'23 Chicago Bears 53 man Depth Chart Prediction - Put all your predictions here [On Topic Only][NO DERAILING]

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pretty sure with the new rules they can keep a 3rd qb without counting toward the 53 man roster.....

Thus

Fields as starter
Walker as backup
Rookie as designated 3rd qb
Maybe even keep Peterman on PS
That’s not true. The third QB has to be on the 53 but can still play on game day even if he’s inactive.

“The emergency quarterback has to be on the 53-man roster and can not be a practice squad call-up. Accordingly, any team who believes they may have to designate an emergency quarterback will have to carry three on their active roster.”

“The NFL’s new bylaw specifies that the third emergency quarterback must be on the 53-man roster — and not just on the practice squad. If that quarterback is designated for emergency duty, he won’t count against the 46-man game day total.”

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I would not be surprised if the final WR spot comes via waivers, someone who has punt return ability.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just now on SiriusXM:

Kirwan: "I'm not an OL coach but if I had Justin Fields I'd want Cody Whitehair at center. I can't understand what they're thinking".

Miller: "Lucas Patrick is an undersized center. He might get bowled over but I can't say because he's been hurt for two years so I haven't seen him play in Chicago".

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Just now on SiriusXM:

Kirwan: "I'm not an OL coach but if I had Justin Fields I'd want Cody Whitehair at center. I can't understand what they're thinking".

Miller: "Lucas Patrick is an undersized center. He might get bowled over but I can't say because he's been hurt for two years so I haven't seen him play in Chicago".
They’ve actually not been hurt just being pre-caution-airily held out so I’ve been told it’s an overreaction to even mention it!

@Spitta Andretti

Rise

Liked Posts:
If it’s me I’m putting ole dirt snap whitehair in at center and Carter gets LG. I don’t know if Carter can only play RG but he seemed pretty good to me.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getsy knows Patrick and Patrick knows his system and Witehair has a bad hand so I get why it is the way it is. Like everyone else I wanted them to take a center in the second.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Number 2?????????????????????????
He was wrong in another thread about a different position group. I’ll try to find it. I believe it was about Gipson and only keeping 5 WR’s