubs and make a splash in our pass rush rotation and on special teams.

Look for 10 splash plays from Snowden next year.
Snowden would probably be more of a SAM LB in the 4-3, unless they put some more weight on him. I think he was a SAM at UVA. He'd be a ideal for the 4-3 under that the Seahawks ran with Bruce Irvin at SAM (also really fits Quinn as a LEO) where he can use his length out on the edge and also potentially rush the passer or press the TE in coverage off the line.

Snowden's a good answer, but I'll go off the radar and say, Sam Kamara. He got a handful of snaps in about half the games last year with all the injuries. I think he wins the 4th DE job, where he's a better fit as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB, and he gives the Bears 4-5 sacks in 2022.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Offense:
WR Dazz Newsome - could be sneaky good
WR Rodney Adams - Flashed a lot in the preseason, worth a look in 2022

Defense:
OLB/DE Charles Snowden - Flashing talent
LB Caleb Johnson - Made a lot of good plays in the preseason, buried in the regular season

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Offense:
WR Dazz Newsome - could be sneaky good
WR Rodney Adams - Flashed a lot in the preseason, worth a look in 2022

Defense:
OLB/DE Charles Snowden - Flashing talent
LB Caleb Johnson - Made a lot of good plays in the preseason, buried in the regular season
I'd be shocked if Rodney adams even makes the practice squad again. He's not good.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I'd be shocked if Rodney adams even makes the practice squad again. He's not good.
He seemed to do well in the preseason. Always a possbility.

One other one: Jesper Horstead. Two receptions in 2021, two TDs.

Wish there was a place to get preseason stats. I'd be interested to see how many of the guys Fields had reps with in training camp had little playing time in the regular season.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Charles Snowden is going to take a big step forward and round out a dangerous pass rush unit.
A 240 lb down DE? Didn't we try this experiment a decade ago with a 1st round pick before we moved him to Mike and Sam and those didn't work out before he won a ring in New England as a ST ace?

Snowden would probably be more of a SAM LB in the 4-3, unless they put some more weight on him. I think he was a SAM at UVA.
LOL a 6'7 SAM would be a first, I'll give you that.

At Virgina under John Rudzinski the DC in 2020, he was a 'viper' edge rusher in a 3-4 and led the team in sacks.

Please stop the stupidity thinking one position can transition to another he's never played and is vastly different (and most times won't even be on the field in a 4-2-5).

We already have enough misguided idiots already think that with Trevis Gipson--and Snowden is buried compared to him. His best bet is DE depth and even then he probably isn't making the roster.

He's under contract with the New York Jets. Don't know how he's making the bears' roster next year unless they cut him in camp and he winds up back here.

Last edited:

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
I really think we need a strong safety a MLB, and SAM. We're cutting a lot of starters - on both sides.

Graham showed some good ball. Nagy didn't play these rookies because he wanted to win and keep his job. A lot of players really didn't get a chance to show what they can do. I still don't understand why they didn't play Rodney Adam's more.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
A 240 lb down DE? Didn't we try this experiment a decade ago with a 1st round pick before we moved him to Mike and Sam and those didn't work out before he won a ring in New England as a ST ace?

LOL a 6'7 SAM would be a first, I'll give you that.

At Virgina under John Rudzinski the DC in 2020, he was a 'viper' edge rusher in a 3-4 and led the team in sacks.

Please stop the stupidity thinking one position can transition to another he's never played and is vastly different (and most times won't even be on the field in a 4-2-5).

We already have enough misguided idiots already think that with Trevis Gipson--and Snowden is buried compared to him. His best bet is DE depth and even then he probably isn't making the roster.

He's under contract with the New York Jets. Don't know how he's making the bears' roster next year unless they cut him in camp and he winds up back here.
Coming out swinging, huh.

I said pass rusher. Please stop overthinking and presuming he has to play DE. I also think he's going to make a difference on special teams. And that he'd round out the end of the pass rushers. You're quite the overreacting.

As for his size, Vic Beasley led the league in sacks and was light in the pants as a rookie. Mark Anderson was 250 and came off the bench for us to lead the team in sacks at 4-3 end. He can add muscle in the off-season. I really don't see the need to compare a first round bust who was supposed to be a starter to an UDFA who I think will likely never start.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dazz, Eiselen, Snowden.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I said pass rusher. Please stop overthinking and presuming he has to play DE.
What else is going to rush the passer in a 4-2-5?

How many LB blitzes does Eberflus run? He's known for his delayed CB blitzes from Indy, well known that he credits Marinelli and modernized his delayed CB blitz. Is Snowden lining up there?

Is he a DT now?

More importantly, what is any OC/QB worth his salt going to do when a 6'7 LB and former pass rusher on the field not as a down lineman in a 4 front?

As for his size, Vic Beasley led the league in sacks and was light in the pants as a rookie. Mark Anderson was 250 and came off the bench for us to lead the team in sacks at 4-3 end. He can add muscle in the off-season. I really don't see the need to compare a first round bust who was supposed to be a starter to an UDFA who I think will likely never start.
You were the guy who said Snowden is going to "take a big step forward and round out a dangerous pass rush unit." I'm the guy saying "stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes."

Maybe rethink citing 2 guys with 1-year outliers for stats before they fell off the map altogether. That doesn't help your case. It helps mine that a 3-4 edge rusher from Clemson sucked as a 4-3 down DE minus his rookie year, when he's now been in the league since 2015, his 3rd team cut him in 2020 and he's been out of a job since.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
What else is going to rush the passer in a 4-2-5?

How many LB blitzes does Eberflus run? He's known for his delayed CB blitzes from Indy, well known that he credits Marinelli and modernized his delayed CB blitz. Is Snowden lining up there?

Is he a DT now?

More importantly, what is any OC/QB worth his salt going to do when a 6'7 LB and former pass rusher on the field not as a down lineman in a 4 front?

You were the guy who said Snowden is going to "take a big step forward and round out a dangerous pass rush unit." I'm the guy saying "stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes."

Maybe rethink citing 2 guys with 1-year outliers for stats before they fell off the map altogether. That doesn't help your case. It helps mine that a 3-4 edge rusher from Clemson sucked as a 4-3 down DE minus his rookie year, when he's now been in the league since 2015, his 3rd team cut him in 2020 and he's been out of a job since.
there is nothing to say that he cannot come in at LB and blitz, and come in at DE on an obvious passing down to round out the pass rush. I am not expecting him to have the snaps to produce the kind of stats that Anderson and Beasley did in a year (you know, after you compared him to one first round bust), but was saying that it is not impossible for him to have a good year at his size. All I said can round out our pass rush and hope to make 10 splash plays on defense and ST (which, for a UDFA, is a pretty big step forward in year 2...)

But hey, keep talking about what people cant do. I am here talking about what I hope a young man can do with the kind of hard work it takes to get into the league in the first place. I am fairly certain that that is the entire point of this thread.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
The Bears are one of the shittiest teams in the NFL and our meatballs are worried about the last player on the shittiest roster?

You have to be fucking kidding?

Well...Bears salary cap situation (taking all factors into account) is among the worst, future draft capital is leveraged, so many holes in the roster, and it's the oldest roster in the NFL at the end of the season. Ryan Pace really FUBAR'd this team. There was little else for him to screw up.

I hate to break it to you, but there's going to be some starters amongst that group. It's worth discussing.