2022: Building around Fields

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt that. The Dolphins for example, I believe have cap and picks. They have Will Fuller and now Waddle, but since they’re giving Tua a shot, a dependable ARob and electric Waddle would work for them.

But who knows? I think if circumstances dictate, they could get back more than you think.
Your not looking at the bigger picture, it's just not about Arob's talent, it has as much to do with the fact he is a top dollar one year rental. Without some guarantee AROB would be willing to sign a long term extension, not team is going to give up more than a 3rd for him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Cooks wasn't tagged, and the Rams also added a 4th round pick to the deal.
Good points. Still think Robinson is better though. Cooks has brees and Brady throwing him the ball as opposed to bortles and Mitch. I think they could prob get a 2nd for Robinson if the other team is able to sign him long term

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Your not looking at the bigger picture, it's just not about Arob's talent, it has as much to do with the fact he is a top dollar one year rental. Without some guarantee AROB would be willing to sign a long term extension, not team is going to give up more than a 3rd for him.
I am looking at the big picture, and I agree with you. Obviously the predicate to any trade is finding a destination ARob likes and agreeing to terms with the other team. Not saying that will happen, but if it does, I think his trade value is higher than you think.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good points. Still think Robinson is better though. Cooks has brees and Brady throwing him the ball as opposed to bortles and Mitch. I think they could prob get a 2nd for Robinson if the other team is able to sign him long term
That would have to happen prior to July 15. Also, because Arob is does not have to re-negotiate his contract with anyone, it effectively narrows the trade pool considerably, which decreases his value

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I am looking at the big picture, and I agree with you. Obviously the predicate to any trade is finding a destination ARob likes and agreeing to terms with the other team. Not saying that will happen, but if it does, I think his trade value is higher than you think.
I'd love to get like a 2nd and a 4th or 5th for him then go sign Will Fuller. Draft TE Ruckert and a solid WR. Add a good OL in FA. The offense would be pretty solid. We'd likely have to address defense in future offseasons as most of our allocation next year would be going offense. But that offense would be loaded with speed

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That would have to happen prior to July 15. Also, because Arob is does not have to re-negotiate his contract with anyone, it effectively narrows the trade pool considerably, which decreases his value
I didn’t say it would be easy but it’s within reason

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Seems like a lot of money to pay Ramczyk just to back up my man Larry.

JGONBORICUA14

Liked Posts:
I'd love to get like a 2nd and a 4th or 5th for him then go sign Will Fuller. Draft TE Ruckert and a solid WR. Add a good OL in FA. The offense would be pretty solid. We'd likely have to address defense in future offseasons as most of our allocation next year would be going offense. But that offense would be loaded with speed
I thought about trading ARob and signing someone like Kenny Golladay or juju for a bit cheaper

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Over the next 2 years this Bears Team will a bit of turn over including attempting to bring in some youth while the older guys move on.
Here are some Ideas.

2021 Contract Extension
Allen Robinson 4yrs $75 Million

Big Name Walks/Cut :
Jimmy Graham (UFA)
Akeim Hicks (UFA)
Robert Quinn ($7 Million in savings)
Nick Foles ($3 Million in savings)
Danny Trevathan (cut post 06/01 $4mil savings)
Germain Ifedi (UFA)

Franchise Tag
Roquan Smith

Re-Signed
Bilal Nichols 3yrs $18Mil
James Daniels 4yrs $56mil

Free Agency
RT Ryan Ramczyk 4Yrs $70Mil

rd2 TE Jeremy Ruckert OSU
rd3 CB Roger McCreary Auburn
rd5 Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
rd6 ??
rd7 ??

SIde note If Fuller is open to a reunion sign that dude ASAP LOL
Wow thank God you're GM

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
The Bears should follow the KC Chiefs plan when they surrounded Mahomes with a ton of explosive offensive weapons.

Extend Allen Robinson
Sign Will Fuller
Sign either Mike Gisecki or David Njoku (Tight ends take too long to develop to waste one of the few picks the Bears have. )

The benefit of having a mobile QB is the stress it puts on how defenses can rush the QB. It takes an enormous amount of pressure off the tackles, which is why I think Ifedi or Borom can work at RT.

Rebuild the defense through the draft.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The Bears should follow the KC Chiefs plan when they surrounded Mahomes with a ton of explosive offensive weapons.

Extend Allen Robinson
Sign Will Fuller
Sign either Mike Gisecki or David Njoku (Tight ends take too long to develop to waste one of the few picks the Bears have. )

The benefit of having a mobile QB is the stress it puts on how defenses can rush the QB. It takes an enormous amount of pressure off the tackles, which is why I think Ifedi or Borom can work at RT.

Rebuild the defense through the draft.
Bears likely won't have the cap space to make all those signings

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Bears likely won't have the cap space to make all those signings
They should with Quinn, Hicks, Dalton, Graham, & Trevathan all gone.

The defense would take a step back, but there is still plenty of talent and it’s easier to rebuild a defense through the draft. The league is shifting towards offense anyways.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yikes, you wanna pay James Daniels the same as Zach Martin? Other than that, I'm with you for the most part. But like Windy said, the Bears are looking at some decent room under the cap after they cut guys like Foles and Quinn, but that money isn't going to go super far when you only have 30 players or so under contract. I think I'd rather get a 2 or 3-for-1 with the 19M you're giving Robinson. I love Robinson but a 19M WR and 18M RT isn't a great use of resources.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
They should with Quinn, Hicks, Dalton, Graham, & Trevathan all gone.

The defense would take a step back, but there is still plenty of talent and it’s easier to rebuild a defense through the draft. The league is shifting towards offense anyways.

Cut or don't re-sign all of those guys and the Bears have about 72Mil in cap room. Signing Robinson will take 20Mil of that (granted won't all be hit to the cap). And you only have 27 players under contract. You need another 28, and only 2 early draft picks next year (no 1st or 4th). Maybe the 5th, 6th and 7th round picks make the team this year and next, so you have 31-32 players under contract, but like 9 of them will be picked in the 200s or UDFA. And you still lost your backup QBs, #2 TE, and starters at LB, DL, OLB, while still needing starters at RT, RG, CB, and SS .