2021 Showcase: Nagy's well-oiled machine.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Both the GM & coach can be bad. The Bears have a rich tradition of both being true.

Most recent example - Emery & Trestman.

Asking a coach to have a 16th ranked offense with our players is not a tall order.

Again, Murray substantially changed AZ. They were the worst.
again, which is it though. “with our players”. in your last thread you made a point of highlighting that “our players” weren’t average on paper. but that doesn’t seem to be the case now, or even matter.

also it’s funny that the Bears were literally .2 points per game below the cardinals in your OP, which you are arbitrarily clinging to for some reason.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Monty needs to be featured. If he’s not, that’s an indictment on the coaching staff and Nagy in particular. Run the ball and there will be more play action opportunities downfield for fields to take advantage of. Make it simple for the rook especially when that formula should be effective. RPO I’m sure will make a comeback. Bears don’t need mad scientist bullshit. They need a winning formula that other teams know is coming but they can’t stop it

jive

Liked Posts:
Over the last 3 years, Nagy has been able to create the team that he thinks will win games. He's not saddled with many players from previous regimes. He has HIS QB, RB, WRs, TE, and O-Line. The only holdovers of note are Cody Whitehair and Tarik Cohen. He also has his coordinators and coaches. If he can't get this offense to at least average, it's on him. If he makes it into a top 5 offense, it's on him as well.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Monty needs to be featured. If he’s not, that’s an indictment on the coaching staff and Nagy in particular. Run the ball and there will be more play action opportunities downfield for fields to take advantage of. Make it simple for the rook especially when that formula should be effective. RPO I’m sure will make a comeback. Bears don’t need mad scientist bullshit. They need a winning formula that other teams know is coming but they can’t stop it

..their talking about DMs fantasy ranking. But still.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I have been slowly watching the games back from last year... Mitch and Foles were horrendous. I mean we can put qualifiers on it and all that, but they were awful.

We should get better QB play no matter who starts. The offense should be better. More points should he scored.
Nick Fools was absolutely horrendous last year...he played about 10 minutes of good football all season.....all vs Atlanta

Mitch wasn't good but he wasn't anywhere as bad as fools, the oline early on and the play caller.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lazor did run more. They were done pretending they had a QB at that point.

They also played a bunch of cupcake defenses down the stretch.

If the OL improves, and it has more talent, then Monty should be as productive with fewer touches

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nick Fools was absolutely horrendous last year...he played about 10 minutes of good football all season.....all vs Atlanta

Mitch wasn't good but he wasn't anywhere as bad as fools, the oline early on and the play caller.
Foles was awful. He had a couple moments against TB as well, otherwise he was beyond bad.

Mitch was better, but he also got to run a training wheels offense.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
I can't remember which game it was the Bears won but afterwards Nagy was all pumped screaming how much better they'll be once they run the plays right. Guys a first class idiot

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can't remember which game it was the Bears won but afterwards Nagy was all pumped screaming how much better they'll be once they run the plays right. Guys a first class idiot
The QB and OL sucked. Hard not to imagine what they could be on offense when they get both those spots ironed out.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No excuses, especially with this mfer wanting to call plays again.

Also another comparison would be Josh Allen...who also has a similar style and initially sat before taking overafter a couple weeks (which may be the blueprint)....I dont know the impact statistically

bufordht

Liked Posts:
When Nagy called the plays they ranked much lower. You have to throw out the few games that Lazor called because they scored more than Nagy ever has calling the offense.

If Nagy calls the plays all year I expect them to be ranked In the 17-25 range.

I think they'll definitely be top 15, maybe top 12 if he hands over play calling to Lazor or Deflip or a chimp spinning a roulette wheel of football plays.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else feel like @halftime is just feeling strange because for the first time in what seems like a long time, he has this cautious optimism about him and he has no idea how to handle it?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So we have a completely unknown OL, rookie QB, and a head coach who has already proven he can't elevate the play of those around him, and we are expecting a top 15 offense???

Holy shit you guys are going to be upset.

I'm expecting the stats on the year to be looking like a bottom 10 team.

Hopefully the line can mesh and Fields can take off and have the O looking like a top 15 group, but the overall year stats just likely aren't going to be there.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
All true but with Cohen back, Herbert in the fold and better QBs, I wouldn't expect Monty to have more yards. I would hope for a greater YPC.
True. Damion Williams too. I think ppl are sleeping on him bigtime.