***2021 NFL Draft IGT*** - Day 3

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Or PFF isn't that good ranking players. But the Bears have been killing the draft by all accounts apparently. They've been getting top early grades across the boards, fwiw.
Yeah, I know we tend to love it when analysts grade the Bears draft well and say “ what do they know?” otherwise, but I just saw CBS gave A, A- and A+ to the three 6th rounders. B+ to 5th rounder and B- to our Mr. Barely Relevant.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
udfa arent qb2....they are lucky to be #3 guys and likey ps guys for at least the first year
Right, I just think he would want to go somewhere where there's open competition for QB2. Highly doubt he'd be QB2, but wouldn't blame him.

I, however, would love to have him on Bears PS.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If you replaced the OG with Trey Smith OG and the DT with Marvin Wilson DT I would be in draft heaven right now.

I simply don't understand the two fatties.
Trey Smith dropped for a reason. Every GM was afraid to invest a pick.

The two “fatties” were much needed.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Right, I just think he would want to go somewhere where there's open competition for QB2. Highly doubt he'd be QB2, but wouldn't blame him.

He is no good. He will be lucky to be getting a paycheck come labor day.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Chicago should be his preference. QB2 will make millions

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Backup QBs are getting expensive. I like the idea of bringing in Newman. He could run the same offense and be the Primary backup for 3 years.

That’s what I’m thinking.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If you replaced the OG with Trey Smith OG and the DT with Marvin Wilson DT I would be in draft heaven right now.

I simply don't understand the two fatties.
I'm from TN and a big volunteer fan. If he slid all the way out of the draft, then teams clearly know he's not going to clear medically. He has huge talent.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In case you haven't noticed..... the Bear's offense has SUCKED. If the defense gets ignored a bit this year so they can bring in a potential franchise QB and some beef block then so be it. There's still more than enough talent on D for them to avoid a "very sharp decline" as you say. That's just being overly dramatic.

And you know what else helps a defense? Not going three and fucking out half the game!
Nothing to brag about but the Bears made it (just barely) into the top half of Time of Possession in 2020. So overall the defense was not hurt last year with 3 and outs. This is a myth stated over and over again on here. Bears got 1st downs, moved the ball slowly, failed to score in Nagy's offense.

What hurt the Bears defense last year was the Bears defense itself, the soft play off the ball by corners, etc. Against the Saints in the playoffs the Bears D could not get off the field and their now retired QB was at this point incapable of throwing 25 yards. Maybe it was just Pagano, I don't know.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Nothing to brag about but the Bears made it (just barely) into the top half of Time of Possession in 2020. So overall the defense was not hurt last year with 3 and outs. This is a myth stated over and over again on here. Bears got 1st downs, moved the ball slowly, failed to score in Nagy's offense.

What hurt the Bears defense last year was the Bears defense itself, the soft play off the ball by corners, etc. Against the Saints in the playoffs the Bears D could not get off the field and their now retired QB was at this point incapable of throwing 25 yards. Maybe it was just Pagano, I don't know.
The D was very underwhelming last year, and it looked very much like they gave up pretty early on. That's on the DC and HC. Glad Pagano is gone. They better fucking show up this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm from TN and a big volunteer fan. If he slid all the way out of the draft, then teams clearly know he's not going to clear medically. He has huge talent.
I see.

Well I'd sure like to be the team that took a chance and fought to get him cleared or signed him as an o-line coach/scout.

This issue happened once in the NBA to a first round pick also.