2021 Qb class Re-Draft Fields#1

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That was in 2006, brother. And Al Davis was known as a gambler who would make decisions other owners wouldn't. I dont know why you guys get so mad about this stuff. I'm not saying the NFL is necessarily racist, but there is a preconceived notion that black quarterbacks are stupid. Jacoby Brisset was fine in Indy and they found every reason in the world to replace him. Now he's shown he can be a quality starter in Cleveland. Tyrod Taylor was pretty good in Buffalo and he was replaced with Nathan Peterman, maybe the worst quarterback in NFL history. Look at Geno Smith.

If it makes you feel any better, there are plenty of white athletes who can probably succeed at running back and cornerback but they rarely get a chance. Does that help your fragility at all? Lol.

TL;DR

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was in 2006, brother. And Al Davis was known as a gambler who would make decisions other owners wouldn't. I dont know why you guys get so mad about this stuff. I'm not saying the NFL is necessarily racist, but there is a preconceived notion that black quarterbacks are stupid. Jacoby Brisset was fine in Indy and they found every reason in the world to replace him. Now he's shown he can be a quality starter in Cleveland. Tyrod Taylor was pretty good in Buffalo and he was replaced with Nathan Peterman, maybe the worst quarterback in NFL history. Look at Geno Smith.

If it makes you feel any better, there are plenty of white athletes who can probably succeed at running back and cornerback but they rarely get a chance. Does that help your fragility at all? Lol.
Those are teams moving on because they knew those players weren't destinations. I liked Prescott and Brissett (pissed when we didn't take Prescott after Brissett was gone) in that draft and the Colts traded a 1st round WR to get him from the Pats. He's got an 83 career passer rating, 6.6 ypa and fewer than 2 TDs for every INT. He is not a quality starter and is a confirmed placeholder. They don't hire these guys not to play them. Plenty of white guys available to sign instead.

LOL at Peterman that played less than 3 quarters when they tried him after Taylor had 5 1st downs, 56 yards, 3 points and a INT after 3+ quarters. Taylor was under center again by 1/2 time of the next game. Perterman's only other play that year involved Taylor injury. Buffalo did not choose Peterman over Taylor but tried something to stop a slide. Buffalo drafted Allen the next year. Lovie was Texans HC when the Texans decided to not resign Taylor and go with doughboy Mills. I personally never understood the affection for Peterman.

If you're going to go here, pick better examples than confirmed journeymen. They belong in the NFL but they aren't franchise QBs. They are cusp starters. I slightly prefer them but really, they have stats that mimic Mitch.

And no, there are not many white guys that can take RB and CB jobs in the NFL. They get plenty of chances in college (scouting) but don't do as well. Lots play RB in high school ball.

Does bias exist? Of course, we're dealing with humans and honestly, you're an example and I don't mean that in a call out way (we're all human) but when it comes to the NFL selecting players to win games, it's a minor consideration.

Last edited:

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Those are teams moving on because they knew those players weren't destinations. I liked Prescott and Brissett (pissed when we didn't take Prescott after Brissett was gone) in that draft and the Colts traded a 1st round WR to get him from the Pats. He's got an 83 career passer rating, 6.6 ypa and fewer than 2 TDs for every INT. He is not a quality starter and is a confirmed placeholder. They don't hire these guys not to play them. Plenty of white guys available to sign instead.

LOL at Peterman that played less than 3 quarters when they tried him after Taylor had 5 1st downs, 56 yards, 3 points and a INT after 3 quarters. Taylor was under center again by 1/2 time of the next game. Perterman's only other play that year involved Taylor injury. Buffalo did not choose Peterman over Taylor but tried something to stop a slide. Buffalo drafted Allen the next year. Lovie was Texans HC when the Texans decided to not resign Taylor and go with doughboy Mills. I personally never understood the affection for Peterman.

If you're going to go here, pick better examples than confirmed journeymen. They belong in the NFL but they aren't franchise QBs. They are cusp starters. I slightly prefer them but really, they have stats that mimic Mitch.

And no, there are not many white guys that can take RB and CB jobs in the NFL. They get plenty of chances in college (scouting) but don't do as well. Lots play RB in high school ball.

Does bias exist? Of course, we're dealing with humans and honestly, you're an example and I don't mean that in a call out way (we're all human) but when it comes to the NFL selecting players to win games, it's a minor consideration.

