24th civil suit filed against Watson..

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You've even had women who didn't sue him say he was inappropriate

You've even had women who didn't sue him say he was inappropriate
Just nothing reliable enough to charge the guy with rape or sexual assault..so it's basically he said/she said.

Do I think the guy has a fetish...yup, just like I'm sure u have one and everyone on here commenting. Do I think the guy is out there raping women and forcing them to do stuff....2 grand jurys said no, the others didn't feel they wanted to go criminal, yet are cool with suing....that shit there alone raises flags.

I'll wait, because suing in civil, is a bs move...even if he settles to save money, u will bitch and moan he is guilty, although 2 separate criminal courts/counties, said there isn't enough to warrant a trial.

Also one of those women admitted to banging him in two separate sessions. That's the comical shit...majority say how they were offended, yet gave him another massage after...gtfoh.

Last 18 other women gave statements to support Watson...yet that does not matter either right?

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just nothing reliable enough to charge the guy with rape or sexual assault..so it's basically he said/she said.

Do I think the guy has a fetish...yup, just like I'm sure u have one and everyone on here commenting. Do I think the guy is out there raping women and forcing them to do stuff....2 grand jurys said no, the others didn't feel they wanted to go criminal, yet are cool with suing....that shit there alone raises flags.

I'll wait, because suing in civil, is a bs move...even if he settles to save money, u will bitch and moan he is guilty, although 2 separate criminal courts/counties, said there isn't enough to warrant a trial.

Also one of those women admitted to banging him in two separate sessions. That's the comical shit...majority say how they were offended, yet gave him another massage after...gtfoh.

Last 18 other women gave statements to support Watson...yet that does not matter either right?

No it doesn't matter

Because it only takes one time for a chick to say no. Just because one of the women admitted to banging him doesn't mean they all were willing to

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Also,,,,I'd trust that you'd terminate the massage session if the guy pulled this on ya....

o_O ?

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it doesn't matter

Because it only takes one time for a chick to say no. Just because one of the women admitted to banging him doesn't mean they all were willing to
Yup, they say no, and then turn around and have that same individual come around again, for round 2 or 3...makes sense.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yup, they say no, and then turn around and have that same individual come around again, for round 2 or 3...makes sense.
So if some of the claims are fabricated, yet some of the claims are true, how does this affect what should happen to Watson?

When an employer who is not privy to a criminal investigation seeks to punish their employee for alleged behavior, I think this is a very difficult situation to fairly enforce. Nobody wants the NFL going easy on sexual misconduct, but what should an employer do in the absence of criminal charges?

I think its a very tough situation for the NFL to fairly enforce either way.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So if some of the claims are fabricated, yet some of the claims are true, how does this affect what should happen to Watson?

When an employer who is not privy to a criminal investigation seeks to punish their employee for alleged behavior, I think this is a very difficult situation to fairly enforce. Nobody wants the NFL going easy on sexual misconduct, but what should an employer do in the absence of criminal charges?

One thing they don’t want to do is jump the gun. But that puts his team and Watson in a difficult spot.

Then again, they all knew what they were doing, so have no one to blame but themselves…

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Situations like this are a mess for the NFL. How does the NFL fairly decide punishment and what should an employer do on top of what the criminal and civil courts are there to do?

Doing nothing, especially like in the Ray Rice situation, would not be acceptable. But how much can you punish someone when no criminal charges were filed and all the civil cases get settled?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Situations like this are a mess for the NFL. How does the NFL fairly decide punishment and what should an employer do on top of what the criminal and civil courts are there to do?

Doing nothing, especially like in the Ray Rice situation, would not be acceptable. But how much can you punish someone when no criminal charges were filed and all the civil cases get settled?
That's why the commissioners exempt list exists, but they seem pretty set on not using that for Watson for some reason

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
A lack of charges didn't stop Goodell from suspending legendary woman respecting icon Ben Roethlisberger for four games after he was accused of sexual assault for the second time in 2010.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Problem is that if he only fucked over one of these girls, he's still a dirt bag. That many of them may be here looking for a free ride on the gravy train doesn't change that. From the testimony so far, it does appear that the DA steered the jury away from a trial. WTF wouldn't you want the lead detective to testify unless you were hiding that evidence/opinion?

That some of these women were willing participants does not change this for some that may not have been. I don't like the broad brush approach but then it's also here because it's basically turned into a class action with the lawyer likely recruiting more victims for a greater overall payoff. This snake is going to make >$10m himself but it doesn't change the fact that Deshaun was very, very likely inappropriate to the point of distress with at least some of these women.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You take your best shot. Happens all the time and the NFL has plenty of inside info here with private investigators on retainer. I think they handled the WA coach speaking out correctly by leaving it in house and the Watson punishment will not be as bad as some may think. Watson will pay $30 to $60M contingent on NDAs, the league will suspend him with consideration for time served on the sidelines and that will be that.

What's important is that Watson doesn't let this go to the courts and really, he's got no one to blame but himself. Those are some costly nutters.

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Watson will pay $30 to $60M contingent on NDAs
I don't think he will pay that much to be honest. I don't see the cases valued at 1-2 million dollars each. We will never know what he paid because there will be confidentiality in the settlements. He obviously will pay a premium because he doesn't want a public trial, but many of these girls likely do not want a trial either. I would even venture to say that some of the less egregious cases will settle for less than 100k.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I don't think he will pay that much to be honest. I don't see the cases valued at 1-2 million dollars each. We will never know what he paid because there will be confidentiality in the settlements. He obviously will pay a premium because he doesn't want a public trial, but many of these girls likely do not want a trial either. I would even venture to say that some of the less egregious cases will settle for less than 100k.
He would have already paid for this issue to go away if that was his plan. He's obviously not doing that

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Funny, I have had a number of sports massages in my life, and yet in none of them was sex ever involved. I am clearly doing something wrong...

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Rich Eisen's comments on this story.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He would have already paid for this issue to go away if that was his plan. He's obviously not doing that
Takes a while to determine an amount and the lawyer representing the accusers is likely in no hurry to max this out. The longer Watson sits, the better the accuser's leverage. His new contract sure didn't hurt the accusers. I wouldn't put it past the Texans/Houston DA to get him off the criminal charges to be able to move him.

What's the alternative? If you think Watson wants this to be a public court display like the Amber Turd case, you're not paying attention. Deshaun Wakson?

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Takes a while to determine an amount and the lawyer representing the accusers is likely in no hurry to max this out. The longer Watson sits, the better the accuser's leverage. His new contract sure didn't hurt the accusers. I wouldn't put it past the Texans/Houston DA to get him off the criminal charges to be able to move him.

What's the alternative? If you think Watson wants this to be a public court display like the Amber Turd case, you're not paying attention. Deshaun Wakson?
I mean he's been pretty insistent that he doesn't want to settle and will have his name cleared. He's already had his name drug through the mud quite a bit, so if he believes he can win the case, he might go for it. I guess we'll see

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean he's been pretty insistent that he doesn't want to settle and will have his name cleared. He's already had his name drug through the mud quite a bit, so if he believes he can win the case, he might go for it. I guess we'll see
Could be but what would you expect him say?