***2021 NFL Draft IGT*** - Day 3

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The D was very underwhelming last year, and it looked very much like they gave up pretty early on. That's on the DC and HC. Glad Pagano is gone. They better fucking show up this year.

Thank you for the reasonable response.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What makes you think he’s an “islander.”
His last name and picture?

Stop trying to inject race.

Sorry, but get out of here with that bullshit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't particularly like what went down on day 3, so I will go on record what I think should have happened.

My dream draft
1. Fields QB1
2. Jenkins RT
5. Jamar Johnson S Indiana
6. Khalil Herbert RB3 Virg Tech
6. Trey Smith RT/LT2/Swing1 Tennessee
6. Thomas Graham Jr. CB Oregon
7. Marvin Wilson DT USC

Wimms and Ridley will beat out Newsome for time. The other two will go to PS and disappear.
This draft had a chance to be epic and land 4 eventual starters and a starting nickel, good back-up RB and rotation DT.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't particularly like what went down on day 3, so I will go on record what I think should have happened.

My dream draft
1. Fields QB1
2. Jenkins RT
5. Jamar Johnson S Indiana
6. Khalil Herbert RB3 Virg Tech
6. Trey Smith RT/LT2/Swing1 Tennessee
6. Thomas Graham Jr. CB Oregon
7. Marvin Wilson DT USC

Wimms and Ridley will beat out Newsome for time. The other two will go to PS and disappear.
This draft had a chance to be epic and land 4 eventual starters and a starting nickel, good back-up RB and rotation DT.

Newsome is a slot so he is not competing with Wims at all. I am calling Ridley will be cut. He legit doesnt do anything well.

ARob, Mooney, Goodwin, Miller, Newsome and Wims will be the WRs.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Newsome is a slot so he is not competing with Wims at all. I am calling Ridley will be cut. He legit doesnt do anything well.

ARob, Mooney, Goodwin, Miller, Newsome and Wims will be the WRs.

wims also does nothing well

miller is a bitch and basically thinks he's jerry rice, when in fact he's marcus monk....minus the height.

newsome projects as a slot, but doenst look like he has top end speed

goodwin might get time outside when they go 11 and move arob to the slot.

overall, a pretty underwhelming group

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His last name and picture?

Stop trying to inject race.

Sorry, but get out of here with that bullshit.

Also, it turns out he’s from Utah, which is both culturally and geographically the least island-y place in the entire world.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm from TN and a big volunteer fan. If he slid all the way out of the draft, then teams clearly know he's not going to clear medically. He has huge talent.
The same fans who bitch about Pace drafting a WR who got injured after the draft will complain he didn't use a high pick on a guy who fell to Mr. Irrelevant range due to injury/health concerns.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
wims also does nothing well

miller is a bitch and basically thinks he's jerry rice, when in fact he's marcus monk....minus the height.

newsome projects as a slot, but doenst look like he has top end speed

goodwin might get time outside when they go 11 and move arob to the slot.

overall, a pretty underwhelming group

Newsome's strength is he reaches top gear quickly and has good short area quickness and agility. He also varies his route speed well. So he plays faster than his 40 time and confuses DB with his changing route speeds.

There is a bit of Antonio Brown in his game as both were punt returners, rac guys more quick and agile than blazing fast and needed polish as route runners. AB obviously developed as one of the best route runners in the NFL. Newsome has the traits to do so given his agility and start and stop ability. The problem is he is more of a jitterbug than a route runner right now.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also, it turns out he’s from Utah, which is both culturally and geographically the least island-y place in the entire world.

His parents also happen to be Tongan.

I know Islanders who live in Illinois and they don't get offended being called Islanders - they take immense pride in it, because of the rich cultural heritage and legacy.

They would give you serious shit for trying to turn it into an offensive term.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
His parents also happen to be Tongan.

I know Islanders who live in Illinois and they don't get offended being called Islanders - they take immense pride in it, because of the rich cultural heritage and legacy.

They would give you serious shit for trying to turn it into an offensive term.
Rock Island, Blue Island, Goose Island.....

Reactions: WCL

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not true. They have the great salt lake, just like the sea! It’s the most island-y landlocked place in the entire world!

Reactions: WCL

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nothing to brag about but the Bears made it (just barely) into the top half of Time of Possession in 2020. So overall the defense was not hurt last year with 3 and outs. This is a myth stated over and over again on here. Bears got 1st downs, moved the ball slowly, failed to score in Nagy's offense.

What hurt the Bears defense last year was the Bears defense itself, the soft play off the ball by corners, etc. Against the Saints in the playoffs the Bears D could not get off the field and their now retired QB was at this point incapable of throwing 25 yards. Maybe it was just Pagano, I don't know.

How exciting..... guess I'm wrong and we should focus on trying to win games 10-3.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The D was very underwhelming last year, and it looked very much like they gave up pretty early on. That's on the DC and HC. Glad Pagano is gone. They better fucking show up this year.

And the offense was even worse

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not true. They have the great salt lake, just like the sea! It’s the most island-y landlocked place in the entire world!
The land surrounding a lake is literally the opposite of an island!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How exciting..... guess I'm wrong and we should focus on trying to win games 10-3.
I get it. My preference of style of football is not the way of the world any more. Yes I would definitely rather win 10-3 than 41-34. That's just me I guess.

Anyway, not looking to argue, known you on these boards for years. My opinion is a bit different than 95% of the people. And I totally hope my questioning all this is wrong, and the Beard go on an upswing never seen before.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I get it. My preference of style of football is not the way of the world any more. Yes I would definitely rather win 10-3 than 41-34. That's just me I guess.

Anyway, not looking to argue, known you on these boards for years. My opinion is a bit different than 95% of the people. And I totally hope my questioning all this is wrong, and the Beard go on an upswing never seen before.
Don’t get me wrong. I love some good defense as much as the next guy. It’s just not the way of the world anymore as you say.