***2021 NFL Draft IGT*** - Day 3

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Right now to me it feels like Emery's first couple of drafts when 90% of message board was gloating and joyous that he killed draft. We will know how the draft was in a few years. Guys generally go higher than normal for a reason, and lower than normal for a reason. Everything is relative.

Normally I would say if the Bears are gonna be shit, at least on the other side of the rainbow is a top draft pick.

If the Fields pick works out offense should be better, but I see the defense going on a very sharp decline like the Wanny era.
I agree the defense is not going to be any where near 2018 even without pagano fucking things up. But we all knew the what the window was for the defense and with the failure of the trubisky pick this is where we are at today as a result of it. Next year we prob have a significant cap increase from some dead beat contracts and pace can start retooling.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Does Ryan Pace control this Twitter account?

PFF has every Bears pick ranked 50-100 spots higher than others.

No idea but from the snips coast to coast on social media sports talk the Bears draft is ranked up there, even #1. On the flip side when the Mitch Trubisky pick came everyone laughed at Chicago.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now to me it feels like Emery's first couple of drafts when 90% of message board was gloating and joyous that he killed draft. We will know how the draft was in a few years. Guys generally go higher than normal for a reason, and lower than normal for a reason. Everything is relative.

Normally I would say if the Bears are gonna be shit, at least on the other side of the rainbow is a top draft pick.

If the Fields pick works out offense should be better, but I see the defense going on a very sharp decline like the Wanny era.
I don't like the OG or WR much. The rest look good.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

In case you haven't noticed..... the Bear's offense has SUCKED. If the defense gets ignored a bit this year so they can bring in a potential franchise QB and some beef block then so be it. There's still more than enough talent on D for them to avoid a "very sharp decline" as you say. That's just being overly dramatic.

And you know what else helps a defense? Not going three and fucking out half the game!

Bust

Liked Posts:
I don't like the OG or WR much. The rest look good.

For a franchise to make that leap, have got to land <difference makers> like our buddy Stan Bowman. If Pace lands 2 future all pros in this draft it's a Winner Winner Chicken Dinner regardless of what happens with the others.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For a franchise to make that leap, have got to land <difference makers> like our buddy Stan Bowman. If Pace lands 2 future all pros in this draft it's a Winner Winner Chicken Dinner regardless of what happens with the others.
Its still a waste. The first two picks are great, but why fuck up the rest of the draft?

We left some great players on the board.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Its still a waste. The first two picks are great, but why fuck up the rest of the draft?

We left some great players on the board.
Naw. Pace hits bang for buck studs in the latter rounds, 5th round in particular he's hit near home runs in terms of value. It's essentially his strength over the years. No one year wonder for Ryan Pace on this matter.

2015, Adrian Amos
2016, Jordan Howard
2017, no 5th round picks
2018, Bilal Nichols
2019, no 5th round picks
2020, Darnell Mooney, Kindle Vildor

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Honestly the way you put that makes you sound like you are breaking the other way simply because you want to be disagreeable. That you're resenting that the entire board went one direction and therefore you're going the other direction in hopes that you can be right and lord it over the rest of the board.

Just saying how it's coming off man...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Right now this feels like someone still salty Trubisky is no longer here.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pick #203 changed hands four times.

WAS > LV > MIA > HOU > BUF

Anyone know what the record is?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Offense, offense, offense, offense, offense

Gonna be nuts if we handed the Giants a top 3 pick next year too. There is no telling that any of these guys will help the offense in 2021.

A couple of injuries on defense will make the D well below average.

Digs aside, we had too much money invested on D and the O was not good enough to be carried by the D. This is a rebalancing of the team. We have 50-60 million in cap and will likely fill the team out then. 2021 is probably about getting these young guys experience and maybe the last playoff spot with the real pushing coming in 2022.

greg23

Liked Posts:
newman or yeaboah or terry with last pick???

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There was a guy named Jake Funk, and we didn’t take him. Son of a bitch!

A punter named Bitch out of South Carolina A&M, will probably go undrafted and be available as a free agent.

Bold prediction there WCL!

Reactions: WCL