2022 NBA Playoffs Discussion

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Year 5, which Tatum is in, is usually the backend of where a players superstardom begins. There's a few exception, Curry was year 6, Nash was year 9. So in my particular book, this is make or break time.

Even so, his regular season advanced metrics don't quite do it for me as those numbers are low compared to other superstars. But, put together a good playoff run, hell winning the championship and winning Finals MVP would be good for making a case. It does seem he'll get All-NBA 1st honors this year, but would need to be something he sustains.
Curry was year 6 is a little disingenuous when you could see greatness in year 3 (at Davidson).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Curry was year 6 is a little disingenuous when you could see greatness in year 3 (at Davidson).
First, I have my own system so no curry met no criteria for superstardom until his mvp season.

I'll be honest, I never saw superstar in Curry. I saw an amazing shooter who could score, and that's about it. So his leap in 2014-15 was a surprise.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First, I have my own system so no curry met no criteria for superstardom until his mvp season.

I'll be honest, I never saw superstar in Curry. I saw an amazing shooter who could score, and that's about it. So his leap in 2014-15 was a surprise.
You didn’t notice he could dribble anywhere on the court and time the pathways of teammates into a dozen lay-ups per game?

He’s like John Stockton and Reggie Miller in one player.

He only stopped playing like a pure point guard because Kerrs spread offense and energy conservation/longevity/injury concerns.

Sounds like you need to tweak your system. Or get new eyes.

Like you didn’t think taking Davidson to the sweet 16 was a big deal? Only a handful of legends past, present or future could have taken that squad that far.

Of course dozens probably could if they stayed in school that long, but he badly needed to gain weight/strength.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My name is Jose alverado and I have testicles..bulls, take notes
I guess testies ain’t enough…Paul went 14/14 shooting last night lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still, you gotta give Alvarado credit for making a name for himself in this playoffs. CP3 was unreal last night and that is what it is. He still got under CP3's skin in the series and earned himself some respect.

I'd take Alvarado over Coby White easily, probably several others on the Bulls right now. It'd be like having another Caruso. And to Enasic's point, at least if you have a team of guys who are playing with heart, you may still lose, but you probably won't get blown out every single game.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The greatness of CP3. Still got it even at 52 years old.

I’d still take a team full of Alverados over the soft mush the bulls trotted out

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Blah blah blah…bulls don’t have testicles apparently blah blah blah…

Bulls apparently don’t care enough now and are soft

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
When bulls lose series 4-1, bulls have no heart or testies

When Jokic and Nuggets lose 4-1, it’s somehow a gritty effort apparently

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Idk what Jokic has to do with it, I was talking about the Pels if anything

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Like clone said, jokic has nothing to do with the bulls…but if you can’t see the difference between the bulls roster and the nuggets roster and the effort/competitive play the nuggets showed compared to the bulls, that’s on you fam

Bulls lost 19 of their last 27 and were routinely getting pounded by 20+ a game…with 2 all stars on the team….

Again, jokic and Denver have nothing to do with how soft the bulls are.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Like clone said, jokic has nothing to do with the bulls…but if you can’t see the difference between the bulls roster and the nuggets roster and the effort/competitive play the nuggets showed compared to the bulls, that’s on you fam

Bulls lost 19 of their last 27 and were routinely getting pounded by 20+ a game…with 2 all stars on the team….

Again, jokic and Denver have nothing to do with how soft the bulls are.
I mention Jokic and Denver because they also lost 4-1, but people on here were acting like it was some gritty display. When in reality they have the MVP and can’t get more than 1 win in the first round. But hey, at least they twyed hard!

The fact the bulls have been getting drubbed by 20+ Most games since the all star break should only make it less surprising they got drubbed in the playoffs. It had nothing to do with effort, and everything to do with being outmatched/outcoached

But hey, A+ on effort to the nugs and pels

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I mention Jokic and Denver because they also lost 4-1, but people on here were acting like it was some gritty display. When in reality they have the MVP and can’t get more than 1 win in the first round. But hey, at least they twyed hard!

The fact the bulls have been getting drubbed by 20+ Most games since the all star break should only make it less surprising they got drubbed in the playoffs. It had nothing to do with effort, and everything to do with being outmatched/outcoached

But hey, A+ on effort to the nugs and pels
Lord lol….

The bulls have more talent than Denver does right now. Their starters consist of two all-stars in DeRozan and LaVine and a former all-star in nikola vucevic. Other than jokic, who does Denver have? Aaron Gordon? Will Barton? Lol….

Despite that, they played a more competitive series against a team that has won multiple championships, have 3 hall of famers, a hall of fame coach, and could very realistically win the championship this year. You know what else Denver wasn’t doing even though they have no one outside of jokic? They weren’t getting their asses beat for the better part of 3 months lol

Bulls are el softo and everyone, national media included, seem to know it except you. The funniest part about this is if LaVine lost his two best players, put up the type of season jokic did, willed his team to 48 wins and played a competitive series against the golden state warriors you would proclaim him the best of all time lol….but hey, diminish how good jokic is if it makes you feel better. Bulls are still soft as charmin

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lord lol….

The bulls have more talent than Denver does right now. Their starters consist of two all-stars in DeRozan and LaVine and a former all-star in nikola vucevic. Other than jokic, who does Denver have? Aaron Gordon? Will Barton? Lol….

Despite that, they played a more competitive series against a team that has won multiple championships, have 3 hall of famers, a hall of fame coach, and could very realistically win the championship this year. You know what else Denver wasn’t doing even though they have no one outside of jokic? They weren’t getting their asses beat for the better part of 3 months lol

Bulls are el softo and everyone, national media included, seem to know it except you. The funniest part about this is if LaVine lost his two best players, put up the type of season jokic did, willed his team to 48 wins and played a competitive series against the golden state warriors you would proclaim him the best of all time lol….but hey, diminish how good jokic is if it makes you feel better. Bulls are still soft as charmin
Wrong. According to everyone on here, one MVP level top 5 player is worth more than ZL and DD and Vuc. You’re trying to have your cake and eat it too

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Wrong. According to everyone on here, one MVP level top 5 player is worth more than ZL and DD and Vuc. You’re trying to have your cake and eat it too
I’m not trying to do anything. You seemed to get upset when I called out the bulls for lacking gonads. You’re free to disagree

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m not trying to do anything. You seemed to get upset when I called out the bulls for lacking gonads. You’re free to disagree
Yep, their lack of testies is what cost them ?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Embiid is out indefinitely with a concussion and injury to his orbital bone.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s nice to watch a series between two teams with MASSIVE testicles in the Grizz and Wolves

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Memphis first team in NBA history to win 3 games in a series trailing 10+ points heading into the 4th quarter

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Memphis first team in NBA history to win 3 games in a series trailing 10+ points heading into the 4th quarter
Wolves should trade KAT. Get a haul and build around Edwards.

KAT should be the best player on the court 95% of the time and he consistently shrinks.