3 best / worst performances (week 13)

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Oh boy, do our Bears ever fail to let us down? The horrendous 49ers came to town this week and of course the Bears wet the bed again. John Fox is now 12-32 and owns the worst win percentage in Bears history. The Bears are also 0-7 in games where they are favored during the John Fox era. The team is getting worse every week and morale is dwindling. John Fox needs to be fired before next week's game so they can at least have a chance to build some momentum into the off season.

Here's the good:

3. Lamarr Houston

Houston had a pretty good game with 3 tackles and a sack. The pass rush is going to heavily rely on Houston for these next few weeks as the pass rush has been nearly decimated by injury.

2. Tarik Cohen

Without Cohen's electrifying punt return for a touchdown, I don't know how I could've watched that. Cohen had us screaming at the TV for a second, but quickly showed his explosiveness and playmaking ability as he looped around for a 61 yard touchdown.

1. Fuller

After some bad weeks for Fuller, he turned it around this week with a solid game against the 9ers. He out dueled Louis Murphy for Jimmy Garoppolo's first career interception.

The bad:

Dishonorable Mention: Run Game

extremely disappointing performance for them. After last year where Jordan Howard absolutely shredded the 9ers, they only go to him 13 times. I understand that there were few offensive plays to go around, and maybe I don't totally blame them with the little push the O-line was getting.

3. Secondary

Can anybody on this team actually cover? How many times did the Bears have the 9ers at 3rd and long only to give it up over the middle to some scrub receiver? They have played awful every since the bye week hit. Besides the Fuller interception, I don't think there was a single positive play for them all game.

2. Pass Rush

Not completely their fault. Floyd, Young, Mcphee, and Irving all have gone down with injury. This unit just cannot get any pressure. Fangio will need to send more blitzes in future weeks if he wants to get any pressure at all.

1. Coaching

Some of the decisions this staff makes are just mind boggling. Where the hell is Shaheen? They are 3-9, what do they have to lose by putting him out there? Not being able to move the football against a terrible 9ers defense is also totally unacceptable. Oh, and not letting the 9ers just score at the end of the game when they had no timeouts. They practically handed them the game at that point.

Here's what Fox had to say about that:
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/937443455940390912?s=17

Just admit you fucked up John, don't give us that bullshit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Pretty much totally agree. Only thing I'd add is that Fuller has a pass break up that stopped the first drive and held them to a Robbie.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Shit show against the Hundley Packers... Shit show against the 49ers... Boy can't wait until the Browns :smh:

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I’d have to go with the OL again in the bad top 3. Thought they played like a flailing bunch of vaginas.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The 9rs at times had 10 men in the box, and the Bears sent Howard right into the teeth of it. Boy, that there is some smrt futbol...

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Honestly, why are so many up in arms about letting them score at the end? When was the last time that actually worked? There was a much better chance of a missed FG rather than having less than 30 seconds to march down the field with a rookie QB and the worst offense in the league.

It was the right call.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Honestly, why are so many up in arms about letting them score at the end? When was the last time that actually worked? There was a much better chance of a missed FG rather than having less than 30 seconds to march down the field with a rookie QB and the worst offense in the league to score with a kicker who wasn’t even doing kickoffs.

It was the right call.

Had they let them score the first time after the first down, I think they would've had over a minute and at least one if not 2 time outs. Things happen, any given Sunday and all.
Kickers this year from that distance are something like 98% success rate, Robbie is 100% this year from that distance. What's the percentage of kicks blocked from ANY distance in the NFL this year? Now it may not have worked out had they let the 9ers score, but the odds were not in their favor hoping for a block/miss.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Had they let them score the first time after the first down, I think they would've had over a minute and at least one if not 2 time outs. Things happen, any given Sunday and all.
Kickers this year from that distance are something like 98% success rate, Robbie is 100% this year from that distance. What's the percentage of kicks blocked from ANY distance in the NFL this year? Now it may not have worked out had they let the 9ers score, but the odds were not in their favor hoping for a block/miss.

This is pretty silly. . . What if a snap got fumbled, or Hyde got the ball punched out. Bears did this twice a few weeks ago against the Saints.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
This is pretty silly. . . What if a snap got fumbled, or Hyde got the ball punched out. Bears did this twice a few weeks ago against the Saints.

Ok, But Fox said the decision to not let them score was because "we liked the block play we had". He was banking on a FG block, a 0% shot against Robbie this year, and a 2% shot (of a miss) league wide this year. He wasn't hoping for a fumble or bad snap, he banked on a virtual impossibility.