Good post but I disagree with a few talking points and those are mostly just my opinions on the situation.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Lmao. I’m sure that being white shows up in his scouting profile. What a stupid fucking comment
Even though it wasn't warranted his comment has historical truth to it. For decades a lot of scouts, analysts, & coaches thought black QBs were not smart enough to play the QB position. Some even still think like this. It wasn't too long ago that an analyst commented that Lamar should switch to WR during the time of his draft. So his comment wasn't stupid per say you just got your feelings involved.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Even though it wasn't warranted his comment has historical truth to it. For decades a lot of scouts, analysts, & coaches thought black QBs were not smart enough to play the QB position. Some even still think like this. It wasn't too long ago that an analyst commented that Lamar should switch to WR during the time of his draft. So his comment wasn't stupid per say you just got your feelings involved.
That time has long since passed boomer

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm 41 jackass definitely not a boomer
Ok boomer.
OMG one retired scout thought Jackson should move positions! It’s racism I tell ya! (Same scout also thought that Bortles was also not an NFL QB, so your argument is already invalid boomer)

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears getting best QB in class, whaaa?

We have to thank Pace for this too btw lmao

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
There's been 16+ starting black QB's this season. This discussion is ancient.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fortunately old but unfortunately not ancient.

But here's a talking point. If you would divide up positional ratio by population demographics, only 13.6 percent of NFL players at any position should be black to not show bias. We're equal but not alike and there's a higher percentage of blacks that are elitely physically gifted. That in no way implies that whites have a higher percentage of extra intelligence. There evidence to the opposite and besides a good % black people in this country are not pure black either. I always wonder why a very light skinned balck person is 'black' when they're likely more white like Teven.

It just happens that QB is a position that requires less physicality and you can get by with smarts and accuracy. That doesn't mean white QBs are smarter since still, only 1/2 are starters when non blacks should be 86% by population percentage. It's just that greater athleticism is less important there. Still matters and may be why 1/2 are still black but the threshold of being athletic enough for the position is much lower. Don't get me wrong and I understand that some/much of this may also be socio-economic but that variable would make it way too complex for me and likely has a lot of grey at its core data... at least for me.

White guy layman's statistical picture. @remydat
Curious as to your take here since I think you use statistical info a lot and may have a different perspective.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

But bro, one former NFL exec that is well past his prime said that Jackson should move positions!!
(The top 3 QBs on the big board are black not to mention Hooker rising up draft boards quickly). Will Levis will be the 4th one selected. #racismcured!!!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fortunately old but unfortunately not ancient.

But here's a talking point. If you would divide up positional ratio by population demographics, only 13.6 percent of NFL players at any position should be black to not show bias. We're equal but not alike and there's a higher percentage of blacks that are elitely physically gifted. That in no way implies that whites have a higher percentage of extra intelligence. There evidence to the opposite and besides a good % black people in this country are not pure black either. I always wonder why a very light skinned balck person is 'black' when they're likely more white like Teven.

It just happens that QB is a position that requires less physicality and you can get by with smarts and accuracy. That doesn't mean white QBs are smarter since still, only 1/2 are starters when non blacks should be 86% by population percentage. It's just that greater athleticism is less important there. Still matters and may be why 1/2 are still black but the threshold of being athletic enough for the position is much lower. Don't get me wrong and I understand that some of this may also be socio-economic but that variable would make it way too complex for me and likely has a lot of grey at its core data... at least for me.

White guy layman's statistical picture. @remydat
Curious as to your take here since I think you use statistical info a lot and may have a different perspective.

I ain’t reading all of this lol. Nice try tho

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Way early but-

Davis Mills is by far the most displaced in the draft-

Trey Lance and Sam Elinger over Mac Jones- that’s just silly at this point

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But bro, one former NFL exec that is well past his prime said that Jackson should move positions!!
(The top 3 QBs on the big board are black not to mention Hooker rising up draft boards quickly). Will Levis will be the 4th one selected. #racismcured!!!
Dude just stop. I brought that up to show the bias still exists in some way shape or fashion. And yes I acknowledge that there are more black starting QBs than ever before. Just relax and have a simple discussion instead of diving into your feelings.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How ancient is ancient when a comment was made less than 3 years ago? But just like I told Bama I am glad we have more black starting QBs as it shows that prejudice about black QBs is fading out. Pointing out a historical fact should not get you guys in a tizzy... that's really telling.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok boomer.
OMG one retired scout thought Jackson should move positions! It’s racism I tell ya! (Same scout also thought that Bortles was also not an NFL QB, so your argument is already invalid boomer)
Lol you're going on ignore since you can't facilitate a decent discussion. Take care.